Update Bugs 12/11/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Xeonje New Member

Both the wildflash(which does no dmg) and the random nuke it procs(the damage part) using ITC counters just doesn't seem right, If Wildflash Barrage had for example a 20k nuke attached to it, it would make sence coz you'll get 6 hits from 3 counters, right now we are being cheated out of 2 hits or out of ITC counters either way you look at it.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Xeonje New Member

Thankyou Ngreth, I replied just as you posted hopefully it'll show a little clearer what I am trying to get at hehe.

Weave and Fuse additional rare nuke shouldn't be using a ITC counter on its own merit as its such a rare thing to happen anyway and that additional nuke is a major part of what is nice about the weave/fuse line of ethereal... it shouldn't penalize us since it doesn't actually twincast.. If we twinned Weave or Fuse and got the additional nuke also AND that twinned..Technically 3 counters will be consumed and we will hit 6 times. In the realm of burst damage all i can say is lolz!!! With it being a 36 second recast and our largest mana cost nuke of all(damn near 6k mana), just seems like the good it had is taken away. Wizards have too many nukes they don't use b/c they just don't do enough damage, I would hate to see Weave/Fuse join those ranks.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I do understand what you are saying, I am just not sure how "feasible" the change is. There may be good reason that the initial spell that casts the other spells has the mana cost it does. Making it NOT trigger twincast, if the mana is required, may not be doable in the spell system. If that mana is not required or can be moved to the other spells, then it is easy for it to not "match" twincast and thus not use a trigger.

Not that I don't see the possibility of issues now, but it could exacerbate the issue of having enough mana to cast the initial spell but not enough to cast the secondary spells, giving the player the cooldown even though they got no result.
  4. Aliano Journeyman

Bug Report- Highwater Robe of the Conjurer
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014
    10:56 AM
    Greetings! So, purely by accident, I have stumbled across a bug, and probably several regarding the new group mage robe… Thought you guys may want to look into it.

1. The clicky is Zealous Companion, same as the Flowing Etheric Flameweaver Robe.
    1. The pet proc portion of the clicky does not work at all
    1. I just find it odd that the same name, Zealous Companion, does completely different, and MORE damage, than a raid robe. But again, the group robe pet proc does not even work, tested it on dummy in guild hall
    Oh! Also, any chance someone could look into changing the additional bonus to a spell that any mage worth his salt would actually mem in his spell lineup? Bolt = never ever used. ever, under any circumstance. Did I mention ever? Thanks. Please maybe have it do something beneficial to spear. Thanks again.
  5. Silv Augur

The AA "Mana Overburn" is still not reducing any time off of the recast for single target flare spells in this spell line. It was specifically stated in Beta it should/was fixed.

Also, Legion of Lucem is broken (Lv. 104 Ench). it will only absorb up to 10k damage instead of 53k if someone clicks an earring buff.
  6. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Why is it the ranger "summer" line of nukes meets those requirements but is never twincasted? There must be other rules.
  7. Prathun Developer

Twincast will expend a charge if the spell meets its requirements, and if it works you get an additional nuke. In every case we've examined so far, when a spell is twinned, you get one additional nuke and one charge is expended.

Ethereal Skyblaze: 1 charge -> 1 additional nuke
    Wildflash Barrage: 3 charges -> 3 additional nukes
    Ethereal Fuse (65% of the time): 1 charge -> 1 additional nuke
    Ethereal Fuse (35% of the time): 2 charges -> 2 additional nukes

You might make the case that Wildflash Barrage itself should be exempt from being twinned, or that the spells it casts should be exempt from being twinned, so that you would get two nukes for one cast and one twincast charge instead of four nukes for one cast and three charges, but I really don't imagine that's what your class will want.

An additional Ethereal nuke triggered by twincast is a penalty? o_O
  8. Xeonje New Member

It is a penalty if that one additional hit is costing us 1 ITC counter.( if we twin a nuke and one of the hits procs another hit.. and that one hit costs us a ITC counter its a lot of damage missing especially when factoring in procs ontop of that.

