Test Update 11/12/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Nov 11, 2014.

1. fransisco Augur

Poor devs, they just can't win.

Thanks for the work and the fixes/changes
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Gnuff Journeyman

Well, I guess a three hour lock out is better than six. I have no confidence that completion bonus from HAs is going to offset the loss of exp from the kills. After all of this year's mistakes, missteps, and outright blunders, I have no confidence (or trust) at all.

What would be wrong with just reducing the lockout timer from six hours to three? If players are so desperate for a decent place to play that they are willing to forgo the currency and exp from completing a HA, maybe a complicated solution to a nonexistent problem isn't the way to go.

I'm glad you are increasing experience gain in TDS. Doesn't effect me personally since I wont be buying TDS until you reverse the Exp Nerf of RoF. Which reminds me, and hopefully reminds you, are you considering fixing this? No mention inn the patch notes, or anywhere else for weeks now. It's been asked again and again so maybe bold will help.

Are you considering reversing the experience nerf of RoF, or have you made the decision to keep the nerf in its current state?

We deserve an answer to this one. A lot of us started out excited about the release of TDS, only to find ourselves pigeonholed, nerfed and then talked down to. Many of us made the choice not to buy the TDS expansion* and are now wondering if the game itself is even worth playing.

Gnuff

*The Darkened Sea is an expansion in name only. The amount of content destroyed by the exp nerf makes regression a more accurate description of the effect on the game. Please feel free to continue to use the word "expansion" in relation to TDS in an ironic or Orwellian context.
    silku, Shimmerleaf, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  3. Duhbeast Augur

Burn your lesson in TDS if you are that worried about it. Wow that was hard to think of.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

It sure seems like Sony is spending a lot of Dev time and money revisiting the past instead of ensuring the current content is playable and sought after. I mean who flippin' cares if your PAYING customer wants to play old content or new content? These constant nerfs and changes to old content is like poking a sleeping dog with a stick. It may not end well.
    silku, Lisandra and Garshok like this.
  5. Rhymez Thebard Elder

There are players who grinded to 105 within a day after the expansion went live back in october. And grinding AA's is even easier.

I thought the lv cap should have just stayed at 100. Wouldn't have needed so many unnecessary nerfs.

But even then all these exp nerf complaints is so unwarranted. Please don't change exp rates again. It's seriously a waste of dev time.
  6. Greaseman Journeyman

Thanks for reducing lockouts and adding rare drops back into HAs. Plus the xp adjustments in TDS and dozens of other fixes that most seem to overlooked because they are going to get slightly less xp flipping instances to stomp moles.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Killed for a bit in TDS this morning, the mobs are much more manageable now in terms of damage being delt to them, also the EXP was a nice change and noticeable
    Lisandra and Crystilla like this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Lame, I thought that was a good change to balancing the raid rares concept, requiring one to actively "adventure" in current content to obtain them, rather than farm plat or buy krono.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Garshok Augur

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

Meanwhile the folks trying to pop a named for Hunter achievements or loot - stuff that I thought SOE would say is 'OK' to do for fun - lose out.

SOE has already got code from the 'one off' raids so a lockout can be assigned when a task is granted. Simply assigning a one hour lockout when an HA was requested would have a) negated much of the value overgeared folks would get from flipping instances, encouraged/forced players to at least do multiple HAs and c) not have negatively impacted people doing Hunters or collections as much exp-wise.

Can a dev try to explain to us what their goals were when they first put the EXP nerfs in just before TDS design lock, and how they see the whole collection of nerfs in terms of meeting those goals?
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Zantor Augur

I just like how they are nerfing HA's yet again, most found a way around the previous nerf, so now they are nerfing that way. Still boggles my mind that SoE won't let people play the way they want to and not the way SoE wants them to.

I have a high play time, but a lot of others I know do not have a high playtime and rely on grinding HA's for faster XP to try to keep up and all this is making it harder for them and I know some will probably get discouraged cause some of their friends are so much more ahead of them and quit. You are killing features that keep people playing this game, why?
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

It's not a nerf it's a fix. Going out and doing things in the world will catch them up a lot faster as far as actually playing the game compared to grinding Gribble all day. It creates Gribble noobs that can't seem to figure out anything else.
    Zentara likes this.
  12. Stephen51 Augur

Yes bad news on HA's, very little point using Double xp on them after this patch, lets hope the xp in the new expansion makes up for it.
  13. Apoc Augur

Also who is casting a claw spell with improved twincast up Lolol it only overwrites ITC if you proc a twincast
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They went in the zone, did the kills, recording the final result exp of each kill, completed the task, recording the task granted exp. Total to get a number (A). Reduced kill exp, ran through it, did the kills, recorded the final result exp of each kill, Added the totals to the completed task exp. Got value B. Subtract A from B see the result C. Add C to the final completed task exp. Ran through the errand, recorded the final result exp of each kill, completed the task with the new value exp, came up with total D. Confirmed that A = D . Since they actually DID it in the actual zones, all ZEM mods were accounted for. It was not done from data in the database, but from actual numbers in game.

In short... yes, the ZEM modifier on kill exp is actually included.
  15. Marshall Maathers Augur

This also could have been from how they tweaked the rewards of the HAs based on their difficulty.
    Crystilla likes this.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

What the second quote said is why. This is about the spells/disciplines that do physical damage. The physical resist does not affect standard melee swings and such. The numbers are NOT where we wanted them, so they did need changing. If spell resistance is also off we can look at it, but it does not seem like spell resistance is out of whack like physical resistance was (is on live servers)
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes, physical resist DOES work differently than spell resistance. It scales in a totally different way. I don't have the details, but it definitely works differently.
    Iila likes this.
  18. Slasher Augur

You did the exact opposite of what your players wanted.

Heroics gave too much XP BECAUSE of the hail reward not the dam kill xp from trash. Man I wish I played a game the devs actually played and understood because this change is absurd. Just say it you don't want people doing the same heroics anymore. You tell us just drop the task to not get the lockout and now you nerf the kill xp. We were already getting half the XP because of not hailing the NPC. I'll just stop now because what I have to say about this dev team would get me banned.

Read this and understand it. You're driving your customers away from the game. Maybe that is what you want.
    silku, Lisandra and Mintalie like this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

correct
  20. Crystilla Augur

Sorry but the majority of the issue came from people NOT finishing the actual quest and instead flipping missions after the 'easy' part of the mission was completed.