Realm of Insanity raids on Twitch!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Kiillz Augur

personally I would like to see a specially produced video event in technicolor by Quarken on RoI event with captions. I seriously would enjoy that but thats just me.
    Obiziana likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

Big time backwards there. "stuff die soo quick" because they do all their abilities, all the time. Nothing innately special about their autoattack buttons, man. If you could do a little hacking, what you'd find is that ~none of them ~ever has dps disc or epic click or AA doohickey ever just sitting available; they're being used constantly and that's a big chunk of the whole RoI deal.
  3. Iila Augur

I think he meant the raids don't get to use abilities.

Qulas still doesn't believe that sep2 had a cocoon phase.
    Stubar and Bahdah like this.
  4. Bahdah Augur

that wasn't group content ? o.0
  5. Nniki Augur

As someone who watches Twitch streams every now and then, I definitely enjoy seeing some EverQuest raid content on the site. It's great to throw on in the background, listen to the voice chat banter, and watch during down time with whatever I'm doing.

Unfortunately, it's at the same time The Librarians is on, but I managed to watch and listen to some of it during commercials. :p

Nice to see Sotto in there answering questions on Twitch chat too.

Oh, and you should have kept streaming! Wanted to see some Xorbb action! heh
  6. Bigstomp Augur

There is still stuff to learn. But as I posted above, different guilds, the same strat doesn't 100% work but I do thank them for posting this.
  7. Savager Augur

I'll remember that for next time!
  8. Garanle Elder

I am curious which UI mod is the player taking the video using. I like the style?
  9. Savager Augur

It depends which video you were watching as a different player streamed it each week.
  10. Garanle Elder

Sottovoce
  11. Qulas Augur

Sottovoce uses savok's Vert UI
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Hembra New Member

13. Qulas Augur

Just a reminder for everyone we will be streaming raids again tomorrow, Sunday January 18th at 7:30 EST.

I will be our streamer for this evening!
    Obiziana likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

15. Coruth Augur

I wonder how much this streaming has impacted Guilds and Race behind ROI.

Just Look at the 5 Guild's that beat Event 5. Only Triton won before the first ROI Stream.

First Stream: Jan 4th

ROV beat event5 2 days after the first stream. This is after Spending a Month on Event 5 (Event 4: 12/8 5: 1/7, Keeping in Mind Xmas)

SOD beat event5 1 week after first stream. This is after Spending over a Over a Month on Event 5 (Event 4: 11/30 5: 1/11 again keeping in Mind Xmas)

MS beat Event 4 the day after the Stream (with almost a month from 3 to 4 keeping in mind Xmas). They beat Event 5 2 weeks after beating Event 4 (Event5 time was fast vs others Triton 3 weeks, ROV 4 (Inc Xmas) SOD 6 (Inc Xmas)

On the Other hand, rosters, recruitments, flags percentages, euro lag, and strats all might be totally different & it's just a Random Chance.

There is also evidence that Twitch Feeds made no Difference at all.

Since 1/4 in 17 days we have seen 19 First Kill Reportings.
    Because of Holidays if you compare that to Dec 1 to 17th: you will see 20 First Kill Reportings
    So the Pace of First Kills has not really changed since the Feeds happened.

It does make me wonder how many people watched, and tweaked things based on what they saw or if it the feeds mattered at all.
  16. Benzarden Augur

Just because there is a one month gap between beating Event 4 and Event 5 does not mean that a guild spent a month on Event 5. It takes time to accumulate the flags necessary to even attempt Event 5. I can only speak for RoV, but I believe we downed Event 5 on the 7th attempt. It's honestly not an overly complex fight. Can pick up on a lot of the mechanics in the group mission.
    Elricvonclief, Axxius and Iila like this.
  17. Pwnography Augur

Coruth - the idea that we spent a month on Event 5 is kind of funny to me. As Benz points out, flagging is the most difficult point of Event 5 and why a time gap exists. Some guilds are losing/gaining members and probably still unable to dive in and try it.

For us, we checked it out after clearing the rest of Arx on 1-4. Our first attempts had the event down around the 50-60% mark. Wednesday we finished if out. Seven attempts, two days, and probably less than four hours total learning time. The group mission helped the most. I personally believe Arx 4 to be rougher.

Event #5 isn't particularly difficult. Its a huge pain if you let some things slip that normally arent vitally important - if ramp gets loose or Arx Workers manage to get a caster killing spree because you didnt drop em quick enough. I'd probably say annoying is the most accurate term for this event
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  18. Coruth Augur

Shrug I did say the 2 might have nothing to do with each other, and even showed evidence why Twitch feed was irrelevent in terms of kill reporting.

But it's also not unreasonable to wonder if ROV (Just as a for example) didn't pick up some little tidbit like where to position the 2 bosses from watching the feed and then switched tactics to win.

As for the month, that's what you spent. Again, rankings have always been based on completion dates not learning time or # wipes. It's entirely possible ROV is #1 skilled guild and figured event out faster than ROI or #2 and faster than Triton or #5. No way to track # attempts, flags, roster turnover, so the default has always been Kill Date. That's what made Plane of War such a drama thread because guilds all chose to start it at different times.
  19. Insaneox Augur

Our big issue was 1. Holiday time (Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years and NFL Playoffs) 2. Flags, Flags, and Flags.

The events really had limited challenge and 5 was pretty easy once got enough to attempt it.
  20. Pwnography Augur

I get what you're saying Coruth. I think that you'll find as more guilds get to that point, the general consensus will be that the fight isn't exactly the most difficult one in the expansion. The implementation of the group mission gives a lot of members a feel of the layout and mechanics as well. I think that, if anything, the introduction of the twitch feed would be more beneficial for Event #4 - the learning curve on that one is much more significant when trying to decipher the Dev write-up and turn it into a viable, working methodology.