Wildflash Barrage is giving us 4 main hits for the cost of 3 ITC counters, only one additional nuke there. 3 ITC counters should yeild us 6 main hits.

Fuse and Weave are also giving 3 main hits a lot of the time for the cost of 2 ITC counters, Missing a hit a lot of times, since 2 ITC counters should yield us 4 main hits.

I will talk with other wizards and maybe we can conjure up a few suggestions to throw back at ya? I dunno what else to say other than this was working fine until it went haywire in beta then it was "fixed" now its back again.
  9. Xeonje New Member

Are you apposed to the idea of quad casting costing 2 ITC counters, and hex-casting costing 3 counters?
  10. segap Augur

To preface this, I am frustrated...

Will there be time in the schedule to update the patch on Test if we test the fixes and they still don't work? I'm more than willing to testcopy when the patch is available, but if it's still broken and we can't get another round of fixes to test before the patch goes live, I might as well not waste my time. "More frequently" honestly does not sound promising considering the current frequency is lucky to be 1%. By the time this patch goes live, we'll be through 25% of the life of this expansion without working discs. I really don't want to have to wait yet another month if the current theory of what's not working (since it sounds like you're not reproducing with test buffed characters) does not pan out.
  11. Prathun Developer

Using a Twincast counter to twin an Ethereal nuke triggered from Ethereal Fuse's additional strike seems to be the best potential use of that Twincast counter.

Could you clarify this a bit? The twinned nuke is focusable, crittable, and triggers cast procs. How does inflicting damage from a twinned nuke cause the damage to go missing?

Wildflash Barrage normally casts one and only one nuke, selected at random from three options: the base fire spell / base ice spell / wildmagic. Having four nukes land on the target instead of one is three additional nukes. There is no situation where three Twincast counters will twin off five additional nukes.

The Twincast effect doesn't work that way. As described in my above post, Twincast looks for four criteria and if a spell cast meets all four criteria, a Twincast charge is expended and the spell in question is instantly recast by the caster at no additional mana cost.
  12. Iila Augur

Xeo, is this behavior new? If it is, you should mention how it previously worked with these spells or types of spells.
  13. Prathun Developer

The requirements for Twincast are:
    1. Uses SPA 0 (HP)
    2. Costs at least 10 mana
    3. Is not a combat skill
    4. Is detrimental
    Let's look at the summer line's latest version, Summer's Cyclone.
    1. Summer's Cyclone uses SPA 0 (HP) in slot 4
    2. Summer's Cyclone costs over 2k mana, which is more than 10 mana
    3. Summer's Cyclone is not a combat skill
    4. Summer's Cyclone is detrimental
    Therefore, Summer's Cyclone can be twinned by Twincast.

[Tue Dec 23 15:02:43 2014] Your magic splits.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:45 2014] Targeted (NPC): a young cave bat
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] You begin casting Summer's Cyclone Rk. II. (Summer's Cyclone Rk. II)
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] Arrowd hit a young cave bat for 6878 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] A young cave bat is caught in a hot summer's storm.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] Arrowd hit a young cave bat for 19628 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] A young cave bat is chilled by the storm's splash.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 15.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] You twincast Summer's Cyclone Rk. II.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] Arrowd hit a young cave bat for 6878 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] A young cave bat is caught in a hot summer's storm.
    [Tue Dec 23 15:02:49 2014] Your target resisted the Summer's Cyclone Splash II spell. <- bah! stupid bat

Summer's Cyclone triggers two additional spells when it is cast, Summer's Cyclone Burn and Summer's Cyclone Splash.
    1. Summer's Cyclone Burn uses SPA 0 (HP) in slot 1
    2. Summer's Cyclone Burn costs 0 mana, which is not more than 10 mana
    3. Summer's Cyclone Burn is not a combat skill
    4. Summer's Cyclone Burn is detrimental
    Therefore, Summer's Cyclone Burn cannot be twinned by Twincast.
    1. Summer's Cyclone Splash uses SPA 0 (HP) in slot 1
    2. Summer's Cyclone Splash costs 0 mana, which is not more than 10 mana
    3. Summer's Cyclone Splash is not a combat skill
    4. Summer's Cyclone Splash is detrimental
    Therefore, Summer's Cyclone Splash cannot be twinned by Twincast.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Taking back what I said because I was wrong.

