Realm of Insanity raids on Twitch!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Axxius Augur

What.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

Oh I know... Everquest hosted by the voice of Gamtexttriggers! Live NOW! :D
    Riou likes this.
  3. SaderakhBertox Augur

One guy did a couple interesting ones, like his druid solo killing 500+ mobs / hour, or powerleveling multiple free accounts and then giving them away to viewers. You need a niche though like this guy found, raids, less common game-play, or just giving stuff away. I guess the best part about Everquest on twitch is tabbed browsing and the mute button :)
  4. Raynrace Augur

Watched a little of each raid. Was good to see we almost mirror the strats you do without even knowing.

Arx1 off raid 1 was the only one with a noticeable difference.

We are in the last part of learning arx5 and even positions etc are very similar.

Well done on the videos. Smack Drusis around for me...
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If this isn't proof sks are the most useless raid class, I don't know what is. How many rangers were in the raid? Assuming you had more than one of all of the other classes. Would be neat to see your class/group breakdowns and or who was in the waiting area for subs.

Thanks for sharing this. Also someone needs to do a /who vah...bet there's a bunch in there!
  6. Wando New Member

Far from that, the problem with SKs is its hard to find a good one and when you do they are overpowered.
  7. Goth Augur

so can you only watch these live or do you save the videos to watch outside of the raid time?
  8. Hembra New Member

9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Any good player contributes on *any* class, goes without saying.

The point is there's a reason why RoI is rolling with 5 pal and 1 sk, and it has nothing to do with sks being "overpowered" in the raid game. Some roles are desired/stack well, some do not. Try again.

Would be curious to see per event how their raid class distribution changes, too, as certain events favor/require certain classes. Assuming there will be a bare minimum # of SKs, Rangers, Enchanters, Druids and a couple others.
  10. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

I "believe" we also havent had many SKs app at all... but my main post:

I said this in /gu ! The only thing more dorky then playing computer games, is watching someone play computer games.
    Silv and Sheex like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The recent South Park episodes on this topic really were great. Everyone loves Cartmanbrah.

I apply to any guild that Quarken is in on principle, but he usually says talk to the hand and I :( irl.
  12. Hatsee Augur

SK's kind of suck but it's more a question of what else should they be doing. Paladins have a good alternate role, warriors are the hands down best tanks, sk's are... Well their epic is neat.

Anyhow we have 4 rangers, sometimes all in the raid at the same time. Yep it's not ideal, but we really don't min max the roster like people probably think we do. We have tried it before but it's a pain and not really worth the effort because next expansion things may change again. The bench is usually small, no one likes to sit while others raid.
  13. Iila Augur

If you look at our roster, we only have 2 of a few classes. So we don't really have replacements for when a player doesn't show up for whatever reason. On the SK example, we don't want 3 SKs, but not having Toxn show up really sucks. While paladins can always act as a healer and splash if they're not needed for getting hit in the face.

They can also replace a druid or shm as a dps group healer if we're short one of those. SKs have nothing close to that kind of versatility in having a role outside of tank groups.

SKs are a bad class with some exceptional players.
    Paladins are an exceptional class.
    Xeladom, Axxius and Sheex like this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That's what was curious about, yeah.

Most of us in the middling raid area tend to have some glaring imbalances in our rosters that we just learn to deal with - ie, way too many hybrids, not enough support, too many dps/not enough healers/curers, etc. my guild for example usually has an entire group of sks, usually 3-4 of us and a couple healers. For fights without adds/kiting we're basically just a derp dps group that's better at keeping itself alive than others. But on simpler events we're probably not even doing the dps combined that one decent rogue does.

In my head I figured you guys wouldn't even allow something like 4 rangers in a raid together unless it was a range heavy fight or something. And there's really very few raids that would ever require more than 1 or 2 sks.
  15. Coruth Augur

It's a cheap shot attempt to accuse you guys of healing between floors. Gotta love TDS so many bugs and so many potential drama arguments because of them.

I suspect the difference between ROI and 2-10th place isn't the Top 2 Warriors in ROI vs Top Warriors in other guilds. Its 3rd/4th/5th warriors. Same thing with most classes.

The difference between the 2-10th guilds, and middling raid arena is usually in having a basic raid force and ADPS & Group Design that knows what classes synergy with which. I've raided with some middle guilds watched melee groups thrown together, 2 beast in group, another with none. So on and so on.
  16. Denyu Lorekeeper

Tl:dr SKs need boosts please.
  17. Behelit Augur

right after Zerkers, get in line
  18. Leighton_Orestes Elder

I'm down for some boosts.
  19. Edrick Augur

Unless if they're Iksar, 'cuz Iksar.
    Elricvonclief, Silentchaos and Silv like this.
  20. Silentchaos Augur