Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. fortuneteller Augur

They might have had a good thing at the beginning, but those lately, not worth the investment
    Axem the Great likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Nice I like those. I don't see a volume discount coming but would be nice to think.

Not sure if you mean connection from Guild Hall or Guild Lobby but im all for a connection from Guild lobby to Bazzar.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

The one thing that i have been most disappointed with with the launch of the TDS is no mention of the new looting system that was mentioned prelaunch. There was mention that there was going to be a new system that would make looting faster to where you can select items to "alway" or "never" loot. As someone who 6 boxes trying to be as efficient as possible is important to me and this seemed like an awesome way to shave some time off my HA run to allow me to get back to action. Or when killing in zones like OBF where every mob drops a no drop quest item that i do not want it would save a lot of time looting corpses if i could just ignore all those items. I know I am probably one of the few who really care about this system but still it got me very excited for the new expansion that i own on 7 accounts only to be left wondering if this system was canned or still in the works.
  4. Iila Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-loot-system-info-and-bugs.217595/
    Lisandra and Uxtalzon like this.
  5. Scila Augur

only if there is a way to opt out ...
  6. fortuneteller Augur

10. Make so that there are zones for all types of char types, those that solo, Group and such. Make zones friendly for all types. Examle those that swarm kites, mob dont summon, and such.
    11. Dont swing so much in the extremes. Examples: task xp, from big in RoF to tiny in TDS, Open zones in VoA/RoF/CoTF to closed in TDS. Find a balance, like middle for xp, and end zone for open zones. There need to be a red line that developers follow and is consistent
    Lisandra and LS_Xegony_Dru like this.
  7. Kellaer Augur

It is disconcerting that the replies regarding another expansion aren't a blunt and immediate "yes."
    Mayfaire and RangerDanger#1 like this.
  8. svann Augur

When have they ever answered a blunt and immediate yes to any question on that level? never. Absurd to expect it.
    Mintalie, Lisandra and Axem the Great like this.
  9. Chips Elder

One big suggestion.. There have been two progression servers. I'm guessing here, but after a certain expansion pack players stop playing. One thing to possibly take a look at is setting the progression servers to where players could not only vote to go to the next expansion, but also to start over.. If people get close to what the live server already is, it'd make since if they get an option to vote to 'reset' the progression server.. I definitely would love a server reset.

Also it's been mentioned a lot over the years.. Possibly get up a classic through Luclin server, or something.
  10. svann Augur

"We want answers"
    "You want answers"?
    "WE WANT THE TRUTH"!
    Mintalie, beryon and Mayfaire like this.
  11. Eggborn Lorekeeper

I think I may be able to sum up the feel of this thread. No EQ1 player is a fan of just the tip. To truly satisfy this player base you have to plunge it all the way in.
    Mintalie and Uxtalzon like this.
  12. Karthanon Augur

First off: Thanks for listening to all of us through the chaos, Holly - we're more than a little passionate about 'our' game (and we have to be, after 16 years!), and change is always seen as frightening. I'm cautiously optimistic - I'm happy to give new management a chance, but with that comes an expectation that you will listen to your playerbase; We're a sometimes fracticious lot but we all love the game, it's lore (well, I do - and I'm saying rest of you do just 'cause...well, just 'cause), and we want to spend time playing it and supporting it with our hard earned money.

Although I realize this would be far, far down the resource chain - how about opening up your API for external restricted use? I'd love to see something connected to mobile where I'm still linked in to my EQ account - where I can set my trader's prices, do searches in the bazaar/barter, and talk with those in my friends list. Sure, I can do this now, but it requires me to VPN in to my home network, take over control of my box via VNC, and it's laggy as all heck. :)

Of course, the reason I ask for a remote API is just so that DBG doesn't have to use t heir resources to build an external app; I'm sure if it's provided someone would build something. Heck, I didn't think of myself as a coder anymore until I learned about the Unity kit for the PS Vita, so I'm spending my extra time poking around in that lately learning how to build stuff in that environment just for fun.
    Mintalie and Lisandra like this.
  13. silku Augur

I'm not demanding answers, or pushing her to answer anything. I'm saying that any dev/producer/community relations person who has time, or when they DO have time, this is something I'm exceptionally curious about.
  14. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Welcome back Holly, I have to admit seeing the producer position filled by an old gamer eased my mind about EQs future. I really thought I was going to lose my world.
    As far as suggestions for the game go I can only comment on what I would love to see. Like many I have my own wish list!
    I would sell my first born for a rebirth of Al'Kabor. My first choice for that rebirth would be just making it accessible by pc and mac but change nothing about the code. I don't know how feasible it is but I would love that 'old' EQ to be preserved. Would it be successful? I don't know all I know is I would play there! :D I'm old I hate change! While I love the progression servers, they don't quite capture that old world feel for me.
    While an Al'kabor server would quell my yearning for a progression server I do think that that progression race is very popular and might be an idea worth exploring. I know we have people on both Vulak and Fippy that are rabid about not being merged with each other, but maybe it's time to put a poll on those servers and see what kind of response there would be to merging them and starting a new race. I always felt it was rather silly to have 2 progression servers launched that were the same. Relaunching one would make 2 completely different feels.
    As far as expacs going forward. I think re-using old content could be fun. Again it goes with the I hate change theme :D I love 'classic' EQ. (Or what I classify as classic!) While I hate change I do have to admit I love some of the changes like the tradeskill and extended target window!

That's enough from me for now, I just want to say again welcome back Holly! Good luck with all these rabid wonderful EQ nuts!
  15. Maxe Augur

I came back a few months ago to the game out of nostalgia and saw so much new stuff and so many nice people I ended up subbing for a year an dropping a couple grand since then on LoN and marketplace items. I like what you have done, but I see a lot of places where things can be improved.

