Update Bugs 12/11/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Fnyanea Augur

Cast time on Ethereal Fuse still broken, Enchanter AA Ethereal Manipulation still not working on new spells.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then it still isn't working correctly, my char has been logged in most days since this change, and this week got evicted with no email, surely someone had the hindsight to make sure all missed emails were sent.

I now have an eviction crate with just 3 times in it, :rolleyes: I need to investigate which plot it's come from, because as far as I remember every plot I had had far more items and when this change went in had at least 52 weeks paid up on them.
  3. Hludwolf Developer

You had to be logged in at the moment the email was sent. There was no way to resend these emails without a full patch and potentially causing escrow to be lost or other problems.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I guess we don't have enough Frogloks practicing cultural tradeskills...

I made a pair of August Bounder Greaves and August Bounder Boots, then made the Boundless Legging Symbol of Stillness and Boundless Boot Symbol of Stillness to insert. I found that I could not put the Boundless augments into the the August gear, even though it looks like all requirements are met (Level 101 Froglok Monk, worshipper of Quellious, type 16 augment going into type 16 augment slot, and the Boundless Symbol specifies it must go into August equipment).

I did notice that the August items have the wrong required/recommended levels, if those might be the cause; I think it should be Req: 101 and Rec: 105 but is actually Req: 96 and Rec: 100 like the previous level cap's Regal gear.
  5. Silv Augur

Looks like Geomantra is still overwriting all versions of my Enchanter spellshield including the one that protects 1k damage over my 50k (Legion of Lucem [and every other spell in the line]).

Seems like a bug to me!
    Xeladom and RPoo like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

*Interesting* bug while sitting on the boat to Brother Island.
    Getting spammed with the following:

Twincast_Aura00 tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected.
    Learners_Aura00 tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected.
    Emcee01 tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected.
    Emcee00 tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected.

FYI 'Emcee' is the name of a cleric hammer pet which wasn't even cast at the time.

Also, it appears that Wizard mercs (at least levels 104/105) have gained a spell with some type of push back effect :( (really makes a mess of positioning).
  7. Warpeace Augur

You all don't see a problem with that?
  8. kramer2202 Elder

Any update on this yet?
  9. svann Augur

Any comment on the bug with Ethereal Fuse? Quick damage aa is not working for it. This is a huge reduction in its effectiveness.
  10. Prathun Developer

We've updated Quick Damage 1-5 to work on Ethereal Fuse. Also, the description for Quick Damage has been updated to indicate the percentage of the cast time bonus for ranks 4 and 5. These changes will go out with our next full update. Thank you for letting us know about this!
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

We've updated the Enchanter AA, Ethereal Manipulation, to work on new Ethereal spells. It was necessary to add the spell groups for Ethereal Flash, Rimeblast, and Skyblaze to the Ethereal Manipulation spells.
    Fnyanea likes this.
  12. Prathun Developer

Yes. Melee ability resist modifiers have been adjusted again. Melee abilities that check against the physical resist type should land more frequently. These changes will go out with our next full update.
  13. Lighteningrod Augur

Any update on the issues with chat channels randomly changing order? This changed two patches ago.
  14. Xeonje New Member

ITC(Improved TwincastAA) counters are being rapidly consumed by Various TDS nukes especially Wildflash Barrage and Ethereal Fuse, also Ethereal Weave from CoTF is doing this. In some instances 1 single cast of Barrage has used 7 counters of Improved Twincast. Is this being looked into?
  15. Prathun Developer

The requirements for Twincast are:
    1. Uses SPA 0 (HP)
    2. Costs at least 10 mana
    3. Is not a combat skill
    4. Is detrimental
    I see that Wildflash Barrage meets the requirements for Twincast so it is being twinned, and each of the spells triggered by Wildflash Barrage also meet the requirements for Twincast and therefore are also twinned. In each of my attempts in testing this, I saw 3 charges of Twincast consumed and 4 nukes (3 additional) land on my target.

