Update Bugs 10/28/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Would SOE please confirm or deny that giving your tank merc a shield (mercenary equipment) prevents it from dual wielding, cutting aggro and damage by a large amount?

Player tanks actually create more aggro and damage with a sword and board, so this is not as expected.

Post here mentions the issue: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/merc-nurf.214786/page-8#post-3142602

The reason I wish to know is so I can warn my guildmates (and general public) to not give their tank merc a shield until this bug has been fixed.

Thank you.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Bug: Paladin AA: Yaulp

When we first got this aa, it was saddled with the annoying characteristic of fading when we sat down.

In 2014, that was removed (thankfully). With this latest hotfix, that annoyance has returned. Please remove the fade-on-sit component again.
  3. Numiko Augur

Ding'ed 102 and now my cleric merc is overwriting my level 100 druid HP buffs.

have not got the 102 buff yet to check that one, but still I do not think it should be overwritting Granitebark Blessing.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Merc clerics constantly overwrite druid skin spells. On my druid I have the spells blocked. It's the only way to be sure.
  5. Silv Augur

Not reading 7 pages to check if this was posted so apologies if it's a duplicate report:

The Magician TDS spell Coronal Rain (Lv. 103, Rk. 1) description states: Summons an elemental bodyguard to protect you for 15530 seconds. This is an AE Rain spell. The damage is 15530.

This should be updated.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Silv Augur

It still happens with the Lv. 102 Druid Skin (Shieldstone Skin). Like Fanra said, the only sure fix is to buff block Cert/Surety (Lv. 100+ Clr upgrade). They will just symbol you then but you lose out on the AC since Cleric mercs won't cast single target AC. :(
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Paladin AA mount "Holy Warhorse" seems to have been left out of the conversion to clicky items (so it can be dumped into the mount keyring). This was the aa mount from purchasing the PoR box version of the expansion.
  8. Syndyania New Member

In the quest HA Castle Relic, Commander Alast Degmar HP locked at 25% on the second time that we encountered him in the jail. We cleared the entire room, but initially we pulled him out of the room after we killed the 5 escaped prisoners. We evaced to reset it, went back in killed him down again and still the same thing. So after three separate attempts to kill him the 2nd time he HP locks at 25% and we could sit there and beat him all night. According to the quest, we are supposed to retrieve the key from him any way we can, but we are unable to get the key, as he is stuck at 25%. Please help :)
  9. Dibab Augur

this.. it gets really annoying
  10. Drewie Augur

Killing "a praetor ledalus" in Combine Dredge doesn't update the mercenary task Armored Extremists : "Kill 7 praetors, noctis or lucem."
  11. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The bard AA Hastened Fierce Eye 7 (new TDS rank) *sometimes* does not work.

It occasionally will not fire for a full minute (reverts to 4 min reuse, current reuse should be 3 minutes with new AA). I've tested it many times, I removed FE from a hotkey and now click it manually. It still habitually will not fire until 4 minutes has passed. The hotkey correctly shows 3 min reuse, and pops back up after 3 minutes, but will not fire when clicked.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

There's two different methods of control clicking. Left vs Right. One of the clicks swaps items, the other dumps them into the bag. I don't recall which one is which. Could that be the problem?
  13. Silv Augur

Oh I haven't bugged this in a while so here we go...

The new Lv. 104 Enchanter spell "Legion of Lucem" is blocked/dropped by Geomantra despite the vastly inferior effect of the latter. Please fix the stacking. Just change Geomantra to 19 or 20% already and be done with it. People bouncing spellshield on Arx 1 raid makes me a grumpy cat.

To emphasize:

I just bought an item in the bazaar with Geomantra III. THREE. Not only does it block my Lv 104 spell it also drops my spell if I click the item and cast Geomantra III. THREE. :eek:

Seriously...

ps. Geomantra I was introduced in GOD. We're up to XVII now if that gives you any idea why 3 is ridiculous.
    RPoo likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Any word on this?
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

I was having the exact same issue with Auto attack on not toggling.
  16. Dalsina Lunrais

In the Tempest temple HA, the mobs that I think are suppose to be the crabs look like Humans.

Edit: I see from previous posts that this has been fixed. :rolleyes:
  17. Aurelio Elder

Had the same issue on AB. But he didn't fell through the world. He's invisible. Relogging fixed the problem for me. Some group members could see him, others not.

Brother Sprudd was also invisible.
  18. Deillusional Augur

illussion thael ew gives a human model too.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

About that "blue thing" on the hotbars.
    Best I could do to replicate:
    Move all your mounts to the new "keyring". (why not?)
    Hotkey the mounts from there to to hotbars.
    All other instances of that space (ex #4) on all the pages on that hotbar will turn dark blue.

-R
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We tried 6 times and could not reproduce this (and yes, I turned OFF my GM flag).
    Despite that, we came up with a few more safeguards that can hopefully fix your edge case, however you are getting into that situation. I am *NOT* sure at this time when a fix will be in. (it may be a hotfix, but I want a few more tests before I say go.) Since we are just making educated guesses, this is only a potential fix and may not solve the issue.

NOTE: this task has been completed by players 16 times on the Rathe server (235 across all servers), so it is possible to complete it.

In the short term, My best suggestion is to make sure you let the Commander get to his destination, and leave him alone for about 10 seconds.