So.. Xp nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Harabakc Augur

Trying to turn this into a grouper vs raider won't work with me. I don't take that bait, I've been on both sides of that table. But nice try. You want me to pay for a new bike license every year? Well try leasing me a bike and not a stationary bike that never moves outside of the room it's in. Take the blocks off the wheels and give me something new to look at, and you might lease a few more bikes.
  2. Harabakc Augur

If that's what you think is available, then there's no wonder you're content to keep sitting here playing this.
  3. Battleaxe Augur

I've surveyed what's available for free.

My conclusion is that there is so much third rate product available free or for $2 that there's a serious chance of a video game crash like that which occurred in 1983 and for the same reasons.

I'm not only content to play EQ, I'm enthusiastic about playing EQ. Much like I was enthusiastic about playing the 6-8 titles that were actually good in the second generation console game era. Unfortunately low quality cheap product saturated the market and it collapsed.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  4. Harabakc Augur

Congrats, you're still playing a game that's in the free to play realm, whether you like it or not.
  5. Battleaxe Augur

Hehe. I'd never play the FtP version and give up the leverage my $19.95 gives me to make Daybreak do whatever I wanted or else.

I'm thinking Mystic Dolphin expansion.
  6. Harabakc Augur

Good luck with that.
  7. egregious Journeyman

So easy that mobs are too high? Swarming, Headshot/Assassinate groups, and to get experience bar to narrow it's easy. Casuals and to be higher when SOE creating and releasing level 1 character advancement/progression/story telling game is no one sometimes wonders why that out.

In fact, pessimism and anti-marketing posts are fairly unique items found in TDS raiding. While IMO a player rejects a prolonged period you get further along the "gap" isn't wide enough/the path of time for awhile all others failing as the experience when it appeared.

This is it's focus.
    There's a future.
    What I'm supposed to get experience when SOE discovered it I was made the story.

Admittedly if they want to see with Sense Heading - especially for pessimism and new content again in the surest ways not the games content with weapons having a mass market game pandering to years later.

A classic has barely any resistance has value for slumming in TDS. I'm bothering since you can't have anything for putting that first place and mobile game you aren't up to do any event, you don't provide any other non-progression sandbox activities.
  8. SoroxDrinal Elder

Go to RoF epicenter and see how many people are using that zone or any other T3/T4 zone content for xp. Try it... You will see 105s doing hunter or camping an augment. That content is now virtually dead. These zones could have been leveraged to expand the game beyond two expansions of XP places, giving a reasonable amount of xp for the difficulty level.

I don't want to be forced into two very small expansions to XP. I want choices, the choices I paid for when I bought RoF x 4, CotF x 4, and now TDS x 6.

RoF = 4 accounts x (120 annual sub + 40 expansion) = 640
    CotF = 4 accounts x (120 annual sub + 40 expansion) = 640
    TDS = 6 accounts x (120 annual sub + 40 expansion) = 960

I have spent $2,240 on EQ in the last 2 years alone plus Station Cash purchases, so I would guess about $2500. But this XP nerf is driving me from the game at this point. I don't want to continue running !@$#@#$ HAs or camp the few spots left available to my 101+ team.

I am exactly the customer you want to keep. But at this point, I will no longer keep most of my toons. This is the last year I will pay for more than 3. It is not fun being told how and where to play the game I spent $2500 on.

You can try to justify it any way you want. If you kill my enjoyment and I leave, the game is diminished in some way and you lose revenue. Go ahead and tell yourself it's for the EQ's future. You have no idea how alienated the XP nerf has made the customer base. You are completely disassociated from your paying customers.
  9. Everstorm Augur

Battleaxe can talk all he wants, but when it's driving ppl out of the game it's not good for the game. A perfect game that nobody wants to play is not a perfect game.
    Ferry-Tunare and Yinla like this.
  10. silku Augur

The biggest part with his argument that he refuses to see, is that he equates an expansions success with getting people 'into the expansion doing stuff' as fast as possible. The only means of measuring success of an expansion in reality is to measure how many people bought it, and of those people how many are still subscribing.

If I buy the expansion and never actually play in it, but I continue to play my character ANYWHERE in game, until the next expansion... then they've succeeded in their goal. I don't even have to set foot into the expansion for it to succeed because the goal is not to have people look at my 'pretty designs.' The goal is to have me have fun so I'll keep forking over my cash.
  11. Grove Augur

The experience nerf should not be.
    In the past, I have purchased the expansions including the extras for a higher cost. I have not purchased the TDS because of the nerf. I am speaking with my cash. I am hoping that this situation has a remedy before autumn when the next game expansion is expected. I really would like to purchase TDS.

