Test Update 12/2/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Rainbowdash Augur

I use Live files as well. Most Test people have a Live and Test install separate. Can be used as a remedy when you find broken zones.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Lenra New Member

I just checked and it seems like there could be a UI bug or it could be my bad luck, but all my mounts have been removed from my keyring.
  3. Aledark Journeyman

Was on live my bad
  4. DCPD158 Elder

I see that these got a little love:

Is there any way you can check on warrior's Gut Punch and Knee Strike? They are resisted WAY too often.I've noted this a number of times in the past.
  5. svann Augur

Is a fix for Quick Damage AA not working for Ethereal Fuse in the works?
    Or that the VOA quested emblem is only half working in August cultural chest?
  6. Makavien Augur

I would guess emblems should not be working in the new cultural at all since the intent was for them to stop working after voa armor.
    Lisandra and Brohg like this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

[QUOTEUpon named/collection spawn, named spawned, but the "A Power Enemy Approaches" text did not come up. Named or ph did not appear at top of "Normal" sorted track list. Water elemental continued to spawn and was at top of track list. I ran over to named spawn area and the named was up, looked at track and he was at the bottom of "Normal" sorted track list. Killed named, another mob instantly popped at his spawn upon death (ph?). ] /QUOTE]

I had the named spawn3 times in a row some time 2 in the same instance.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Correct. Unfortunately removing the slot got missed for the patch, so that extra slot that has no use will be there until the January patch.
  9. jeskola pheerie

my eqclient is crashing on trying to zone into Katta Castrum: Deluge today. this is the first time i have tried to zone into TDS t1 since this issue started and I am fully patched up to this morning.

Please provide a fix and also give us back our free expacs if you really want anyone on "Test" to actually test anything on your latest Expansion pack.

10. jeskola pheerie

btw pretty sure all the Test Server players that are going to buy tds have done it, lets not **** around anymore and just give it to us like we are supposed to have, please :D
  11. Semp New Member

Ngreth,

Rogue abilities were suppose to be corrected last patch and are still not hitting their targets. I see it's being addressed again in this patch but please refer to post #122. Clearly they are still being avoided way too much on the Test Server... Can you please look into this post and see if rogue abilities are still being avoided this frequently. Waiting till January for this to be corrected again would hurt.

Thank you
    drkknight69 and Esero like this.
  12. Nightmares Augur

So, many might not agree with this, but I am not for unlocking the progression to brother's Island. It's not that hard to unlock if you just take the time and actually play.
    There is absolutely no reason to unlock this, especially not 1 month after the release. HoT progression stayed for what? Throughout VoA? And people still did it, people are Still doing it in fact.
    Many people have already worked hard to unlock it and have. many already have gotten to Arx Mentis and have raided it. SOE wants content that will take awhile to get through? yet unlock the progression just to speed people through it? It makes absolutely no sense.
    The hub zones are Tempest and Katta, the Whistle should take you to one of them(Like Brell's Rest clicky in Underfoot), or the the Buried sea to monkey island just outside ( taking a queue from RoF and Harbinger's Staff).
    I don't box Port classes and try to rarely use Guild hall and i get to places easily, without long travel times.

Personally I look at this change as a detriment to the game ( this is not because some have already done the progression and is whining). This is because the progression to get to Brother's island is already pretty easy as it is and all a person has to do is actually play and work at it a little). I THOUGHT that was SOE's, as well as the Dev's, intent in the first place, because it was Sure as H... explained that way to the entire player base, many times over... in many threads, starting back during beta and news releases about the expansion.
    SOE said they did not want an expansion that some elites could beat in a month ( which we know has basically happened, to an extent). They wanted the Expansion to last a year, which is why they did progression as they did ( 1 month goes by and oops time to open it up? really? MCFLY!!!).

This might seem a bit like a rant, but I assure you, reread this and you'll see some valid points. And I know these points to be true as I have seen them on the forums as well as seen evidence of certain events that have happened on my server.
    A person that plans ahead can do it. Play Smart, not easy. Or else rename the Game World of Warcraft and be done with it.
    drkknight69 and strongbus like this.
  13. p2aa Augur

I posted it in the tradeskill forum, but I guess it will get noticed more here from SOE

The august cultural armor needs to see the stats fixed so that for example the plate cultural wrist has the same AC/HP whatever the race, etc same for other visible armor slots
  14. Melanippe Augur

This is what one sees in game when checking the EverQuest information under the Special Category:

This is an EverQuest "Special" achievement.

