New Loot System Info and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou EQResource

You need to set Auto Loot on

There should be an option to flag things as "Auto Roll" when an item drops, that should make it so you never have to go into Actions after the first item it will just begin the roll + ask like 2 minute countdown, unfortunately, auto loot does not work when in groups so you still have to loot all click on the personal loot window top portion
    Oxgoad likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Need to add an NPC in the tutorial to explain how to use it! Maybe call them Dzarn or Windstalker. :)
    Oxgoad likes this.
  3. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

This also holds true if one player leaves the zone but stays in the group. The master looter can still "give" that player items, but they never actually get to the player, they just disappear into the ether. This could get awkward if someone dies and their bind point isn't in the same zone.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

This also seems to happen when your other group member is in a different zone, you auto-roll, and the master looter (who is in the zone with the corpse) has chosen "No/Never." I'm not absolutely positive that's what generates these missing items, but that's my best guess.
  5. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

As in /advloot > Edit Filters > Toggle Auto Loot All?

I tried that before, but it seemed to collect everything, ignoring my "Never" filters. I'll try again and see if I was mistaken.
  6. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

OK, it seems like it's working, so perhaps I was hallucinating before.

But, it appears as though there is no way to add new items to the Edit Filters unless you turn off Auto Loot All. I would think it would query you about any items unrecognized by the filters. Perhaps that defeats the purpose of Auto Loot All? I'm still trying to understand. :confused:
  7. Riou EQResource

Yea it will be a pain until you get your Filters set properly, unfortunately :(, it's basically only an annoyance for like a day or so tho until you do
    Oxgoad likes this.
  8. Hludwolf Developer

1. You can select the auto ask and roll check-box and all future drops of that item will ask and then auto roll.
    2. We will consider this. As an alternative, you can assign all of the items you want and then "set all to" leave on corpse.
  9. Hludwolf Developer

This bug should be fixed soon.

You can add items in your filter in your shared list before they are looted. Also, you can pick up an item from your inventory and drop it in the filters window to add it to the list. It should default to AN (always need)
    Oxgoad likes this.
  10. Iila Augur

Is there a way to import/export/share loot list settings without going through each item? Or have saved sub-sets for different situations? Like my solo loot needs might be different from grouping.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Another test case for the loot system: a group member being in death-hover mode.

Currently (or as of a few months ago) the share of money for a dead player /split in a group would just vanish and be lost.
  12. JChan Developer

Like "Edit Filters" -> "Merge / Replace Filters"?
    Iila likes this.
  13. JChan Developer

It's a bug. Help should no longer be restricted in the tutorial zones with the next update.
    Crystilla, Yinla and Oxgoad like this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Happy to see you post.

was getting worried when I did not see you for the last few days, glad you are still here.
    Lisandra, Yinla, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  15. Qulas Augur

Can there be a way to be able to link all of the loot off of a corpse like there currently is. After beating a raid the loot is usually linked into a public channel like guild chat so people who are sitting out can also see what dropped. In the current system there is no way to do this easily.

It's also a little clunky when it comes to trying to loot items fast. There are several raids that require items being looted. There is no way currently to quickly loot items using the new system, even when an item is marked as ' loot all ' when it is assigned to you it does not loot instantly.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fanra like this.
  16. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

Oh? I just assumed it was intentional. That's what I get for making assumptions. Cool. Thanks for addressing it!
  17. Zentara Augur

This...there are several raids that require assigned players to loot items off of corpses asap so they can turn around and use them to cancel/modify/create an effect for the raid to succeed.

Admittedly I'm not on test and maybe the system takes all this into account, but Qulas' post seems to imply it does not--which is a really big deal.
  18. JChan Developer

We'll put this on the improvements list.

There is currently an issue where the AN and AG filters are not properly auto looting when they appear in your Personal List. Things marked AN and AG should get auto-inventoried when you have "Apply Filters" turned on.
    Qulas and Oxgoad like this.
  19. Qulas Augur

There also needs to be a way to force a roll faster than the 2 minute default, Otherwise using this system during raids that require drops off of mobs will not be optimal, and will actually become problematic.
  20. JChan Developer

In those cases why wouldn't the Master Looter not just give the item to someone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.