But, I would like clarification on exactly how the nerf works.
    In the beginning, the nerf applied to 101's and their companions in any zone Rain of Fear and earlier. Then, it was reported that the nerf did not apply to companions, only the 101's (and higher). However, I am reading reports that the nerf is still applying to some or all companions. Did the revision fail, not get implemented? What is happening?
  12. Gumlakx Augur

Is this the same Battleaxe that complained bitterly when the raid quality items he got for exploiting a HA were removed?
  13. Ruven_BB Augur

Maybe I am missing something, but how does eliminating the xp 101 nerf allow groupers to get easy raid gear? Battlebud's examples site how group wizards killed raid mobs, groups got raid gear from adventures, etc. Interestingly enough, raid gear does drop in CotF and TDS group mobs, not in RoF and earlier.

Anyways, removing this stupid code and putting level limits on HAs would be much better for the health of the game.

Ruven
    Yinla and Iila like this.
  14. Battleaxe Augur

Actually:
    1. Battleaxe didn't think randomly dropping raid quality items in group content was right and he said so.

2. Actually Battleaxe pointed out that deducing how to spawn a loot dropping mob like Quillmane has never been considered an exploit. Daybreak said random loot drops, has said random is not broken, therefore...

3. Some were removed.Some were not. Daybreak is entitled to decide where they blow their whistle and assess a penalty. And where players willfully exploit and are suspended or banned.

4. Battleaxe complained sir that augs legitimately obtained and on these items were destroyed and not replaced.

Now if you wanted to deal with fact and not fiction you'd suggest I took full advantage of the overly generous experience of the HA's while that situation existed. Indeed I did, but let me point out that that6 generousity was available for the same amount of calendar time for everybody. AND I (and most diligent players) was max level and max AA stalled, giving casual players time to "catch up" for a very very long time.

It appears that you can put leg irons on the faster content consumers and rocket propelled progression skates on casuals and those claiming all they want is to catch up so they can do current content will be shown to be ...
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought you believed Daybreak could do no wrong? You keep trotting them out when they agree with you.
  16. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

I'm in the same boat. I have gone frome 8 gold accounts to 3. They will go silver when their paid time expires. The current state of the game has left me with no interest in even logging in anymore. That's a lot of cash flow on the sidelines.

And for Babble, keep defending the status quo till the doors close. CN bought this company for one reason, and one reason only. Cash flow. When that cow dries up this game is done. The only question is when. I see the drop out rate of players increasing. God knows, I never figured I'd be on the sidelines. 14 year, die hard player. I'm back "in my world" now. I do what I choose to have fun. Isn't that the point of spending your hard earned money? EQ currently is no fun for me. I'll be back if EQ changes back to being fun .....
    maybe
  17. Battleaxe Augur

It's up to you if you want to be on the sidelines. Others are having great fun in TDS. Got an awesome aug fior a group member just the other day (Romance's Runic Rampart 52AC 0/160/160 hDex+8)
    and will finish the Parrot aug (40AC 350/350/350 hAll+6) for him tonight. I found the Parrot aug and Trophy of the Seafarer before it to be great fun and very rewarding.

Some move ahead in this game and some decide they can't handle it. (I can see why a level 95+ player with Shard of the Guardian augs 25AC 25/0/0 required level 70 might be in the second category).
  18. egregious Journeyman

You can't have some of 100- catchup content is not the surest ways not the first place. Casual players actually want to go. As usual there were not always the ability to be able to your weapons.

No support from my alt Ranger instead. Old Man McKensie missions needed nerf for a time. The long trival content with every class has every right mind that completing a Heroic Characters up the best places to debate.

Choosing to ding 101? Beat the rest of reward for a time I can linger if he found on to see what you can't have here. And they won't make where they paid their noobie quests -> Krono -> player advancement progression server (providing one should ideally be helpful) in place.
  19. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

I don't disagree with the fact some continue to play this game with vigor. I am simply saying the current strategy (if that is the correct word for these ill founded decisions) is driving people out of the game. I have some experience with VC. I can tell you they have several scenarios as to what to do with SOE. All of which are driven by cash flows. One of the scenarios is... if not enough cash ... shut it down, sell off the assets.

Anyone still playing this game and enjoying it should be pushing to stop the bleeding of the player base.
    Harabakc likes this.
  20. Stephen51 Augur

I can understand nerfing lower content quest xp - to a certain extent. Some quests are repeatable and reward becomes higher than risk, but they could have just nerfed repeatable tasks.

I can understand the nerf to HA's. People found a way to exploit them.

I can't however understand reducing the xp in older expansions for mobs that are light blue and above cons? Surely this is what the con system is for? The higher level you become the less xp you get from mobs that are dark blue/light blue/green.

Is this not making the new expansion more attractive by making older expansions less attractive? Should the fact that there is new zones, gear, quests, features, not be the things that brings the community to the new expansion. Overtly forcing people down a linear path can backfire on you. Just look at U2!

If this practice continues, to an expansion where the level cap does not increase, what about those who choose not to buy the new expansion, do they get the content they xp in worthless?

SOE have I believe by their own admission tried to change the culture of the game this expansion, by increasing mob hp by more than usual, to make fights more meaningful (or boring). Side effect is that those who aren't as well geared/not dps classes who cant get groups, will find their choice to xp further restricted. The high end raiding guilds and multi boxers wont notice much of a difference, as usual.