Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Krekrejoe New Member

If this is part of a plan, should there be some lore that accompanies the exodus of the vendors?
    Meatball likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

I'm thinking players are next:(.
    Imrahil and Meatball like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

If you mean the PoK reduction, it's been on test for at least like 2 weeks now
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Because Live is the new Beta, and Beta is the new Test and Test is the New Live.

Keep up.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Ferry-Tunare Augur

My sincerest apologies then to the devs. I try to keep up with the Test patch notes and missed the notice of destruction.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

As a career Ranger with max AA, at lest RkII spells, and good healing focii, I'm afraid I gotta call BS on this one. We can get off a nice quick "patch heal". That's about it.
    Only time my Ranger heals ever actually turned the tide of anything, was the time I chain-healed the Living Sacrifice in "A Matter of Life and Death" (Chapterhouse).
    And that's only because somebody else was slacking at keeping him up.
    -Rat
  7. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

PoK is a very large zone, WHY did someone feel the need to condense vendors to begin with? It's not like there's a real estate shortage. I could somewhat understand if each tradeskill type was condensed onto 3-4 vendors as long as some of them were moved AWAY from the small bank area to avoid the lag-fest. i.e. 2 alchemy vendors near small bank, 2 alchemy vendors elsewhere. The only problem I see remaining would be the truly epic length of the list of items available on each vendor if only a few of each type are available.

Condensing the PoK vendors to JUST the small bank area is ludicrous. Doing it without updating the find info of who sells what is just beyond frustrating. The lag created by such a large congregation in such a small space alone is a FABULOUS reason to undo the change (think Lobby at it's worst). Add to that the new difficulty of targeting vendors and tradeskill tables through the crowd (if you don't lag out and go LD that is) as well as the ENORMOUS list of items offered for sale on a single vendor and it becomes a total disaster.

Please, for the sake of our remaining sanity, undo this change.

P.S.
    Please revert Freeport to the old version too. I STILL can't find my way around "new" Freeport after all these years.
    Melanippe, beryon, Lisandra and 5 others like this.
  8. Piasa Journeyman

I would like to get a more definite word on the experience nerf please. It was nice to see the response by JChan, but I cannot believe it would take this long to make a decision.

Please give us a straight answer.. Yes we are reverting, or No we are not reverting the change.
  9. Fendy Augur

Straight definitive answers lead to definitive actions by players. That's why they're so rare. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they conduct some variant of a shadow jury to gauge what our reactions to some decisions might be. Obviously not all of their decisions or things like the PoK vendor purge wouldn't have happened. Or their shadow jury was very poorly chosen.
    Garshok, Ferry-Tunare and Yinla like this.
  10. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Theyll never give a straight answer for the sake of their own rear ends over the players.
    If they do give us an answer, and decide to go back on that answer in the future, it would further sever the ties between the EQ makers and the EQ players, and were already hanging on our last tendon or 2.
    Mysl likes this.
  11. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

I just run into walls until i hit a zoneline, seems to be the only logical course of navigation in a zone that literally wants to make you smash your face into walls.
    Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  12. Alandros Elder

+1000... Seriously... it really is damned if you do and damned if you don't. People want to see that the existing team is active, then when they start doing things people don't give it a chance! State what you want people and sit back and give them some time to act and to properly evaluate their actions, stop freaking out.
  13. Alandros Elder

I don't see how that is any different than old freeport.
  14. Tyraxor Augur

People are impatient, so much was possible with Eq1...
    so many chances passed by, in favor of being content with milking money out of the game without giving much back.

I doubt you are aware of how many chances were given to this game already by those who are still here, all of my very old friends left by now. Every single one, and it was a full guild of people.
  15. Piasa Journeyman

I just want them to fix stuff that needs fixed, and stop with the dumb changes.. Exp nerf is by far one of the most idiotic changes I have seen since GoD came out. I cannot fathom that they actually spent resources implementing something that at least half the people absolutely hate and it has cost them money. Yet they spend their time working on the NPCs in Knowledge, or other crap that is not important when what they really need to do is revert the exp nerf implemented with RoF so they can get some more sales.

This is the top question that was asked, got a maybe we can look at it response. With another we are considering it response. The only reason I am so bitter about this change is all my subs renewed for 2 years each. I wish I could get my money back, but I cannot. Nothing short of a total reversal will keep me as a customer.
    Yinla, Whosurdaddy, Mysl and 2 others like this.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

Same here we want an answer, or a timeline, How long is it going to take to make a decision. I would like to resub and buy the expansion and play during the Anniversary Events if the nerf is reverted, but I refuse to do so until we get some straight answers. Let me know if I can spend money or take my business elsewhere. I won't wait on word forever.
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Ferry-Tunare Augur

It's been a month since my best friend logged in. He was max AA and didn't need the xp but he was my friend. I miss him very much and despise those who are destroying what little some of us have left.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Iila Augur

Here's an answer: You're not going to get an answer. They're just saying they'll discuss it because that's less harsh than giving a straight No. It's been over 4 months, any discussions should have been long over.

They'll be discussing it until people stop asking about it.
  19. beryon Augur

But that's just it, people did state exactly what they wanted! You very rarely see the playerbase agree on something so unanimously as they did with asking for the xp nerf to be revoked. Yet the response we get for that is, "We'll think about it. Maybe. Oh look at the time." Then they go ahead & waste time randomizing the vendor inventories, which absolutely nobody asked for. I'm still having difficulty understanding how anyone thought that was a good idea. It actually would've made a great April Fools Day joke, but they're serious.

So they don't have time to address player concerns, but they have time to bork stuff that was working fine. They can't have it both ways. We don't just want to see them active, we want to see them productive. They made this big hoopla about being more transparent (again), and the first thing they do is radically alter a popular zone without asking for feedback first or having any sort of discussion about it.
  20. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Boy, I had not really paid attention to the exp nerfs, but I got an education last night.

3 DH HAs at level 100 = almost 50% regular exp. i went from 50% to about 98% into 100.

3 DH HAs at level 101 = 24% regular exp. One level, and exp is cut in half.

I hope to hell whoever did this was among the fired.