Test Update 11/12/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Nov 11, 2014.

1. JChan Developer

Fixed a typo for the tool tip for STR in the stats tab.
  2. Slasher Augur

There is no hard part to the heroics. The 2 that are a problem are basically kill x amount of mobs hail 2 npcs and you're done. People do the entire task and did the hail before the lockout. Now they just kill everything. You lose half the XP right now when you don't finish the task. Is that penalty not enough why do they need to nerf the kill xp ? Its stupid.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. segap Augur

Does this account for different versions of the HAs where sometimes you'll have even/yellow cons and other times dark blue cons? How many times did they run through to get a good average? Do class exp bonuses get applied on rewards or only on kills?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If you are level 100 or less you will continue to get the same amount of EXP you used to from RoF before the expansion release. If you are level 101 or higher, you will see a reduction in the exp you gain from kills and rewards from RoF. We have no plans at this time to change that.
  5. segap Augur

And that actually hurt a lot of people. Unless you can swarm/ae and kill enough mobs in 5 minutes or so, the completion bonus actually paid off. I got to 105 faster by not flipping HAs than people I know that did flip. There was a point at which exp/minute flipped to favoring completing and moving on to the next one. This is all assuming that no potions are used.
  6. Behelit Augur

Screaming Fury went from 115% to 125%, still under Quicktime and well below what we asked for.

The proc rate continues to be "sporadic" at best, with no noticeable improvement. It averages roughly 1 proc every ~90sec, however there are large stretches of time where it won't proc at all only to proc twice consecutively in an 11sec span overwriting and wasting over half the duration from the first proc (which is also why Monk/Rogue proc rate is set so high to account for overlapping duration).

Hopefully this line sees more tweaking in the future.
    Fenudir likes this.
  7. Harris Augur

Well if you are doing things like that... something that drives me nuts is.... something on the map that has always been there, on the zone tab the drop down always reads Default and on the atlas tab it reads default. choose a capital D or a lower case d for both. I know it is little but I have Asperger's and if you know anything about Asperger's, little things can make it wrong.
  8. Croak Augur

A good way of doing it, but it doesn't necessarily work for mixed level groups.

There isn't a bug thread yet, so I created a thead in veterans with some data so far from test
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...scaling-data-pre-post-patch-from-test.215183/

2 things have certainly changed (what some would call a nerf) based on that test

1. The level 90 toon grped with the lv100s previously received the exact same amount of AA as the lv100s, both per kill and for completion. Now they get less.
    2. The level 86 toons as well as having a scaling penalty might not get all their final reward if they have high bonus, even on a low exp HA such as Gribble 1

AAs always used to give the same unmodified reward for all party members based on the highest level party member, and I don't understand why you have moved away from that (both before and after patch)
  9. Marshall Maathers Augur

Was the exp-shift considering if you killed every mob in the instance, even though some updates, like the tail end of Scouting Ahead, may not require you to?
  10. Cerris Augur

I don't believe this is the case. I ran through "A Storm of Sorts" or whatever the Tempest Temple HA is called last night and got a reasonable but not particularly notable chunk of XP at the end. The HA zone includes the entire zone population of the base zone, so if the final hail had been tuned to reflect killing every single mob in the instance it would have been an absurd amount of XP.
  11. Axxius Augur

Great!

So then the only concern (other than the obvious nerf on the ability to grind xp continuously in those HA's) is that doing a bunch of Gribble HA's was many players' favorite way to use Lesson, and now you are taking it away.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Serriah_Test Augur

I think EQ is at the edge of a cliff and they are actually trying to save the game.
    The REAL content of MMOs has always been interaction with people. So, unless they can force grouping again, EQ is dead.

These nerfs probably come up as positive in a risk analysis.
    They see:

1.) Slow death of EQ. Players complaining about lack of content when we know content is people and they are just plowing it all while boxing.
    2.) Fast death of EQ. We try to force grouping. If it doesn't work, at least we'll know not to risk another expansion.

I'm just speculating, but I highly doubt they'd make these changes "willy-nilly".
  13. Koswold Journeyman

A few questions/concerns I have regarding the changes to the HA's

A few of the missions are very linear ( Dead Hills Gribble #1 'Into the Hills' ) kill everything from one end to the other to complete, Easy to gauge the total
    amount of experience for the mission. Easy to fit into your new model.

1) Other missions are not so simple ( Dead Hills Cooper #1 'Clearing a Path" ) fixed number of mobs you Need to kill but difficult to complete without killing extra
    mobs that are in the way of the task updates. How do you account for the xp on these extra mobs ?
    2) A few of the missions including the new TDS ones ( Storm of Sorts ) dont even give you all the steps to complete the mission at the begining of the task. If the
    hidden part of the mission is a something your group cannot complete ( Storm of Sorts:Knock some sense into the Wardens and their Treants, see invis 20k quad hitting trees! )
    then you have just wasted all your game time to that point of the mission.
    3) How do you account for Experience potions/Lesson of the devoted ?

Can you change the missions to show all the tasks at the start so we dont waste all our game time when we discover we cant complete a version of a mission ?
    Is there a way you can "Store" the exp from the kills untill the end of a mission where its granted? This would solve the problem of extra kills in a mission and Xp Potions
    yet still stoping the fliping of missions to avoid the lockouts.

Koswold
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Slasher Augur

Content is not players in a themepark MMO like EQ.
  15. Iila Augur

This was, and still is an awful idea.

CotF was made for the same level cap as RoF, but RoF zones now have a huge penalty to exp. RoF has zones full of mobs higher level than the tiny TDS entry zone. There are still plenty of reasons to hunt in these zones, even at 105. From zone designs that support kill methods that were neglected in cotf/tds, to still viable augs, clickies and quest rewards.

The people who spend a lot of time banking RoF quest rewards have done their de-leveling and gotten to 105 with rewards already. You can stop punishing the rest of the population with a failed attempt to prevent that.
    Mesc, Yinla, Terry and 9 others like this.
  16. Coruth Augur

Then at this time, I will continue to not buy SOD on 4 of my 7 Accounts.
    When thier current subs are up, I will not renew.

I don't know what else to say, except that this change makes everything WORSE for me.

I liked to play for about an Hour on a workday. An hour was enough time to do 2-3 Heroics
    And burn lessons.

Now since, your changes "based on difficulty" and moving XP off kills will reduce my lessons.

You have effectively made a bad situtation worse by Nerfing anyone who just logs in for a 30-60 minute period.
    Terry, Lisandra and Marton like this.
  17. Zantor Augur

Why is SoE trying so hard to nerf the XP and force players to play the way SoE wants them to?[/quote]
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Bugglegump New Member

I am doing The Other Brother HA in Tainted West Karana and am getting no exp from kills what so ever. have the exp set to go to AA exp 100% and it is stuck on 77% for 17 kills. Did you take away all the kill experience from the HA's and move to the end? I have a total of 3 AA's banked and 9153 assigned on a lvl 96 ranger.
  19. CaptAmazing Augur

HAHA, same exact thing I thought when I read the patch notes.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Bugglegump New Member

ok it took 22 kills to gain 1% AA exp in an HA now. Is this how much you intended to take away from the mob kill experience.