New Loot System Info and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou EQResource

Main problem with this is scrolling through a list of 54+ people (if everyone in raid counts as a person in the drop down window some of us have up to like 70 people in raid if not more due to Sitters on great raid turnout days)

For those events you could turn the system off though and use the old way?

Only other thought to make it faster would be with a slash command, then you could make a hotkey with it or something to assign loot the instant it pops in window and such
  2. Qulas Augur

Scrolling through the list to find the one specific person that you need to give it to takes a lot of time. In raids where you are going to be pressed for time to complete the event, those wasted seconds could be the difference between winning and losing.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Deillusional Augur

You can turn the system off for raids I thought?
  4. Hludwolf Developer

Yes, you can turn it off.

Default should be 1 minute

No promises yet, but we will discuss implementing a modifiable ask timer.
  5. Hludwolf Developer

Would adding the ability to favorite players so that they appear at the top of the list solve this issue and remove/reduce the necessity of a faster ask timer?
  6. Iila Augur

It's still changing the item looting from 12 people each looting one item off a corpse, to 1 person assigning 12 items to 12 people.

The first functions in parallel with itself and anything else going on. The second requires attention devotion from a single person for the entire duration.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Maybe I am missing something. I don't see a master loot option in game. I have tried the /advloot and it says invalid command. Is this still in beta stage? If not where exactly do I go or how do I activate it so I can play with this new toy?
  8. blood & gufts Augur

Hmm, favorite players ? What you mean with that ?

I hope you dont mean that raid leader/master looter should give favorite status for a few selected players ?
  9. Hludwolf Developer

After brainstorming for a bit: Our potential solution to this (and some related issues)
    • The master looter will have an additional column for free-grab.
    • Column is mutually exclusive with auto ask and auto roll column.
    • Master looter clicks the check box giving players the option to loot as many of these things that they want as if they were looting the corpse.
    • All matching items are also marked as free-grab. This data is persisted with future drops.
    • Players can click a grab this item which will place it into the Personal Loot List (PLL)
    • After clicking to grab an item, you will get a confirmation window that says do you want this item? Yes/No.
    • Items in personal loot list can be looted the same as before.
    • AN/AG/Never will have no affect on grabbing items from the Construct Loot List (CLL)

This is currently on test only.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

.......... Fail at reading.
    Soltara likes this.
  11. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

Thanks for the updates and fixes! I haven't tested every single one that I reported yet, but so far, so good.

I've been expanding and training my edit filters, in particular try to weed out the "no trade, no quest, no use" items which always aggravated me. It occurs to me, though, that given that EQ has 116,000 items and counting, eventually my edit filters could potentially become quite unwieldy. Yes, that is an incentive to limit my filters to important items only. But has any thought been given to using a search function as opposed to a mere scroll bar? Like something along the lines of what you see for tradeskill containers?
  12. Deillusional Augur

If a guild in a raiding situation chooses to use the old way of looting, does everyone need it off or just the raid leader? Will they be problems if people not got it off, when looting the chests?
  13. Hludwolf Developer

Yes, we should be able to get to this at some point in the future.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

15. Crystilla Augur

I can't wait for future enhancements (where for example, you can auto set any "tradeskill" tagged or "quest" tagged items to whatever you want - never show, always loot, etc.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Oxgoad like this.
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

I dont have time to test but wanted to post a question about an issue.

Quest items from old zones you might want ignored from looting that later are used in a new higher level quest that you are looking for now but might have the item on ignore from before.

example

Snow Griffin Egg

Drops: This item is found on creatures. [IMG]

East Wastes, Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening
    Eastern Wastes

Quests: This item is used in quests. [IMG]
    Brell's Temple
    Thurgadin

This is probley a poor example but I am sure their are other examples but is the ignore for an item from an older zone cause you to never see the item when trying to find it in the new zone when you have the quest and forgot to see if the item needed is on ignore. .
  17. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

I ran into this when copying edit filters from one character to another. The higher level character was ignoring No Drop Quest items for quests it had already done. But, of course, the lower level character still needed some of those items, so I had to change the filter, so to speak. Basically, when you set out to do a quest, you should check your edit filters to make sure that you don't have any of the quest items set to "Never" loot.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The new looting system looks promising; and while I do understand the desire to put have the best looting system in use as soon as possible, I think that when this goes Live it should not be the default. It should be put in as the secondary to give everyone time to get used to it, to let those who have no idea it is coming to learn of it, and for all of the still unknown bugs to be worked out of it. Then after another 3 or so months you could change it to the default.
    Melanippe likes this.
  19. Melanippe Augur

When one considers that the Customer Service policy with regard to mis-looted items as well as deleted items, etc has been radically changed, if the ALS goes live as the default system the question is will Customer Service remedy errors caused by the ALS or the players understandable lack of information about the intricacies of the system and its quirks?

If the developers insist on setting this as the default system, I would strongly suggest that prior to this system going live, at the very least, the in-game Message of the Day contain instructions on 1: How to turn the system off and 2: contain some kind of link to complete instructions on the use of ALS.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

Quick question about the new system (and apologies in advance if this has been answered).
    Is there any way to apply the loot filter to foraged items and other items that randomly appear on our cursor ? (burned bread, etc)

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.