TDS Raid Event 3: Principal Vicarum Nomia - Progression!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mykaylla, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Battleaxe Augur

It is amusing how we went from OP's demands, an ultimatum, and an explicit deadline because "...the record might not be accurate."...

...to what certainly appears to be less urgency that the record accurately reflects the progress guilds have made.

I know, "EGL is dedicated to accurately reporting on the progress made by guilds on the Raid Progression List. Therefore it has adopted a policy of "measure twice and cut once" when posting reported achievements." (No thanks necessary for composing your new story).

Who could possibly think expediting or foot dragging on the posting of achievements depending on the guilds involved could be used as a tool to affect the perception of guild progress?? No one.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  2. Betenoire Elder

I don't know why it matters anymore, they took their ball and went home. Someone should either start a new one or honestly forget about it. Guess if you are getting loot from the events you won, because without SOE stepping in or an idea everyone can agree on, this is pointless, they aren't updating it.
  3. Axxius Augur

2 weeks since the last TDS update.

[IMG]
    Kiillz, Battleaxe and Iila like this.
  4. Fogbust Journeyman

Nothing to do with the plane of war bashing of course.
    I wouldn't update jack shi_t for you anymore either.
  5. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

6. Stell_CT Elder

Silent Redemption beat Arx3 on 12/9

Freelance has not beaten Arx2+ yet, They did beat Arx1 the week before we did.
  7. Kiillz Augur

duly noted and appreciate your input.
  8. Kiillz Augur

9. Maeryn Augur

Yes, Maedhros makes prompt front page updates. All the guilds and kills listed in that post are wins I know about that aren't on EGL.

http://www.fafguild.com/

If someone knows the dates for Raging Fury Arx2 and 3 can add 2 more.
  10. Coruth Augur

Happy Holidays!

This thread is the present that keeps on giving! Agendas galore to unwrap!
  11. Kiillz Augur

Yes Coruth you witty rascal you!!! Especially the agenda the OP had when dishing out ultimatums for logs to gather intel oops sorry for "accurate" guild wins .....and then not posting a single damn update since..... go figure!! oh btw happy unwrapping my friend and Merry Christmas.
  12. Maeryn Augur

http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=SoDTheme

Agendas, that evil Deillusional.

According to the leader of SoD didn't "legitimately" beat SoD before UF: Pandemonium, Five Rings, Darkstar Alliance, Talisman, Dark Bane, Fates Unbroken, Inverse Logic, Forged in Fire, Ethereal Kindred, Lunacy Unbound, Mystical Lightfighters, Altruistic Valorians

Sol Invictus got "legit" before official UF release but depending on your parameters could be included in the above list.

Altruistic Valorians, Lunacy Unbound and Five Rings got "legit" after the official UF release.

The red flag on Lavanet/EGL has clearly held Inverse Logic back and they might start making solid progress as a guild once they manage to beat Zek Brothers.

Or instead of calling it an agenda you can call it information, Deillusional chose to have a clear visual marker to highlight which guilds used group content to bypass the hardest raid.

Then 5.5 years later Deillusional makes a front page update: The hardest raid in the expansion was prenerf Tower of Rot (lag). Which we also beat before the lag was fixed. The only other hard raid in the expansion was Burn out, quite and apt name, but it wasn't due to the difficultly of the raid, was due to the difficulty to get people to login due to SoE forgetting to pay their domain name registrar.

That's 21 days after Zek Brothers was nerfed and 21 days before SoD beats Zek Brothers. The circle of EverQuest progression completes itself.
  13. Fooba Augur

If powar had not been nerfed, it would have easily been another 3-4 months before anyone else beat it.
  14. guado Augur

The only reason people went back TO plane of war was because it was tuned down. So yeah, you're correct in saying that every other guild has an accurate grasp of risk vs reward.
  15. Maedhros High King

We got Praetor Vitio down Sunday Dec 21st. I didnt post on our front page because its non-prog and I'm embarrassed because we should have won 3 weeks ago :p
    Riou likes this.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

GoD was never completely adjusted down to reasonable doability. The result was no one beating it before the next expansion was released. (I wouldn't count "hothouse" guilds that benefitted from events being years old with strategies well known when they encountered them).

While I certainly wouldn't question wins that occurred pre-adjustment or pre-bug fix. Neither would I put down guilds when they beat events that were properly tuned and as they should have been in the first place.

Most intelligent people applaud events that are tuned so EQ's audience can reasonably progress (neither all 85 raid guilds winning before the next expansion nor only 0-10 guilds winning). However, in every raid guild I've been in there are those that want to win and ideally everyone else lose as badly as possible regardless of the harm that would do to the game.

Adjustments = fixed and not the loaded term "nerfed" used by those who would diminish the accomplishments of others.
  17. Kiillz Augur

since we are discussing expansions oh idk how many years old can we re open the case of Cold Fury now beating the emperor by warping it to the zone in and killing 3 other guilds while he was still a contested mob?
  18. Battleaxe Augur

Nod.

After that how about Furor and Tigole parlaying their EQ uberness into jobs with Blizzard rather than sitting in mom's basement proclaiming #1 in a game with 100K subscribers. I'm happy the guild I'm in is currently #2 in the raid progression, but I didn't have to buy a bigger hat when that happened.
    Kiillz likes this.
  19. Maeryn Augur

Sure.

http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/guildinfo.php?id=123
    http://www.quellious-collective.com/quellious/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8012

If you can clear up which of these guilds were actually on Cold Fury's server in 2005 (Vishimtar) that would be helpful, if you can point out which 3 guilds they wiped or if the guilds they wiped weren't even raiding 3 years later that would be even more helpful.

17 Final Assault Povar 2005-06-23
    24 Triton Povar 2005-07-23
    25 Leviathan Povar 2005-07-27
    53 Echoes In Eternity / Dol Amroth Povar 2005-10-13

54 Cold Fury Povar 2005-10-17
    67 Vis Maior Povar 2005-11-30
    78 Conviction Povar 2006-01-11
    79 Blades of Law Povar 2006-01-12

80 Firestormers Povar 2006-01-16
    109 Final Empire Povar 2006-05-11
    111 Forces of Destruction Povar 2006-05-18
    144 Darkova Povar 2006-10-15

156 Underguild Povar 2007-01-12
    161 Vinceremo Povar 2007-01-25
    178 Union of Power Povar 2007-09-04
    187 Sanity's Edge Povar 2007-11-26

At first glance I'd guess Cold Fury wasn't adversely affected by the Emperor kill and their eventual downfall 4 or so years later was entirely unrelated.
  20. Kiillz Augur

neither is your discussion of SoD beating UF. but thats just me. I was there. I could care less. Sense the sarcasm. Oh? just for your information? It was Wraith Lotus Cult and Vis Maior. Hell been long time Eternal Honor Legion mighta been there too.