Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm not much into being a lemming. I don't look good in fur. Or hats.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

3. Kiillz Augur

I d rather have a bag of PP then a hat. Jesus I havent had show helm on in i dont know how long. Hat would be VERY lame quite frankly but they thats just me.
    Fenudir likes this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I saw that Sheexy. And I certainly wouldn't have a problem with a "choose your own reward" type thing. But yeah, the only time I'm not a bellikos is when I'm freshly rezzed, or riding a mount. Or moving around in Cotf Neriak. I even already have the merc skin I want (bellikos from UF beta) so I don't really know what would actually be even remotely useful for me. But a hat ornament is a strikeout several times. No HF. No hat. No visible armor in illusion. Three strikes yer out!!
  5. Edrick Augur

If you insist on being illusioned 100% of the time, don't you think you shouldn't complain about the reward being hero's forge? You're making a conscious decision to not benefit from it, and that isn't SOE's fault.
    Bamkan and Yinla like this.
  6. Fenudir Augur

How about those of us who don't run around illusioned but also don't have hero's forge? What do you say to us?
  7. Edrick Augur

It sucks. Too bad you can't be given HF just for your head slot.
  8. Fenudir Augur

How about a reward that doesn't require HF? Don't you think it would have been smarter of the devs to give us something everyone could use?

Look at the gelatinous cube. I hate the darn thing. But everyone CAN use it even if they choose not to.

No reward is going to please everyone but everyone who participated should be able to have the choice whether or not to use it.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I choose to be illusioned all the time on my rogue, yes. However, I DO have other characters that would be more likely to get nearly any type of beta reward, since I have the illusion and the merc skin that I want already. So... since my rogue wouldn't use it, I have no right to complain that my alts can't use it either? That's rather insulting.
  10. Shmid Journeyman

I would have loved a clicky that would give you a half hour buff that makes you not kos to the dinosaurs in dinoland. Give it a twenty hour reuse. Kinda like to beable to put on my dino illusion and walk with my dino friends without getting attacked ... also to screw with people's heads.

Shmid
  11. Edrick Augur

You were focused on the illusion thing, you didn't mention alts until now. Sorry for insulting, I can't cover all bases.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

My main was a druid for 6 years - I haven't completely abandoned her quite yet. My rogue gets most of the cool toys of course, but I try not to neglect Clearbrooke.... too much. =P
  13. Riou EQResource

You'd also have to buy mercenary slots to stick in all the beta reward merc skins, otherwise previous ones are useless.

Illusions get boring after like a month, and previous ones become useless with new ones.

Who cares if it's heros forge? Buy it with your monthly SC.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. SpamFactory Augur

let's have a metamorph totem that summons a familiar wearing the hat ornament too. 30 min duration, 2 hour reuse.

perfect!
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You don't have to buy merc slots to have a merc. HF you have to buy to make it work. And I spend my monthly SC on other things. Why should I have to spend it to make a "reward" work? Even more so since it's a hat, which a lot of us have turned off anyway, and I haven't seen a HF *anything* that I actually liked. It's all ugly. Which is why I think spending even the monthly SC on it would be a waste of the SC. =\
  16. Saave Augur

"Why should I have to spend it to make a "reward" work?"

I totally agree.
  17. Saave Augur

How about this, Forget us doing ANY BETA testing.. and the SOE team can go figure it out yourself :^) After all, your developers should already be doing the ' testing '. It seems SOE saves some cash on payment to a ' team ' of testers.. why give it to us to test ?

Why put an item in Test server that is the Beta reward and not put it live?

This is how it has been in past Beta Testing Rewards.. don't like it.. there is no plan B / option B to chose from.

If you make a decision do it.. no pondering. It is making me believe there are a lot of folks there at SOE that have no concluding judgement calls? This shows unprofessionalism on a company that MAKES games.

After all, it does not take 2 months to ponder on what a Beta reward would be.
    Also!!, it does not take a month plus to discuss the issue with the exp nerfs.. HA timers.. and so on. Does it?

As a matter of fact.. I am worried about the future of SOE games.
  18. Fendy Augur

The real money is in getting players to pay to alpha test games.
  19. Fogbust Journeyman

^ This, happens everywhere now.
    "Early access" and fake F2P, fun times /yawn
  20. Gnar Augur

The hat was never seen on test server but the only way it would be remotely liked by myself was if it was a one of those larger pirate tricorn hats with some ornate design like gold trimmed, skull and crossbones, feathers etc. I like Heroforge, i like the the helm off of The Grandmaster in PoW because its unique and takes some work to get(I dont even have one yet, working on all the tedius quest now).
    A standard tricorn hat to me is like one of the holiday hats that drop so much no one bothers looting them anymore. Plus as an ogre i dont want a little tricorn hat that makes me look like Oliver Hardy. The only pride id take in that is destroying it because i cant feed my pet unwanted things anymore.

I know there could be 50/50 of the beta testers population for and against the hat. I wish they would give us an option of something else unique. I kinda was expecting an illusion due to the format the rewards have been released with the past few beta's.