Zoning?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Nov 19, 2014.

1. silku Augur

Anyone else having issues with zoning?
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Logging in from character select to world is extremely slow. I can zone a character 3-4 times in the time it takes another character to log in from character select.

Zone times into PoK have also been slow lately. I find myself using alternate routes, even when they require 1-2 more zones.
  3. Pwnography Augur

I've noticed almost everyone that I've been grouping with has been having some crashing issues while in the new zones. Degmar, for some reason, in particular. I can't explain why, but I have about a 30% chance to not make it through to the other side during a zone/evac. I've had similar issues in some of the other zones as well.
  4. Zarakii Augur

i have an old and i mean really old computer but my connections good and i might crash once every couple months. in 8 hours after todays patch i have crashed 5 times. finally gave up and went in offline trader. hope these issues get resolved soon
  5. Kunon Augur

Bertox has been terrible and teetering on crashing all day. Finally went down a bit ago.
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

We're aware of the issues with Rathe and Bertloxxulous, and the team is working on these servers now.
  7. silku Augur

Hopefully will be resolved soon, still freezing while zoning. Not as often but still happening.
  8. smash Augur

Its not just a problem on those servers, but basically all.
  9. Zentara Augur

I crash literally 99% of the time zoning in to Degmar: Lost Castle. I was fine in Thuliasaur, but am now seeing about 80% crash rate zoning in to Combine Dredge.

Restarting my clients it always allows me to zone in on the second attempt, but the first one crashes on "Loading Zone Files" for all clients, every time.
    silku likes this.
  10. Marton Augur

Crashing every time I zone in to Degmar.
  11. Kinyenya Lorekeeper

Yes Having exact same issue, everytime i zone into Degmar Castle i disconnect. Tonight it kept happening which cost me an hour of my double group exp potion that i paid 4500 sc for my group for not happy. It continued to say that i was logged in took me over an hour to log it out total for everytime it happened.
  12. Jezzie Augur

On Drinal zoning is slow that I can honestly make coffee and smoke a cigarette, then come back and with for me to zone in. Once in the zone I'm fine.
    On Vox zoning is much faster but lag spikes are a nightmare, spell casting lag, tell lag. I'm tired of watching mobs run off to one side of me and then they just appear right on top of you before you die. Lag is the #1 killer on Vox, that kind of lag should come with some kind of warning.
  13. Brohg Augur

Kinyenya, you need to delete your local Degmar files and repatch. If your group-mates (or anyone else) were there and you were not, the problem was clearly not on the server.

Jezzie, Vox had issues that earned it a big red investigation banner here on the official site last night. That ain't lag :p

The Drinal thing sounds like a local memory failure to me. Time to pop the top on the computer, air blast the fans & heat sinks, re-seat the RAM. If that problem recurs, check out the system performance monitors in the Task Manager. If the "memory" meter is full, it's likely that some of your RAM has just failed.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

Lol not to be a pest but would you look at the other servers before you call it good and make sure the rest are operating as they should?

It really blows when people start gathering for raids and then you notice your MS is like 400x what it should be and your tells you sent 5 minutes ago still haven't hit your chat window...

Just trying to be proactive! ;)
  15. Jezzie Augur

I'm not very computer technical, it's a new comp. I can't understand why I would get 2 completely different zoning times on different servers in the same game.
    Doesn't make sense to me as to why the problem would be on my end.
    Vox has been suffering for months with the described problems but zoning isn't one of them
  16. Brohg Augur

Jezzie, you normally (not last night) play on both Vox and Drinal, and they normally (not last night) behave very differently when zoning?
  17. Jezzie Augur

yes, long zone times on Drinal, 5mins is about normal, probably 30-45 secs on Vox
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Steam and Xbox Live had issues today, a DDoS wouldn't be surprising.