1: The experience nerf: I know a lot of people have been complaining about this, but it effected me directly because people that are in their 100s are less likely to group with me in places where their experience gain is severely nerfed. I joined a guild and almost all the members stopped playing other than popping in for dailies or to check if rare spawns were up so I had to guild hop (and I hate doing that)

2: Character slots: There aren't enough character slots available in the game to fully experience what you have to offer. I'm an altoholic, so I really need some more so I can try all the classes and maybe even lock a few characters at other levels to raid nostalgia stuff. You don't have to give them out for free, and you could even make some money on them by putting them on the marketplace. I'm pretty sure character data is a tiny amount of your costs, so the cost vs benefits for your team is huge. You could add it as a bonus for collector's editions purchases and increase the max purchase on the marketplace to 5 or 6 for some easy money.

3: Shrouding improvements: Shrouding is a foreign concept to me, and when I ask people about it, they tend to tell me it isn't worth the time. Some simple revamps to the shrouding system could really improve the interest. Adding achievements that include illusion item rewards, simple titles, silly hats or other ornaments, people love these. I know I do. You could make old school raid zones, simple copy paste, revamp the loot to ornaments or turn-in currency for that type of stuff or maybe even some decent twink items or an alternate currency to the wandering noble rare item merchant (expensive). You could have players shroud to a set specific type to try other things, and trek through the past completing historical battles like some of the stuff you touch on with plane of time/void zones.

4: Guide/GM events: I love these. Since I've been back, I've been lucky enough to participate in 5 events with cool ornament/illusion potion awards. More of these would be great when the server is really quiet so people like me have something to do instead of standing in front of small bank looking for a group. Your guide and support teams have been awesome, popping in occasionally just to hand out cake and brew is a big part of the friendly nostalgia I really enjoy about the game coming back as an original pre-launch player. We appreciate it, even if a few people are jerks about it. I even get into it with roleplaying, and that's not something I normally do unless that is happening. They're extremely fun. I realize this takes people being actively there, but it also cheers me up every time it happens, and makes me keep coming back. This would be a great opportunity to pass out some of those much sought after illusion items accessible only to guides or GMs as well.

5: MOAR EXPACS: Don't give up on us. We love and NEED new content. Not just for EQ, but also for Legends of Norrath. On a side note, you should really work on reducing the difficulty of easy mode for scenarios in legends of norrath. I have played deck builders since the early 90s, and I can not beat any scenarios with the base decks you offer as a gift, and I have no idea how to build a deck. A guide or two assigned to LoN for helping with this would go a long way.

6: Loyalty Points: Give ALL ACCESS members ways to accrue more of these. More incentive to purchase all access. There are already a lot of nice little bonuses, but it can't hurt to add a few more, especially if your numbers are lower than you like. More bonuses for purchasing collector's editions, and make the old collector's edition bonuses available to people through the station cash store. (an item at the time, or as bundles with discounts).

I'm also open to discussion if anyone wants to talk to me in game on Rathe-Prexus.

~ Jive Turkey the Eagle Eye
    Lisandra and Yinla like this.
  16. Mardy Augur

The progression servers have always been a hit for the first 2 years or so. Hard to argue servers that draw in subscriptions the game would otherwise not have. Those servers also helped keep players that would've otherwise quit much sooner from the live game. People do realize you have to pay premium in order to play on those progression servers right? So unlike a lot of free-to-play players on the live servers, those that filled Fippy & Vulak paid premium subscriptions to play. Myself included. You see that guy 3-5 boxing on regular servers? Chances are he's paying for just 1 subscription (if that) while rest of the alts/buff bots are on free-to-play. While that guy boxing 3-5 characters on the progression servers are paying 3-5 accounts worth of premium. It's a good revenue source. Even EQ devs and ex-producer said Fippy & Vulak were wild success.

Just because the timelocked progression servers empty out after certain expansions don't mean they were failures. That's like saying EQ1 used to have 450,000 subscribers back during PoP -> LDoN, and now the game has a fraction of that, so EQ is a failure? Because it started out strong during the first 4 years but fizzled after? Makes no sense. I do find the irony in how players leave these progression servers due to certain expansions just as we've seen players leave during certain expansions (like the Underfoot expansion, or TDS) on the live servers.

This game can use more players, it can use more players willing to pay the money to play and support this game. Every single player that have played on this round of progression servers paid premium in order to play. Starting from day 1 when both servers hit over 2,000 players. We can debate what new content people want all day. But guaranteed premium subscriptions will be there if they do launch a new timelocked progression server. As for spending precious resources, just how much resources do you think a new progression server would take? They're doing something they've done before. As opposed to all the dreams about creating new things that people are having and asking for in this thread.
  17. Snowman Augur

Hey Holly there is a ton of info here .... could you and the devs do something simple that I think most people would like to see ! --

Please add more filters for us - less spam is a great thing - PLEASE
    Mintalie, Sita and Yinla like this.
  18. beyrak Augur

Yes we need a new progression server, but please stop with the time locked classic stuff. It would never work. GoD was blocked on Fippy and almost killed the server. It never really recovered. I mean after you are maxed on xp and gear, then what? It won't work!

Just give us a new time locked progression server unlocking new expacs every 3-4 months without a vote! Soo many people are waiting for it! People have been begging and begging but we are never heard.
  19. Fendy Augur

You can't handle the truth!
    sorry. you stopped the quote a line early :confused:
    Yinla and Fenudir like this.
  20. Fendy Augur

There is an unused door in the lobby near the neighborhood zones. There is an unused door in the bazaar. Link them!
    Muuadib, Lisandra, Yinla and 2 others like this.