Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. fortuneteller Augur

So since no HF, you have to Wear a hat, and you Loose all the stats on your normal hat ? BAD swap.

This is really a bad beta reward for helping them test the expansion.
    Instead give people a click thing that will port you to Tempest Temple.
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

Yeah, they really act like they don't like us and are doing us a favor by letting us pay for their game and beta test it.
    Fenudir likes this.
  3. Rorce Augur

Beta rewards have always been a cosmetic item for as long as I can remember. Illusions, merc skins...Hero's Forge items fit right in with that.

And yeah, if you wish to wear the hat without Hero's Forge you'll lose stats. If you want to wear an ornament permanently without losing stats, just buy the Hero's Forge already.
    roguerunner and Lisandra like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Need a new robe to go with the hat!

Hint hint *looks at Icesy* :)
    Lisandra and Sheex like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dread corsair one might work.

But don't forget the race and/or gender change. Barbarian male toons should not be allowed to exist.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Male Barbarians should always be bare chested!

No more BPs for Barbarians!
    Zujilli likes this.
  7. Gnar Augur

Is reward live for everyone now? I dont see it in claims yet, i know i did at least 100 beta stones.
  8. Fenudir Augur

Because a good portion of us dislike having any helm visible.

That and it breaks immersion. You know, the very reason we're lomited on what HF ornamentations we can use.
    Arcainos likes this.
  9. Fenudir Augur

No. They don't. They screw those that don't have HF.
  10. beryon Augur

I had to click refresh, then it showed up.
  11. Forcallen Augur

Awful
    Arcainos and Fenudir like this.
  12. segap Augur

They've already jumped the shark and ruined immersion. Top hats, flying carpets, helicopter thingies, severed hand mounts, aliens, pirates, bulky armor that looks like it belongs in a space themed game, 90% of player studio items, etc. This is just one more example of losing the atmosphere of the world. Really wish they could keep the look and feel of a fantasy world. There are other games that are based in other genres.
  13. Gnar Augur

I guess i didnt do enough, did beta on a few accounts, all around the same amount of stones. None of them showing hat in claim even after refresh, logging and reloading.
  14. Silv Augur

Only one I disagree on is the "helicopter". Gnomes have had their steampunk thing going on and tinkering has made items that could be considered "non-immersive" if you didn't account for all the years that stuff existed before they really went overboard. The rest are horrible though. As an Enchanter, I gave up on any hope of immersion years ago once illusions were farmed out to every single person and they implemented crazy mounts. Sure, I don't mind people having access to special items obtained *in game* and to some extent, LON. Marketplace illusions and mounts were a big slap and obvious attempt to rake in $$$.

I don't believe anyone that was entitled to it received the reward. Pretty sure that it didn't go live for whatever reason. I may be wrong though.

And a helm that requires a marketplace purchase is essentially charging people to participate in beta. You know most people only do it to get the reward and early raid info. Giving out stupid rewards will probably make some people think twice about the next beta test which is just going to hurt future content.

ps. Who uses helms?! I guess my DE has such beautiful hair that I can't imagine covering it up.
  15. Gnar Augur

Strange i got it on 1 account out of the 6 i got into beta, and not on my main account.
  16. Silv Augur

Ah my mistake then... guess it went in but it either required a lot of coins or something went wrong :confused:
  17. Iila Augur

1 raid stone plus some misc stones from grouping wasn't enough for it show up for me.
  18. Cormack New Member

have to have Heroic Forge to wear? not a reward but more of a come on to buy - guess you hoping that we buy HF for ea and every one of our toons - very disappointing.
  19. Baramos Augur

Maybe I am the only one... that's ok... but I *love* this ornament.

I really do.

Bara
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Pwnography Augur

You only recieved one raid stone? I was given eight in the course of two nights of testing with the Dev team. I guess if one was all you needed, I wasted time clicking seven others. :p