Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Saave Augur

The BETA Reward I have in mind would be this:

AA : Once used, you will no longer have an experience penalty for the zones of Rain of Fear and lower.
    As a bonus, you will also no longer have an experience nerf ~OR~ timers for doing any HA's in EQ.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Edrick Augur

the rain of fear exp nerf should not be a penalty for anyone, ever
  3. EQgamer23 Elder

if the beta reward is a hat ornament, I'm going to be really pissed.

Aside from the fact that 99% of the time I have "show helm" clicked off, a headpiece ornament is just simply a really crappy reward.

If it was a weapon ornament, say, 1 of ~6 to choose from, that would be a bit better, but a HAT??

I know you guys have to look at forums posts with a grain of salt, and say "hey, we can't please everybody, and some people are going to complain", but do you really think that this type of reward is worthwhile and impactful?

Every decision you make should have that test.
    Perplexed and Fenudir like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Would be nice if they lightened the RoF exp penalty a little bit but for everyone not as a beta reward.
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

RoF exp nerf should just go away.

I'll be happy with a new hat! Not liked the last few beta rewards, so looking forward to something different that I will use. Just wish they would add some storage!
    Ferry-Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  6. Grummy_NB Augur

I don't want a hat. I use show helm off because every time I zone with them on, it disappears and reverts to the standard hair for my dwarf. (and that is NOT the one selected for my character). Fix that bug first please.

For the beta reward, I want them to fix the "purple club mouse stops working bug". I know the devs know about it, because a few expansion back I was with a dev beta testing something and it happened. They said, yes that is a know bug. It is very annoying during a raid or even group fighting to lose your mouse. by the way, it works in windows, and all other apps and no, F12, turn the mouse off and on, doesn't fix it. you must zone to get it back.

Fix that one for the beta reward please.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Now you will play their way:mad:.
  8. guado Augur

Beta Reward: Reset Arx Mentis x250 coin achievements.

This will gain you some points in the raiding community!
  9. Anhari Augur

Have they e-mailed the reward notice? I haven't received one and I know I consumed at least 400 stones.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

It was put on hold for some reason, maybe because of people whining about the hat.

I think the hat was a dumb thing, mainly because it forces people to buy the marketplace add on in order to use it, but the sense of entitlement about people clicking a couple of items on beta is absurd. They should just stop doing beta rewards entirely.
  11. Saave Augur

ETA on BETA Reward?
  12. Kiillz Augur

if still a hat hope no eta
  13. Battleaxe Augur

It's not something I'll use every day, but on Talk Like a Pirate Day and July 4th in combination with the right robe it'll. be fun.

Hat or something else - it's just a souvenir. I didn't Beta for an item, I did it to support my guild's efforts to see what the raids were like/give the officers a chance to make useful feedback. Thanks SOE for letting me do that.
  14. Grummy_NB Augur

How about an item that reduces your housing rent? or an item that increases how many items you can place in your house?
  15. Pwnography Augur

I honestly wanted a Tricorn Hat. I know I'm way in the minority here, but illusions I never touch (I like how my character looks) and mercenary contracts make it so I cant transfer my mercenary to another person. If a healer merc manages to die for some reason, it always gets dismissed and someone fades/pops one. I keep a bunch of healers fully buffed, but special mercs remove the ability to transfer one to the person who dismissed theirs if they don't have the contract as well. Its a major downside for anyone who ever transfers mercs for whatever reason.

Hero's Forge is probably the only thing I would find valuable at all given the past beta rewards. For the rare few like me, I hope they still give us the hat they already created anyways to go with whatever else is the new reward.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Garshok Augur

What would really be nice would be if you could use it with one of the pirate illusions.

I know, I know, illusions and Hero's Forge don't mix. And I don't have a pirate illusion . . . but I might be tempted to get one if the reward did end up being a hat.

[But yes, would rather have ROF exp penalty removed for everyone]
  17. Arcaine Elder

A hat ornament is a virtual slap in the face to players who put in effort to help test the new patch. And I'm not talking about a slap from Sony's hand...

If you want your player base to test the beta, reward them appropriately. If you don't care at all, show that you don't care - and give us a hat.

If you really cared, and wanted to give something unique to reward the players who went above and beyond, give a full set of unique ornaments. I don't like the idea of pirate, but hey, I'd respect the decision if it was a full set of pirate gear(or even the ability to buy a full set from a vendor)
  18. Fenudir Augur

You'd still be locking out the people who don't have (and refuse to PAY for) hero's forge.
  19. Nolrog Augur

How do you know the ornament didn't include a free HF unlock?
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Abazzagorath Augur

Because this isn't bizarro everquest?
    Fenudir likes this.