Test Update 01/14/2015

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Jan 13, 2015.

1. guado Augur

I think the same guy who didn't put any TDS materials (for cultural) in Crafthalls decided what the beta reward would be :confused:
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Zantor Augur

I do Combine Dredge and Arx HA's all the time, I have earned around 25k coins doing them, never seen 1 briny or global rare drop in them.
  3. Sancus Augur

They're called rare drops for a reason. :p

Maybe Roshen is incorrect, but my guess is you're having bad luck with the RNG.
  4. Fnyanea Augur

I have seen the cotf rare (h2h weapon) drop in a DH HA (a few days after they patched them back in), and I have seen the TDS rare (INT caster shield) drop in the dino isle HA.
  5. Silv Augur

"Giant Reptile Tooth" (new item required for Thaell Ew ornaments from Thuliasaur) is missing a 'tradeskill' tag. Kindof a minor issue but I wouldn't mind being able to bag it with my other tradeskill items. I just have OCD with my item organization :D
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Fenudir Augur

I couldn't have said it better myself.
  7. SpamFactory Augur

this is pretty exciting. I'd love to see more classic through velious era models brought back, especially the classic skeleton as an illusion. maybe a new version of the amulet of necropotence from the next annviersary content or something.
  8. svann Augur

Will the update fix the frequent crashing while zoning?
  9. Brudal Augur

Still waiting of a fix for Captain Tita's Soul one off raid of A Phasmia Vitali reflecting Berserker dying blow and making the corpse unrezable or dragable until releasing to bind.

10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thought the patch note includes it, that is still the initial "live" patch note. Rewards won't be processed until the live patch.
    On a second note, it is being pulled from this patch for some evaluation. I have no details for you on that evaluation at this time.

Which specific issue are you speaking about wiht the Combine Dredge HA rare?
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I will forward these on.
    Silv likes this.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

Please for the good of the game make Beta rewards from here on out at least a 3 option choice, claim one and your done or just grant all 3:

1) Illusion tied to expansion for that crowd.
    2) Merc skin tied to the expansion for that crowd.
    3) Hero's Forge item for that crowd.
    WISHLIST
    4) Way to claim prior Beta rewards as your choice.
    beryon and Savager like this.
  13. Cerris Augur

My comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek; this patch fixed the issue where this named or its placeholder would spawn as soon as the HA instance was spun up. I had assumed that it had been fixed ages ago so I was mock-complaining about not taking advantage of it while it was still broken.

So there are no issues other than that I actually could use the range item from him on a character that I just flagged for all of T3 and I'm actually going to have to, horror of horrors, work for it a little bit.
  14. beyrak Augur

[IMG]

Does this possibly mean a new progression server is in the planning?
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  15. Dzarn Developer

[IMG]

There were new racial defines put in place for several NPC models that have been iterated upon over the years. This includes wolves, skeletons, Chokidai, tigers, elementals, animated armors, golems, Aneuks and chests.

In the cases of Aneuks and animated armor they were put in so that some graphical issues could be fixed. The animated armors in zones prior to House of Thule will now display their intended Planes of Power appearance (also fixes the issue where they were floating above the ground in zones like Plane of Air.)

In the cases of things like skeletons, wolves and Chokidai they are part of a plan (with no ETA at this time) to allow the player to choose which version of the model they want to have displayed as well as allow designers to use a particular version of the model where appropriate. We may choose to use the pre-Luclin skeletons or wolves for hardcore heritage events in the same way we used the pre-DoDH orc model during the Crushbone hardcore heritage event.

I'll also take this opportunity to let you guys know to be on the lookout for 'dougs' (default human males) that may be popping up in places where some models were not properly included in zone_chr.txt files. I've gotten a few reports that a handful of creatures got missed with this first patch that we're working on fixing.

If anyone has any more questions specifically about the model changes that went in with this patch I will be happy to field them, thanks.
    Obiziana, Nniki, beryon and 4 others like this.
  16. Edrick Augur

I jumped on Woot, the M is obviously erroneously flipped upside down.
  17. Silv Augur

Does the dev team have that poster hanging up in the office and throw darts at it to resolve all the EQ conspiracy theories? :D

Very happy to hear about the plans with old models though... hopefully we get access to some of those as new illusion items (/cough quests, raid drops, even marketplace, and not LON!).
  18. SpamFactory Augur

I'd personally prefer it if all 3 versions can coexist. Firstly so I would know that what I look like on my screen is the same thing that others see me as on their screen, and secondly because I like the blood red LDON skeleton but prefer the classic model for all other skeleton variants.
  19. Inagaki Elder

Just went and cleared my bank of No Drop items that I don't really need, knowing that every No Drop item will clog up the "recovery list" after this patch. I am seriously considering using lower level Energeian Orbs so that the No Trade Pure Orbs won't start clogging up the list in no time. If they value the SC they are earning from Item Recovery Tokens, they should seriously consider your idea of adding a NPC garbage item collector.
  20. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Just stick em in the bank til you have a lot, then go to Katta and sell them to the vendor. It's what I do. If you've unlocked the sources via the solteris raids, you can even get your 11th orb free.