What is in the pipeline to bring folks back and gold alts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

The holidays are over, results from the survey should be in. What's the game plan to gain back subs and increase marginal revenue?

While just after the expansion, the amount of developer feed back was unprecedented, current activity has seemed to dry up. Where is our current sense heading of where the game is going and if any feedback on numerous class issues that haven't been addressed?

Thanks,
    Ruven
    Metanis and Lisandra like this.
  2. Aghinem Augur

I don't foresee any SOE rep conveying to the players of how bad the survey may have been; and unfortunately what you are asking is not going to be answered here on the forums. You will get feedback from other players on what SoE should do, but not anything directly from SoE on what they will do.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

To start - Perfected Aug distillers outta be available via Station Cash -not just loyalty.
    A new ex-pac means a lot of gear swaps. Meaning a lot of chances to sell those distillers for the Type 3 augs and purity etc.
    -R
    silku likes this.
  4. Dibab Augur

[IMG]
    do you not look at the SC store? they have been there for quite some time
    silku likes this.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

I was there yesterday and did a search on "perfected" - odd??
    -R

Edit: Just tried it again - came right up.
    OK - I stand corrected. :)
  6. Dibab Augur

months at least they have been there.
  7. Iila Augur

I would love to see the postmortems on CotF and TDS. Cause they acknowledged mistakes were made in CotF, but TDS shows that whatever they thought were mistakes were very different from what we thought were mistakes.

[IMG]

-R
  8. Voth Elder

1. Another experience nerf.
    2. Lower drop rate of spell runes in TDS.
    3. Removal of Out of Combat regeneration.
    4. Meditation requires opening your spell book.
    5. TDS raids will drop one less piece of loot per win.
    6. One new One-Off raid: Return of the Revenge of the Zek Brothers.
    Metanis, guado, Ratbo Peep and 5 others like this.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

I've only seen publishers of games with expansions share game plans under one circumstance:
    Since I don't believe EQ has had a unprecedented and catastrophic fall off in subscriptions I'm not expecting to read a post entitled "We Heard You and We're Changing Everything".

That being the case I'd expect some minor changes in direction and a few features or events to be made public just in time to stir up a little interest. IF they had a Sizzling Summer set of events planned for July and August they wouldn't spoil the surprise by speaking about it in January.

With regard to class issues - a fair number of players didn't get the memo or pretend they didn't get it. SOE is working on classes all of the time. There is no (afaik) achieve perfect class balance by July 1st. program starting by revising ADPS in May. pet aggro in June, etc. It's a work in process subject to shifting priorities.

Finally OP misunderstands the poll. It's information gathering and not voting per se. IF players express interest in looooong quests like the BIC, then we may see a loooong quest like the BIC. Or we may not. SOE is committed to producing expansions and those expansions include a package of new features and responses to player requests as budget, a nice expansion package overall, and SOE preferences determine.

EQ is not a crowd source designed product. If SOE isn't about to do X, the fact that 78% of the players want X is nice to know but not outcome mandating. In part for that reason I'd not expect to see the results of that poll published.

In short a thread that suggests "SOE polled us, what's the plan Stan?" (if that's what this thread is about) misunderstands things just a wee bit.
  10. Edrick Augur

I agree. This is what I thought the Sense Heading forum was for, but lately it seems it's just a place to put announcements. It would be very interesting to read what SOE's response is with a "Here is what we learned" response to all the TDS surveys.

-R
  11. Fenudir Augur

I suggested a expansion completion package that people could buy that would complete all achievements for a given expansion (though only sold for expansions older than the last two so no pay-to-win). I'd seriously consider turning my F2P accounts gold if it meant I could get toons more caught up.
  12. Voth Elder

...but in all seriousness...
    1. Go back over the group game with a fine tooth comb. Make quests enjoyable (fun) and worthwhile (loot, experience) to do. This would probably require a complete overhaul and introduction of many more quests and missions per zone. The last time I played I was starting Caverns of Endless Song. This was in November. I simply don't care anymore -- it isn't fun.
    2. Think very carefully about what you're doing with the raid game and adjust properly. It is really pitiful that you have been following the model you have for so long. My guild basically stopped caring about progression midway into Call of the Forsaken. I think we have seriously attempted Tower of Rot once, maybe twice. Why? We. Don't. Care. About. Bad. Events. I do tip my hat to those who still enjoy raiding and can field 54 players at a time. But to the developers of these events: you have lost your freaking minds.
    Several weeks ago, a real life friend asked me about online gaming, saying he was interested in getting into MMOs. He asked if EverQuest was any good and I flatly told him NO. I can't even fathom how atrocious it is for a complete newbie to pick this game up and try to get into it. Actually, someone already did a recent review here .
  13. silku Augur

1. Stop the nerfs for a while. Give some love to those classes that desperately need it. Show people that's it not always about beating up the player. Lately it seems like if you're having fun you're gonna lose it.
    2. Encourage grouping even more. Small things like making campfires placeable by 2 people. Adding a guest slot to campfires. Guest ring goes away when you log etc. Stop making it to where people would have to buy a $90 expansion to get a port to the 'central' hub to the zones. An easy encouragement? Make the degmar relocation device work from any zone.
    3. Examine and revamp the Pieces of 8 being given by the missions. Who wants to run the mission in TT? 19 pieces of 8? When it takes nearly 4k to get a piece of t3 gear? yeah, something is amiss there.
    4. Did I mention stop nerfing everything?
    5. Gives bards some love. They need it.
    Sancus and Borek-VS like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Wow, there's some crying here.

I have been experiencing the group game in TDS, and it's actually pretty good. Lots of quests (yes, the hail, hail, hail, hail some more is dumb) - lots of missions. Lots of well designed zones and group missions.

The only place I really think they dropped the ball this expansion is 5/7 raids.
  15. Edrick Augur

I will respect anyone's opinion on the quality of the expansion, however I think you are incorrectly using the word "lots" here.

There is not a lot of anything in The Darkened Sea.
    silku and Fenudir like this.
  16. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Sure there is. Lots of hailing, lots of grinding for group currency, and lots of flagging to get yourself into new zones. Also, lots of backflagging, because friends and guildies don't go through progression at the same pace you do.
    Iila likes this.
  17. CHLuke New Member

Clearly the amount of time and resources being spent on the new loot feature will help bring back people and increase subs!
  18. Fogbust Journeyman

Ya know this is SoE, right?
    Do a search on the net, and you know exactly what you have to expect.
    P.S. some fanboys still amaze me
  19. guado Augur

I don't think the loot feature would be worth it at this point. They made it seem like it was "almost done" during SoE Live. :eek:
  20. Goth Augur

I dont think new loot feature worth much value. IMO still going to have same old storage problems.

It would have been better if simply increase stacking of everything. none TS stuff bump to 100.. TS stuff bump to 1000.
    guado likes this.