TDS Raid Event 3: Principal Vicarum Nomia - Progression!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mykaylla, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Mykaylla Augur

Greetings and salutations, raiders and sundry!

The event, Principal Vicarum Nomia is rather buggy at this time, capable of giving a lockout and flagging without beating it. It can even give raid achievements based on beating the event.... before actually beating the event. (Doh! Note to devs: We like it when there's an individual achievement for beating each raid event, it makes it easier to keep track of flags, progression, e-<censored> bragging rights, et cetera... hint hint)

For those who haven't noticed, I've been handling the bulk of updating the Raid Progression Site here of late, ( /wave Hi) and there's been some concern/complaints expressed that the record might not be accurate. Rather than let it fester, or devolve into he said-she said guild attacks, I am asking for your assistance.

So what can you do for me?

1. If you are not a raider

Enjoy adventuring in Norrath, and ignore the raiding people behind the green curtain.

2. If you are a raider in a guild that has not yet beaten event 3 of The Darkened Sea

Keep an eye out for updates/hotfixes/patches that mention changes to Principal Vicarum Nomia. If you do not beat this event until after such a patch, please continue enjoying your EverQuesting. If you beat this event before it is fixed, please refer to 3.

3. If you are a raider in a guild that has beaten event 3 of The Darkened Sea (and care about progression rankings)

Please send me (Mykaylla, the person that types too much) a copy of a full raid log for your first complete win on Principal Vicarum Nomia. Doesn't matter who in the guild it is from as long as it is clear. You can send it to me either via PM here on the forums, or PM me here for an email address to send it to, as there are character limits to fuss with. Please do so by midnight Friday, the 12th of December Hawaii time (just to make sure no one misses out getting the time wrong), as any unverified kills will be wiped from the progression board at that time.

Thanks for your time, have fun, and remember, no dying!
    (It's a rule)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

A couple of bugfixes for this event are mentioned in the latest Test patch:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-12-2-2014.215568/
    Hopefully, they have been hotfixed to live servers already.

o_O

A full log of the event would contain a LOT more information that you ever need for the progression site update, wouldn't it? Dunno about other guilds, but in ours that's a major nono. Sorry, can't do.
    Imrahil, Iila and SaderakhBertox like this.
  3. Nenake Elder

whatcha hiding there Axxius? :)
  4. Deillusional Augur

Log sent, but took out chat where it contains vital information, I guess they are after proof of certain things happening during the raid.
  5. Betenoire Elder

I think a full log of phase 3 is the more desirable portion.
  6. Insaneox Augur

It's due to the many ways to win without win! Both event 3 and 4 if willing to could be cheated very easy and even logs at this point mean little.

If developer wants to chat at some point feel free to pm me here or ingame under same name. The whole of raiding system in its current form is broken.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

3. If you are a raider in a guild that has beaten event 3 of The Darkened Sea (and care about progression rankings)

If one maintains a site that cares about progression rankings one does not simply wipe reported kills based on he said/she said nor does one ask for guilds to share their raid strategies with others. (<- a major no no in every guild I've ever been in.)

You rely on SOE not allowing exploitation to stand. (Consider Conquest and the Sleeper or the Earring of Sad Exploitation).

(Hopefully SOE will provide verification in this situation - there are a tiny number of guilds and kills involved. Alternately people working on these sites will come up with something better than share your raid strats from able to be modified player logs especially on a "Doesn't matter who in the guild it is from as long as it is clear." co-opting the role of the guild leadership basis. <- surest way to get guild removed I've ever heard proposed.)

Wipe legitimate kills/lose all community credibility. Better to put an asterisk next to Principal Vicarum Nomia indicating dates of completion may be in dispute and rely on SOE not allowing guilds to exploit kills to reach the number of wins to unlock the next raid in the progression. If you've killed #4 the chances you cheated every time on previous content unlocking kills is pretty low.

(<- Not an officer. I do not speak for not do I have the right to speak for my guild.)
  8. Deillusional Augur

Just remove the order chat / raid says / guild chat then they will get no strats no? I guess they just want to see what happening in phase 3. Personally we have never had a reset win on any raid in the expansion.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

We've all seen forum drama arising from Guild A choosing to disapprove of how Guild B, C, F, and H beat an event. There's a difference between a reset win and, for example, using pet tanking.

A log showing that your guild engaged the boss at 8:25 and the boss died at 8:55 is enough to prove that you didn't simply wave hello to the mob and it fell over dead.

(In the best of all possible worlds SOE not resetting a win counter ought to be evidence enough that a win was legitimate.)