This achievement is gained upon completing the following tasks:

- Complete one of the following:
    --- Elba Straw in Plane of Knowledge - Presents Lost [55-64]
    --- Elba Straw in Plane of Knowledge - Gifts Ungiven [65-74]
    --- Elba Straw in Plane of Knowledge - Misplaced Wishes [75+]
    - Maynar Furrwik in Plane of Knowledge - The Frostclaw Lair

This one: --- Elba Straw in Plane of Knowledge - Presents Lost [55-64], the quest giver listed in the achievement is correct.
    This one: --- Elba Straw in Plane of Knowledge - Gifts Ungiven [65-74], the quest giver listed in the achievement should be Cordys Leaflighter
    This one: --- Elba Straw in Plane of Knowledge - Misplaced Wishes [75+], the quest giver listed in the achievement should be Rellith Akkanar

This NPC a gigglegibber goblin makes reference to the above quest givers when hailed but is not mentioned in the achievement window.

Currently, for someone attempting these seasonal tasks who uses the achievements feature, it can be quite confusing when attempting the mid-level and high-level tasks.
  15. fortuneteller Augur

But thing is, if the zones had been unlocked from the beginning, you would not have said anything about being wow. So its kind of irrelevant.

The reason for SOE opening up the zone is simple, Money. It is directly connected to the 2 items to that you get by buying the CE. Would the whistle been any selling argument, if it send to people to a zone, they could not get to thanks to being behind a locked progression ?

Also, I guess they overestimated peoples willingness to buy the CE with so few selling features in.

Their PR department made a large mistake on the CE thing. I believe that they will not sell more than 25% of the CE, compared to what they would have been in, if these 2 items had been in there from the beginning. Asked a few friends of mine WHO say they would have bought it if been in from beginning, and now Thye wont .
  16. Axxius Augur

Since the patch is delayed, maybe somebody can fix 2 issues with the zones:

1. Arx Mentis: you can climb outside of the playable geometry in the forest area, in many spots there, for example 90, 143, 163. In the raid instance where levitation is disabled, it means you fall to your death.

2. Thuliasaur: there seems to be a wrong texture on one of the murals in the temple that tell the lore of the lizard folk:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/thaell-ew-murals.215477/
  17. kramer2202 Elder

Bug with instance section in Arx Mentis mission, The Cost of Balance, that have had happen to me (and group members) several times now. When zoning in, you enter someplace WAY outside the geometry in some random place which seems way above the zone in area. As a result you instantly fall to your death upon zoning in. If you have lev on, you wont fall to your death, but you are still way outside the geometry.
  18. Boze TLP complaint factory

Error on zoning in to Ocean of Tears:
    GOBLIN.ECO is a 0 length file in eqg. Loading of this file aborted.
    Another Test-toon stuck =(
  19. eqvet2004 New Member

When is this going to get fixed! I paid for the TDS expansion for 3 accounts and have not been able to log into those zones for 10 days!
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Nightmares Augur

That's the point of part of my post, it could send them to the real hub of TDS which could be considered Katta Castrum: Deluge. That's where the Guild hall sends people, and the Wiz/Dr spells send people to Tempest. the whistle did not need to send people to BI. Could have been to one of those zones. So that part of your statement is kind of irrelevant. But I do understand what you are saying, if they had left it open from the beginning if wouldn't be such a bit deal. However I am reminded of HoT; It took them HOW long to remove flagging of progression to get to T3 and T4? Years. Yet we have this opened in a month. And again, if people would just play and do the content as was the intended purpose and quite Griping about how hard it is (even though they ARE raiding it) it wouldn't be an issue to unlock it. But I think you understand what I am trying to say, at least the spirit of it I hope anyways.
    Yes their PR dept got is all jacked up. But in some respects so did the Devs. This Expansion was very small, it could have had 2-4 more zones introduced to it, the raids could have been spread out a bit between them. Then I could see having open access to T2, cause the rest would take forever. As it stands I know probably 100 people that finished Progression within Week one ( all access) and were already farming stuff before FTP got in. The expansion was too small and it needs the progression locked to help bottleneck things just a bit or else we'll all be bored within a couple more months.
    Don't think so? I swapped from my chanter to my SK to play cause chanter had all progression done already and now I am AA'ing my SK at 100 before I hit 101 and get smacked by the xp nerf, and SK already finished Tempest temple's progression and has half of Katta done. Oh I did this all the while working on my Hero's journey for the AE clicky. I am not a raider per say. I attend open raids and guest raid when there is room and I have time, which I don't usually have a lot of play time as it is. And no, noone pushed me through progression, I made pickup grps to do stuff from people calling out in ooc or gen chat that they were LFG.
    I am not trying to flame, retaliate or anything, I am just stating facts, from a player that gets about 3-6 hours of play time a night. With neither of those toons having ANY raid gear.
    If your experience is different then it's different, but I wanted to share what my point of view is and why I think as I do.