Shainai's Nightie Has Vanished!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cazmac, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Cazmac Augur

OK, so this is not a big, world-shattering issue but my paladin on the Test server, Pacifia, did this quest so as to have a robe she could wear while acting as my trader. I thought it looked friendlier than plate armour. However, on logging back to her after an Offline session of trading, I noticed that she had nothing on her top half; the Nightie had gone! This was at least a couple of weeks ago as I've been suffering from a cold that really floored me so that I didn't even feel like playing my EQ! Is there a way to get this back and why did it disappear anyway?
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

You say that like it's such a bad thing? LOL
    But if you feel she's been bad, you can send her over to the Rat-Cave for a good spanking.
    -Rat
    (seriously - try logging her out and back in then look her over again - or take the robe on and off once.)
  3. Fendy Augur

Running around without a top on is a good way to catch cold. Especially this time of year. Now post screenshots!
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. Brudal Augur

5. Cazmac Augur

Do you think I did not try that? I could not don and doff the robe because it was not there.
  6. Cazmac Augur

7. Ratbo Peep Augur

You mean like it vanished from inventory entirely? I thought it just became "invis".
    If an item actually vanishes - it's time to /petition said item.
    -R
  8. Cazmac Augur

I tried to petition but the page refused to open, twice. I have since done the Shainai's Nightie quest again, on the same character, who was set up as my trader and is wearing the Nightie, as of yesterday.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Perhaps this time she'll keep her clothes on!
    -R
    Cazmac likes this.
  10. Cazmac Augur

The Nightie for my Paladin is black, with a raised front hemline, whereas my Monk on FV has a nicer, textured, white robe. I suppose this difference is between plate wearers and leather wearers.
  11. Brudal Augur

Are the Paladin and Monk the same race?
  12. Kranisi New Member

I've recently found this issue as well, but it's not a out of place bug... Some races do not have the robe model. I've got the Nightie on my Vah Shir and it doesn't show up. I believe some other races are missing this model as well... Generally if the race is unable to become a magic using class they will not have the model. Though, what you could do instead is use the Hero's Forge cloth robe item. That will show up on any race as it's model is unique and it looks much nicer in my opinion than the base model for a robe!
  13. Cazmac Augur

Paladin is High Elf; Monk is Human. I have not bought Hero's Forge for the Monk; I have 20 alts on three servers and they all have HF except for this last one. Enough is enough, when it comes to spending - what was it? - 1300SC each!
  14. Cazmac Augur

You can only use HF robes when the base armour allows it; plate wearers cannot wear robes, whatever their race - yet....
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Do you notice increased sales with the nightie on? :)
    Cazmac likes this.
  16. Cazmac Augur

Not done any surveys so far! :D