Berserker Mitigation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenudir, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Fenudir Augur

So... just out of curiosity, any chance something is happening on this front? :)
    Behelit likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

Check back in 10 months.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Ahem!
    Rangers first - we have the taunt button; and were traditionally "pinch tanks" of a sort.
    -R
  4. Zerkr New Member

Plz address this issue! It is frightening how much better my BST tanks than my BER. Both max defensive AA and T1 Cotf raid geared. I would think berserker's wearing chain and having better AC should do as well as a leather class.
  5. Hatsee Augur

Beastlords have fur, extra protection.
  6. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Its the block on the Beastlord not the mitigation that is making him take damage better. they are on the same returns as Berserkers.

Wanted to Edit this in: Unless your saying your Beastlord is taking less High DI's and More Lower DI then your berserker if this is the case no clue whats up since you both share same returns on AC. (they do have a fast reuse defensive disc that could expain some of it)
  7. Schadenfreude Augur

Looking at this doesn't seem to be a priority. If you're a chain class Monks, Beastlords, Enchanters and Necros will tank better than you.
  8. Xicon Journeyman

I think Berserkers should tank up close to Knights since they are a warrior that went the Damage Giving route. I say this with a Beasty main and a Zerker alt.
  9. Zerkr New Member

Thx for the insight Ronthorn. I have not looked into the actual mechanics of why the beast does better, I am just going based on what a unslowed mob does to each class with a max healing J5 merc on reactive. You are probably right though I forgot about block.

On a side note can we make it so the merc stops casting itself OOM because I hit open wound... Really wish Sony could make mercs ignore that somehow. Or get rid of me having to be damaged to use abilities all together :)
  10. Maedhros High King

I have pretty above average twinks of a ranger and berzerker that have soaked up alot of rotting COTF T1 raid gear.
    Completely unnecessary. Rangers are probably one of the most OP classes in the game right now.
    I moloed Savior of Katta and Brother island as well as TT partisan and working on caverns now on my ranger alt...

On the otherhand, berzerkers basically explode if a mob so much as breaths on them.
    I think that was probably a joke, but they certainly do need a bump in the mitigation department.
  11. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Just trying to Help, I am not sure what they can do for zerkers on the avoidance side maybe some kind of innate proc that fires a recourse (auto parry) like rangers have.
  12. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Rangers have higher softcaps and returns then Berserkers, but this is not (the main reason) whats making them tank better its the shielding thunder recourse off of our proc buff thats doing it so pure avoidance.

it takes a lot of a mitigation bump to show a change so, it would probable be better for avoidance. If its done innately though lots of classes will cry.

and Rangers are far from OP i have a Beast alt a Rogue alt a Wizard alt and a Mage alt, a SK alt and all of those get groups easier and perform as well or better then my Main, but lets stay on Topic for the post please
  13. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

Block is a superior skill over parrying. It has been since day 1. As far as rangers go, I hope with raid gear that you can molo the low lvl content in t1 and t2. For reference, I would trade up parry for block any day.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  14. SaderakhBertox Augur

As a monk, who raids with berserkers, I'd much rather they had some activated spell block / shielding / absorption whatever you wanna call it over mitigation. I couldn't get behind any sort of mitigation boost without some seriously involved passive mitigation parses that actually showed me something. After all, when you become enraged and go berserk, you ignore any sort of safety concerns and just go on a murderous rampage, right? That leaves room for some preparation before battle though.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Cept zerkers aren't really meant to be tanks so I disagree. You want to tank like a knight reduce your dps to a knights :)
  16. Fenudir Augur

Absolutely not. Zerkers are glass cannons and they should be. I don't think that there is a serious zerker out there who would trade dps for the ability to take. The game doesn't need another mork or ranger type class in any case.

I genuinely don't think that zerkers should get more avoidance. It wouldn't work with the lore anyway. Zerkers, pretty much by definition, are offensive in nature. A zerker wouldn't try to avoid getting hurt, they'd look for the hit! It's what drives them into a frenzy. But that desire to get in there, feel the pain,and burn through it is exactly why their mitigation should be improved. The pain (and, in game terms, part of the damage) wouldn't affect them nearly as much as it would others.

This is another one of those things that I think would be a bad idea long term. The defensives would not doubt be on the same timer as our offensive discs forcing us to be one or the other. Again, I'm not looking for us to be another light tank like rangers or monks. I'm just looking for us to quit taking D20 hits so damn often.
  17. Behelit Augur

From what we've heard from Devs its mitigation or nothing for Zerkers, since avoidance is too complicated for a raging axe murderer.

Aside from superior avoidance through spells, Rangers also have better mitigation spells than Zerkers. Ro's Burning Cloak says hi.

Even assuming the Devs gave identical mitigation to both Knights + Zerkers, we'd still be miles behind them in terms of utility/aggro/self-healing. How many different things do we need to sacrifice for DPS?
  18. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Not counting the Debuff part of it for mobs attack its just 15 percent mitigation Vie is 10 so its 5 percent better then that. I am not arguing that you should not get something, i am just saying it would take far more then mitigation boost unless they really really boosted you to prevent your death. If devs gave you Ranger softcap and return levels do you think that would stop your deaths? no you still need everything rangers have like our shielding thunder recourse proc and Ro's Burning Cloak and a new set of heroic gear with higher Heroic Dex and Heroic Agi (you know those heroic choices have some to do with it) .

Guess what though you still die just like most melee and melee hybrids a ranger or monk may live half a round longer but we still die.
  19. Behelit Augur

Firstly, Vie isnt a self buff we have to pop a merc for it which isnt always available (i've been in plenty of full grps where the main healer is a shaman or druid). Secondly, Vie is a 10% with a ~47k cap which means its popped much faster than Ro's, making it even worse in comparison. Idk about you but our Clerics aren't casting grp vie on raids for the melee grps, especially not mid event. Whereas Ro's can be re-up'd at your own discretion/need in any situation.

Even living half a round longer can give you enough time to hit fade or a melee invul disc. I'd prefer as much time as possible before I go splat, which atm is instantly.
  20. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

You just like to start fights and put words in people Mouth, Heck i was trying to help you. Mitigation along will not help you for what you want. Your choice of heroics also has some to do with it. Its all these little things Rangers have plus our higher softcaps and returns that make us take damage better (noticed i did not just say Mitigate better).I am done with this thread will still read it but my post have made others pull it off topic, i really did not intend that if you need something i hope you get it but its not just mitigation that will fix it even warrior levels you still die (its all the other little things).