Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Naugrin Augur

That's just awful guys.
    Arcaine likes this.
  2. guado Augur

I haven't test copied to see it yet. Is it that bad? If it's an ornament of all things, and if it is a "Thank you for beta testing TDS" then I'm assuming it's going to be an amazing ornament. Tricorn or what is it called? Maybe it's transformable. Who knows?
  3. Naugrin Augur

I dont think you can see it until it goes live....

However, I dont think there is a graphic out there that can make a HF hat ornament a decent beta reward lol.
  4. Feradach Augur

Unless it's a triceratops head. Game immersion be damned...I want to be a dinosaur!
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

It's not really different then more merc skins, or more illusions, that you will use for awhile then go back to your old favorites

Only thing needed now is the rest of the Pirate suit, Player Studio Robe makers, wtb!
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I kinda like the hats. I'll probably actually use it rather than yet another ugly illusion or merc skin or something like we usually get.
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

Yankee Doodle Hats!
  8. Stickietoes Augur

Tricorn hat looks something like

[IMG]

We can still hope for a dinosaur :)

will be interesting to see what it looks like on a frog, as every hat on a frog looks hilarious.
    Saave likes this.
  9. Perplexed Augur

Too bad those of us who don't do HF and have no interest in "looks" appear to be left out of beta reward.
    Fenudir likes this.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

Horrible, this better come with an illusion clicky.

Its simple make the beta reward 3 choices. If you qualify for the reward you get the option of an expansion illusion if thats your thing or you get the option of an expansion merc skin if thats your thing or you get the option of something else like expansion theme Heros Forge item if thats your thing.

Please stop cramming crap rewards down everyones throat, I hate merc skins and hate Hero's forge but some like it so at least give us the option to pick which one we like. Rather then appeasing 1/3 and angering 2/3's with the roulette wheel reward this has become after pretty much always being an illusion. Or give us the option to choose past beta rewards, so I can pick something I like that I missed rather then having another skin or hat I will never claim.
    Fenudir and Savager like this.
  11. Applefluff New Member

Dang, I've had my hat hidden since they gave us the option.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

While I agree this one seems especially bad given HF being an optional and not always used, paid "feature", pretty much every beta reward that isnt a illusion clicky seems to invoke a similar complaint each time they're announced. (and even some of those do...Hail, Jello cube illusion)

Hopefully it's at least a dinosaur!
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Better than a merc skin, better than that stupid cube illusion. Just need the rest of the pirate suit and somewhere to store the stuff!

Pirate!
  14. Saave Augur

What is the reward:"^)?
  15. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

The "reward" is a tricorn hat ornamentation.
  16. Gnar Augur

Usually the beta reward mirrors something about the expansion it was from, if the tricorn hat is what Stickietoes pointed out it has nothing similiar in TDS?, thats a horrible beta reward, the goofy holiday themed hats would outlive the usage of that ornament. I had high hopes for this beta reward, what a let down. Maybe give us an option window to claim a past beta reward would be better. Hell give us a triceritops mount !

My guess someone got lazy and just gave us something that was intended for a prior 4th of July gimick.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

The hat seems to fit the theme of the darkened sea fairly well. Get a few people together in their tricorn hats and you could have a ship to ship battle even!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Gnar Augur

Ya didnt think about pirate hats, but still a complete let down.
  19. Xikteny Augur

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I liked the gelatinous cube illusion.

Srsly why would anyone not like it?
    Kucaniz likes this.
  20. Gnar Augur

Cube is awsome, great to use in Grounds.