[Mon Dec 22 19:36:19 2014] Your magic splits.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:22 2014] Targeted (NPC): a seduced pirate
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:24 2014] You begin casting Wildflash Barrage Rk. II. (Wildflash Barrage Rk. II)
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 52735 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] A seduced pirate is blasted by pure wild magic.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 15.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] You twincast Pure Wildflash II.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 54227 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] A seduced pirate is blasted by pure wild magic.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 14.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] You twincast Wildflash Barrage Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 92648 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] A seduced pirate is pummeled by a cascade of ice crystals.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 13.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] You twincast Rimeblast Cascade Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 36636 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] A seduced pirate is pummeled by a cascade of ice crystals.

Ethereal Fuse and Ethereal Weave do not meet the requirements for Twincast, but they have a 35% chance to cast an additional nuke. That additional nuke does meet the requirements for Twincast. After a few attempts, I got the double nuke. In the example below, I saw 2 charges of Twincast consumed and 4 nukes (2 additional) land on my target.

[Mon Dec 22 20:06:18 2014] Your magic splits.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:21 2014] You begin casting Ethereal Fuse Rk. II. (Ethereal Fuse Rk. II)
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 49722 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] A seduced pirate's body is consumed in ethereal flames.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 15.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] You twincast Ethereal Skyblaze Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 50040 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] A seduced pirate's body is consumed in ethereal flames.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 132313 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 14.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] You twincast Ethereal Skyblaze Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 22 20:06:24 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 52897 points of non-melee damage.
  16. Beatslayer Journeyman

I thought this was just me! It's been driving me nuts!

I have one window with my groupsay, raidsay, guildsay, and main chat channels.. I have another window with General channels, bazaar channel, class channel, and melee spam. But, sometime recently, the two groups of chat channels have been swapping windows on their own, to my dismay. Thus, my main chat channels will go to my melee spam, and my general spam channels will go to my main window.. I have to fix it every time I log in.
  17. Xeonje New Member

Regarding Wildflash Barrage, 1 cast using 3 ITC counters for 4 nukes, 3 Counters of ITC = 6 Ethereal nukes... In other words, why not make the initial cast cost use the counter and the random spells that proc from it 0 mana?

Fuse and Weave.. the whole point of these spells was the random second nuke be it rare it was a nice addon considering the long recast and mana cost. Now we are paying for the additional nuke? if this was not intended then i guess we're forced to using ethereal fire/ice during ITC only. I don't want to come across as a whiney ***** but ONE cast should be 1 counter of ITC used, no matter what the case. We spend a lot of mana for these spells especially during prolonged destruction, oh BTW Prolonged destruction counters are also being consumed as fast as ITC are, Forgot to mention that.
  18. kramer2202 Elder

Thanks for the update on that, good news to melee! Any idea of when the next full update is going to be? Feel like we have been waiting a while to use our new abilities.
  19. Xeonje New Member

[Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] (Avatar MSG) Limited use charge expended; new limit use count is 14.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] You twincast Wildflash Barrage Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 22 19:36:25 2014] <My Name> hit a seduced pirate for 92648 points of non-melee damage.

That highlighted part used a ITC counter.. It shouldn't have since it was already part of the first twincast, paying twice for the same twincast.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If a spell actually casts twin, even if it is triggered from another spell, it will use a charge. If the spell is not actually doubling, or doubling does nothing, then we can perhaps do something about it by adjusting the mana so it does not trigger twin. If you are getting double effect, then it is going to use a charge. For example, is the "first" is nothing but casting other spells, then yes, perhaps something needs adjusting.

I highlighted "perhaps" there, because as I have mentioned, I am just a spell creation journeyman, not a master. There may be some limitations that prevent changes. I actually expect that this may not be "fixable" in our spell system, but I will leave it to the experts. I am just speaking up so you know you were not ignored.
    Zentara and Fenudir like this.