Looking back through logs, apparently Twincast was working on spells proced by other spells (like Wildmagic), but not taking counters.

Now it does take counters.

So something was changed with how counters are counted, resulting in a nerf to us.

Counters have NEVER applied to spells that are proced by other spells, they have only ever counted against the main spell you cast.
  15. Prathun Developer

There should be time between the Test update and the Live update to make changes if we find any issues with melee ability resist modifiers. Don't blame you a bit for being frustrated.
  16. Prathun Developer

Don't see anything of consequence changing in spell data for the various versions of Twincast or the spell lines we're discussing. The last change I see is that the instant only focus requirement was removed in 2010. I can't confirm or deny how it used to work, but can ask a coder about this when they return from their winter holiday break.

Edit: Around November 2011, code made a change that allowed triggered and procced spells to be twinned.
  17. Xeonje New Member

In a raid setting with full burns going and all the adps candy running, Group setting of enchanter druid wizx4, Wildflash Barrage can sometimes use 5 or even 7 counters of ITC in a single cast. Ethereal Fuse Uses up to 5 counters, more commonly 4.
  18. Xeonje New Member

Around about that time Wizards didn't have many things that procced to make it apparent and it could have easily gone un-noticed for a while, Correct me if i'm wrong but i think that was just before Ethereal Weave came to us, Also the Claw line we never touched during ITC because if it procced a twincast on us it would overwrite ITC lol. And well it just wasn't worth twinning, way too low dmg.

PS I do recall ITC counters bugging out a lot back then and staying at max counters(they still ticked down thou) , so abnormal amount of counters being used again would have gone un-noticed =/
  19. Iila Augur

If it's at all related to the bug in beta that was causing ITC counters to be eaten at a faster rate, it's code side and not related to the spell data. The ITC bug wasn't accompanied by any change to the spell data and it took us a while to nail down reasons for the sudden change.

After that was reverted, ITC functioned normally again. Now something has changed and ITC is back to being eaten too quickly.
  20. Prathun Developer

The pet proc portion of various versions of Zealous Companion appeared to work okay on Beta for me. Though, it's worth noting that the Companion's Strike proc from the effect bestowed by the Highwater Robe of the Conjurer is a skill proc that's triggered by bash. If your pet does not bash, the Companion's Strike effect will not fire.

[Tue Dec 23 17:37:47 2014] Kasekn tells you, 'Attacking an earth churner Master.'
    [Tue Dec 23 17:37:54 2014] an earth churner strikes, sensing blood!
    [Tue Dec 23 17:37:57 2014] Kasekn begins to cast a spell. (Companion's Strike III)
    [Tue Dec 23 17:37:57 2014] Kasekn hit an earth churner for 3750 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Dec 23 17:37:57 2014] An earth churner is struck by a forceful obedient strike.

[Tue Dec 23 17:44:48 2014] Kasekn wishes to show its obedience.
    [Tue Dec 23 17:44:48 2014] Kasekn begins to cast a spell. (Companion's Strike IV)
    [Tue Dec 23 17:44:48 2014] Kasekn hit an earth churner for 7500 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Dec 23 17:44:48 2014] An earth churner is struck by a forceful obedient strike.

[Tue Dec 23 17:49:45 2014] Kasekn wishes to show its obedience.
    [Tue Dec 23 17:49:55 2014] Kasekn tells you, 'Attacking an earth churner Master.'
    [Tue Dec 23 17:49:55 2014] an earth churner strikes, sensing blood!
    [Tue Dec 23 17:49:55 2014] Kasekn begins to cast a spell. (Companion's Strike)
    [Tue Dec 23 17:49:55 2014] Kasekn hit an earth churner for 9375 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Dec 23 17:49:55 2014] An earth churner is struck by a forceful obedient strike.