A log showing who did what can easily be used to reconstruct your strategy, makes you vulnerable to that strategy being shared, and the possibility that your guild could be embroiled in drama when it approached an event in a way SOE did not judge to be exploitation but pleased other competing guilds to insist was exploitation.

(I'm certain my guild did not use an exploit to beat this event. The fact that someone could steal merchandise in a store is not evidence that they did steal merchandise in a store. Given that Loss Prevention (in this case SOE) didn't take any action is sufficient proof of innocence).

I'm sure guild leaders and those working on raid progression tracking sites will work out a non-intrusive way that reflects actual dates of completion - not sketchy requirements to be included or excluded. Actual. Truth be told the only entity that can supply actual is SOE - not apparently guilds themselves and not you must satisfy our less than reasonable requirements 3rd party sites.

OR guild leaders (not some random member) can elect to go along with this and hope nothing negative arises from them sharing what's long been confidential guild data. <- Their option.
  10. Insaneox Augur

My only care is that the easy button win methods that I would classify as exploit get fixed. The whole finishing first, second, third and so on means lesser to me then a workable raid system. I'm mainly playing eq for it's raiding and lot of things are sketchy with Arx currently.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

I deplore outright exploitation as occurred with Conquest and the Sleeper.

I also deplore guilds being unhappy where they place in progression completion having members claim others cheated to get where they are and SOE routinely lets outright cheating in the raid progression stand. They don't.

Fact is I once was in a raid that very early on was trying to figure out how to beat an event. We tried something and a previously undetectable dev?? appeared stating, That might work but its not how we want this event done. Don't do it. We stopped trying that approach in all of its variations.

This forum has several examples of guilds reporting insta-wins. It doesn't sound to me like there's a serverwide cheat-a-thon going on at all. If someone did cheat I'll have to rely on SOE catching them.

You don't have to cheat to win. Nor do you have to post on a forum, Send me your strats.
  12. Maeryn Augur

No, there is no reason to work on actual dates of completion, having 50ish individuals present for the event in question means a 2% honesty rate of someone letting out that they didn't "really" beat something ensures accuracy.

[tell luclin,axxius or [tell xegony.rafather two people who in the past have beat the drum on the boards about "legit" wins.

Mykaylla made a thread to essentially say "everyone in your guild is a piece of halfling, I couldn't possibly trust anything any of you losers tell me, you will need to prove everything to me the arbiter of the internet prior to Dec 13th 3am pst or you will be expunged from the historical record of a site that lists results for 71% of the raids in the expansion".

fafguild.com

If you want to be listed like Pain and Glory so potential apps know you are getting more loot let me know. If you don't want to be listed as defeating Ghost even though you have like at least 1 guild, let me know. Even disclaimers are easy to add:

*2nd wins, 1st wins were from a bug so 5 fewer days to work on the raid

Not hard at all and more properly reflects the success of 3 guilds that I'm aware encountered this issue.

The purpose of the listing on fafguild.com is to keep track of what raids do in TDS, safety in numbers and public scrutiny, it will be accurate for those guilds who choose to participate. It's not complicated and there is no reason to make it complicated.
  13. roguerunner Augur

I think the biggest discrepancy is does her name have an N or an M?

Because her raid name is NoMia, yet her static named name is NoNia, and the cleric symbol name is NoNia!

:p
  14. Pwnography Augur

I'm just going to throw this out there...

This is a terrible idea.

Trying to push guilds for a complete log on progression events that the majority haven't figured out can't be the only option that's came into your head. Can you put your tin-foil thinking cap back on for a little bit? In the end, its a guild leadership decision, but I can only imagine the inquisition that'll occur given you said it doesn't matter who sends it from the guild and some random attendee does without letting leadership purge chat, other elements. Also, why complete when you only *need* to see the past bit of P3. Ugh.
  15. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Will check and see if i have log saved from our first win, I delete them ever couple weeks though. Will ask in guild tonight and direct someone here also if they have log for our first win as well.
  16. iniari-TR Augur

I see no issue with what mykaylla is asking. a log of phase 3 should be sufficient.
    verification should be checked otherwise the progression site has no value.

a email / pm would suffice. no one is asking that a guild strats to be made public knowledge.
    and as the saying goes "you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide."

guilds exploiting this event for progression flags and loot should be delt with by SoE.
    claiming false wins on the guild progression site must be delt with by the site managers.
  17. Iila Augur

18. Kreacher Augur

Seems strange to ask for a log for verification when logs can be manipulated.
  19. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Wouldn't a ss of the mobs death be enough? Ie Lucia has been slain by...? Since both of these events end when the final mob is killed?
  20. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Yeah and i should have thought before i posted but it is in our guilds Rules we do not share logs with anyone so sorry no can do