I wan't to come back...But I better not 8(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dramatime, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Dramatime Augur

Hey everyone!
    I've been stalking the forums checking out what's going on. I would love to come back and 3 box again but the new expansion does not seem worth $120 for me and I'm going to school again so it's never good for my addictive personality.

I hope everyone is having a great time with their characters though and that the expansion is not as bad as I've been reading about. Maybe at a later date I'll be back, assuming EQ is still around then.

Thoughts and Hearts to you all!
    Weenukes EM
  2. Necromonious Augur

Keep in mind that there's a small army...well maybe we'll call it a "troop"....of true "casuals" that are playing EQ and never coming onto forums at all. I like to think that I'm their spokesman, we're just running around eq trying not to embarrass ourselves and occasionally learning really obvious stuff we should be doing lol.

I never even got through the content of cotf. There's a lot of casuals that won't make it through tds before the next expansion. The serious players are the ones that are complaining, really
  3. guado Augur

Necromonious is correct. If you are current on EQ (think of it like a TV series) then, yes, there's not much to do.

But, if you've been gone for probably greater than 2 years, you will come back to a plethora of content.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Heck even us not quite casuals (but not hard core done with everything week 1 players) are done with CoF much less even RoF content or VoA content if you count hunters, and every quest.

The expansion itself is not as bad as initial impressions sounded (they made some changes after launch like opening up 1 more zone to folks without having to be flagged for it). Flagging is more like House of Thule (though mission + partisan instead of just mission like HoT was).
  5. guado Augur

Crystilla brings up a good point too. Even House of Thule Hunter is still worthwhile if you desire the polka dotted bunny rabbit illusion :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

And everyone should. Or if they don't, they ought to! :)

There are a lot of names in HoT, too. That was one of those hunters where completing it really felt like an "accomplishment". Hundreds required instead of what little we get today.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Crystilla Augur

/hugs her polka dot illusion :)

Let's see, I still have this left:
    • VoA - Most quests still remaining to do in Pillars, Windsong, Sepulcher and almost all named for hunter
    • RoF - all quests done but need a couple named for Hunter I believe
    • CoF - several quests/missions for ToR, Argin Hiz, the Void + hunter for most of the expansion
    • The Darkened Sea - all progression quests from Thulisaur, Combine Dredge, Arx Mentis and some mercenary quests from Caverns and Degmar + hunter for all zones except Katta.
    Definitely gives me variety to do, so whatever mood I'm in I can find something for it.
  8. Fogbust Journeyman

Yea don't do it if you are in school, for less money you can get a good rpg like Divinity which has a lot more to discover than Eq these days. And you can pause there at any time, Eq is no good for young people who should spend not too much time there and if you would ask those that will say otherwise are always 30+ i would bet any amount of money on that.
  9. silku Augur

I'm not a raider. I don't play every day. I am fairly casual. Some days I log in for an hour, some days a few hours (if I have nothing else to do which is rare), some days not at all. I have finished hunter, partisans, mercs of TDS.

VoA not done
    CoTF hunters not finished.
    HoT not even close.

So, while some say there is plenty of content only the 'hardcore' have raced through it.. even for a casual there isn't much there.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Allah be with you for the Savior of Sepulcher tasks. Really don't think there's been a worse set of mercenary/partisan/hero tasks in modern EQ.
    Crystilla and Fenudir like this.
  11. lancelove Augur

Then don't come back, but you should. Give plasma and spend the checks on eq instead of beer! :)
    Dramatime and SaderakhBertox like this.