Test Update 11/12/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Axxius Augur

XP reward for completing the HA is not affected by ZEM. Now most of the kill XP has been taken off the mobs and added to the completion reward. So unless they multiplied that XP by ZEM of the corresponding HA zone, it's going to be a huge nerf.

Did they multiply it?
    silku and Garshok like this.
  2. Garanle Elder

Hello,

Quick question when you butterfly patch things is there much thought put into the outcome?

Reducing the exp in heroics will now make them a bad place to go and burn a lesson, or use EXP pots essentially I am done running them after this patch goes live. So where do we do that now, in an expansion where everything is poorly planned (Ie thanks for giving necros an aa to kite with only to have all the mobs summon)?

Could you please explain your thought process behind the nerf to heroics? The full process on where you thought people would then go to level and the positives and negatives?

After all the backlash on the forums over the TDS roll out do you really think that this is a good solution to a problem people are not having?
    beryon, Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  3. guado Augur

/veto

If you guys are really going to do this, the lockout on heroic adventures needs to go down from 3 hours to 0 hours and 0 minutes. In addition, boosting the XP in most TDS zones is absolutely necessary. It is a dire change if you insist on keeping a lockout on heroic adventures.
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  4. Axxius Augur

Ooh ooh Solteris! :D
    Marton, Lisandra, Esero and 1 other person like this.
  5. Edrick Augur

Prathun, or anybody, would it be possible to get a comment on the current drop rate of spell runes in TDS, and the lack of mission chests in the missions? Are both intended? Can they be reconsidered?
    Odiosus and Lisandra like this.
  6. Apoc Augur

So why did physical damage resistance get reduced but not spell resistance lol melee was already competing well lol
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Edrick Augur

Pretty much everything melee was getting resisted, it was a -135 check instead of -35 or something along those lines
    Esero likes this.
  8. Slasher Augur

yep they just killed heroics not sure why we're shocked they did the same to MMs and Ldons. They make content that scales so its always relevant waste all that time developing the system and now no one will ever do them unless they have to.
  9. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Neat on that, but... did you guys doublecheck that this will not cause issues with the TLPS? With the mount key ring being linked to an expansion that is not unlocked there and all that...
  10. Elskidor Augur

And that's the biggest hunk of junk from them. Make something people like and then nerf it in such a way people will hardly ever use it again.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Iila Augur

A bunch of physical resist checks on melee spells were changed from something like -135, to values around -30 or 6.

Do physical resist mods work differently than spell resist mods? Or were physical resists on mobs lowered at the same time that resist mods on the abilities being resisted too much also get reduced?
  12. Cerris Augur

Not damage resistance, this affects things like Ranger Flusterbolt and Rogue traps which are on "Physical" resist. I didn't take a lot of time to test it out, but before this patch Fluster and Bluster were very unreliable in CoTF zones past T1.
    Versifier likes this.
  13. Garshok Augur

No, they don't. They get guidance from the same brainiacs who took almost a year to figure out that a) running discounts on SC game cards along with b) double and triple SC weekends, combined with c) letting players buy subscriptions with SC was going to d) result in reduced income from player subscriptions.

And hey, they a) told us in Sense Heading the day before TDS launched that they were going to do this, b) had limited developer comment the next day when TDS came out, and c) have avoided making any comment in that thread or any thread in the Veteran's Forum on these issues since. Feedback from after TDS was released isn't necessary- they know what needs to be done. Who needs player feedback from after TDS release?

We've made the mistake of assuming that 'Sense Heading' is where they want to get player feedback. It's really so we can get a(n often cryptic) sense of where the devs are pushing the game, regardless of what the customers think. Customers who can also tell them how what they are doing is NOT going to get them the result that they want? Sorry, feedback not required.
    silku, Melanippe and Lisandra like this.
  14. Odiosus Journeyman

Yes please! Honestly I would say these two points are my biggest frustration with the expansion. Spell motes are on the bazaar at roughly 500k - 800k per and after having completed 4 zones worth of progression and repeating the HA to get the Siren augment about 20 times, I have seen one single spell mote. There is absolutely zero motivation to go back and do progression missions again which will make it much harder for the folks who aren't quite ready for them.

While I'm not a fan of the experience nerfs, 105 was still not too bad. Acquiring roughly 75 spell motes across 3 toons will be insanely time consuming, expensive, or impractical. (And yes, I understand you don't have to have rank 2's of all your spells but I am a completionist and I know I'm not the only one)
    silku and Lisandra like this.
  15. Shang Augur

Thanks for the ranger changes.
  16. Goth Augur

As i had this before i was FTP will i have to be gold to buy Phalanx of Fury? I am way over the FTP cap and not really wanting to do gold just to get an ability i had prior to this change.
  17. Feradach Augur

Fantastic. Looking forward to this one going live.
  18. Sashnia Elder

Heroic Adventure Lesson of the devoted XP reduction

My understanding is that lesson of the devoted does not affect rewards from missions/tasks, but does double the experience from kills.

On this basis, even though the perceived experience is the same from HAs, under lesson of the devoted we will now get a considerable amount LESS from HAs than we did before because doubling less XP per mob kill will have a huge impact.
    Yinla, silku, Axxius and 4 others like this.
  19. Sashnia Elder

The other side effect to this is that purchasing bottle of adventure(s) is now LESS rewarding and ultimately not worth doing.

Good job on nerfing your own micro transactions SOE :)
    silku, Melanippe, CaptAmazing and 4 others like this.
  20. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Two things I noticed --

I ran 2 HA's last night, both resulted in much less EXP then previously. There is a post above that mentioned EXP at the end, the reward is not multiplied by the ZEM, so even though you moved EXP to the end, the loss off the ZEM mod on a per kill basis, nets into a loss of EXP at the end. I was about 25% less EXP for each HA's tonight from what the same HA's gave the night before

Second, were Mercs tweaked in this patch? Both the CLR and TANK merc still have less then 5000AC at 105, and they both still get romped. Currently the level 100 merc on my other character tanks far far better in lvl 105 HA's then my lvl 105 Tank merc still after this patch.
    Lisandra likes this.