Lesson of the Devoted

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rogue, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Rogue Augur

Now that we get no exp for actually killing mobs, can we get a refund of this vet aa for something that gives an actual benefit? Or did this just become the vet aa version of the glyph of indeterminable reward?
    Ishtass likes this.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

Hang in there! I'd much prefer to keep this and continue using it (when I remember) in TDS. It's great.
  3. MysticOne Augur

Pointless to use Lotd on a HA or Xp pots.
  4. Derd Augur

Spend a half hour killing outside a ha, if you can't find a zone in eq that doesn't work for you, your really not trying. And if you want to, you can use it in a ha you'll still be getting double the xp per mob so lesson is still doing exactly what it's advertised to do. Our group recently checked out the new daily ha's was incredibly good xp and when it was over just stayed in the zone we got the last ha from and used lesson up before logging. Was one of our best xp nights since expansion launch.
  5. MysticOne Augur

If EQ was a democracy I'm sure the "vote" would be "xp as you kill for what you killed". Just answering the question though. No Lotd and Xp pots are totally pointless you don't get measurable xp during a Ha. Double of nothing is nothing.
  6. Edrick Augur

You can use Lessons outside of Heroic Adventures.
    Elskidor likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Crazy talk. Next you're going to say there's EverQuest outside of Heroic Adventures.
    Elskidor, Battleaxe, Shiea and 2 others like this.
  8. Silv Augur

I was so glad when they added HAs to the game... Lesson was completely useless before then :rolleyes:

^This. While many places in TDS are not great XP, there are quite a few that are... especially if you're running LotD.
  9. MysticOne Augur

We used to stay in the mission and clear it for the extra with Lotd XP, now we try to skip the non-required mobs every chance.
  10. sojuu Augur

Refund of spending 0 AAs? Sure u got it. Just stop using it the rest of us will continue as we have been.
    Esero and Kiillz like this.
  11. Edrick Augur

I wanted to comment on that too. You know entitlement has gone out of hand when people demand refunds on things that didn't cost them anything.
    Hawklight Yandli likes this.
  12. Elskidor Augur

I've never used a lesson in a HA, but I use it daily without fail and get a nice chunk of xp. I didn't know Lesson of the Devoted was created for the sole benefit of HAs, even though it has been around far longer than HAs have.
  13. Ishtass Augur

I've continued liking these types of posts simply for the fact that they continue to shine light on the bigger problem with the exp changes. I consider them each "no votes" on the changes.
  14. MysticOne Augur

There's no vote you either like it or you don't chew and swallow don't spit.
  15. silku Augur

I don't want this AA refunded. I got 40+ aa in my lesson burn tonight. Just gotta find better places to burn than before.
  16. Hayzeus Augur

I like LoTD, but then I'm having a blast in RoF still. Level 100 is awesome!
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I've noticed an interesting trend with XP in the new expansion. When I play the game, I get great XP. When I whine on the forums about lack of XP I don't get a whole lot.
    Khoza, Genoane, Winnowyl and 6 others like this.
  18. Elskidor Augur

Hey now, forum xp is pretty nice too.. I just wish they'd turn the guild lobby into a hotzone, and we can get xp whenever we get buffed.
  19. Edrick Augur

Do both at the same time like me. Get good.
    Hawklight Yandli and Stubar like this.
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur

That great exp was as a result of a boost, that came about from forum whining :p
    Xeladom likes this.