Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Ganaldarr New Member

Could always just bank the heroic character until the change is made. I want to make a bard alt but I'm gonna wait on that till I find out more.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I ment to purchase, but patch info is always useful. :)
  3. Rorce Augur

I threw together a quick video of the Pirate Ship House, for anyone who was interesting in seeing it:

IceSy and Greymantle like this.
  4. Jordis Augur

The offerings of EQ2 are definitely better. I'm beginning to wonder if all the money I've been spednign in the Marketplace and for All Access accounts isn't being funneled directly into EQ2 and Landmark...which I will never play. Everquest is it. I don't have the time or money to be playing games that require expensive

I don't think the developers get why people would stay and pay to play EQ even though it's not up on the latest engine, graphics or whatever. It has a shared history, and a culture that varies slightly from server to server. There are a lot of ways to play and things to do, people coming back from EQ2 mention that, WoW people talk about the non-grouping, dumbed down game they left..and and complain here we still are playing the game. If SoE did anything to promote EQ like they do the rest of the franchise we would have a lot more players.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Jordis Augur

The point is, that it's supposed to have cool stuff in it to make the additional expense worth it. It's not a matter of whether we need it; it's simply a matter of whether it's worth it to us or not. Obviously from the answers, the collector's edition isn't going to be popular. It becomes aggravating when other EQ "franchises" get more for their money than we do.
    Lisandra, Fenudir and guado like this.
  6. ArmyWarrior New Member

You people are spoiled. I'm glad there's nothing in the collection edition to tempt me because i don't want to spend that kind of money for an expansion PERIOD!
    Fenudir and Metanis like this.
  7. Nymster New Member

Voicing ones Opinion about whether they are getting a fair price what is offered to them is not Spoiled it is a wise thing to do.

If they do not offer a good deal for the price they are asking players should not buy the product.

Voicing their opinions lets SOE know what they should have done if they (SOE) wanted to make more $ale$ off the Collectors Edition and a lesser extent the regular TDS Expansion.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. ArmyWarrior New Member

It's an opinion yes but we went from getting nothing in expansions to getting what they give us and the more they give us the more people want. And yes i agree the price is way to high.
  9. Warmonk New Member

Just a little historical reference............

In today's times I don't see the price change reflecting with the rest of the economy. The expansions have always been priced accordingly to market demands. However I don't see that adding a free toon and some cash will entice any of the veteran players needs.

I only see the added enhancement of a free toon to being a benefit to " NEW " players. Veteran players still require long awaited customer server issues, game bugs etc,. if we are going to keep this alive. I think that adding some server diversity will help in aspects of additional merc and player uses. FV server was granted the use of tradable armor, but having a server that allows multiple raid and quests mercs will definitely assist with some of the player population issues that us veteran players suffer from.

Anything to get back to the days of group oriented play instead of everyone trying to excel as fast as they can to only accomplish nothing more than a solo act. I definitely like the newer additions that's been added over the years but a more realistic approach of keeping this game alive another five more years would be to go back to drawing board and bring back that PoP way of thinking.

Warmonk of Test Server
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Melanippe Augur

For the first time since I began playing, I will not be purchasing the new expansion at launch. I was always one of those folks who pre-ordered whenever it was announced. Since the introduction of "Collector's Editions" I have always gotten one. I have happily spent money in the Marketplace for various housing items (Kudos to The PlayerStudio), silly little familiars for the fun of it, big bags, potions, even a mount or two. I have made numerous friends from around the world while playing EverQuest. I have played through thick and thin, through the wild swings of the Nerf Bat(tm), through the continued and growing indifference of SoE management, through the lackadaisical production of the development teams in recent years, none of it was ever enough to consider throwing in the towel...until now. :(

As an All Access account which recently auto-renewed for a year, SoE has that money in its money bag already. Money for a new expansion will not be forthcoming until something is done to convince me ( and most if not all of my guild mates) that spending $40 or $90 won't penalize us for playing the game!

Melanippe, Level 100 Shaman, The Rathe.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1096501
    Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 14 years, 240 days.
    Lisandra and Aanuvane like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't see a discount for Standard expansion. However, I foresee a large possibility of a sale (or bonus item) on Collector's Edition between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Roshen, can you rule this possibility in or out?
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Why would they? Heroic Characters don't say that they will make you 15 levels from the level cap, they say that they will instantly boost you to level 85. There is no reason for them to ever change that; it makes more sense to wait and every 15-20 levels add a new type of HC that went higher.

On other topics, all the people complaining about the price, it is the same as it has always been since the inception of the Collector's Editions. The only difference, as many have stated, is that since there are no pre-orders this year then there are no pre-order discounts. As far as the what that extra $50 gets you, there is HC + Boathouse + Merc Skin + extra Fluff, which IMO is not unreasonable. However, the HC is worthless to me; if it was one or two big bags then I would be game, but a HC holds no use for me.

If you are trying to market the new expansion to new players, then, yes, a HC is a good idea.
    If you are trying to market the new expansion to existing players, then a big bag, a hub zone clicky, or semi useful item is the way to go.
  13. Elvin New Member

So ummm its been like 9 years and my fiancee and I are returning to EQ and I am totally clueless where you actually BUY the expac? I dont see anything at all on the eq site about downloading it, do you all still release on DVD at like GameStop or something? We have 4 accts all with all but the last 2 expacs so we will def buy them and prob the collectors edition, but I dont see anyplace to actually get it at lol. Maybe im just a total nub and missing it...
  14. Gamguren New Member

see UK members and poss other non us members are being conned yet again with purchase price and conversion rate, SOE price of new expac $39.99 dollars at current conversion rate that equates to £24.73 yet we are being charged £29.99 (£26.59 with 10% gold discount)
  15. Brohg Augur

Okay, so I got a chuckle out of this

[IMG]
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Like the little bubble saying BEST BUY is going to get me to buy the CE at that price. No physical disk, box or anything and at that amazing price.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Go to www.soe.com and log in, then scroll down and click on everquest, then on the right side above the PLAY FREE click on the "shop" icon. Under there click on the second tab "expansions" and you can purchase it there.
    Elvin likes this.
  18. Sostenes Augur

Roshen,

Would it be possible in the future to make the paintings do something? i.e. a painting of TDS transports you to TDS T1 zone, painting of CoTF transports you to ETWK, painting of RoF transports you to Shards, etc

They would have maybe a 1 hour cool down or 2 hour cool down, that would be amazing! I'd buy paintings like that for SC or if they were part of an expansion :)

Sostenes
    Lisandra and Geroblue like this.
  19. IceSy Augur

I was at SOE Live, have an All Access Account,. and it wants me to order TDS? Really? I hope these get updated soon. :confused:
  20. Geroblue Augur

And be placable in the regular guild halls.
    Sostenes likes this.