Manage Your Mounts with a Mount Key Ring

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]
    The Mount Key Ring is an exciting new feature included with The Darkened Sea! On accounts for which you’ve bought The Darkened Sea, you’ll be able to free up some of your precious bag space and easily locate your favorite mounts with this handy mount storage location. In addition to this, you’ll be able to assign a “stat mount” to receive the stat bonuses from, while keeping the appearance from another mount.

[IMG]

So, if you love the stats on your Hobby Horse, but prefer the appearance of your Shadowknight’s Severed Hand, it’s no problem! By allowing separate stat and appearance mount settings, the Mount Key Ring gives you more ways to customize your ride in-game!

Each character will start with a Mount Key Ring that has ten mount slots. Fill these up with some of your favorite mounts! Do you have a really large collection of beasts at your command? Don’t worry, because additional Key Ring slots can be purchased from the Marketplace as extra storage space for your four-legged friends. Additionally, if you want to switch the mounts stored on your Mount Key Ring, you can easily add or remove mounts just like any other inventory space you have access to. This gives you the flexibility to always be just a call away from your most trusted companions.

But wait, this magical Mount Key Ring also has another exciting feature! Mounts purchased from the Marketplace will have their own slot on your Mount Key Ring. You will automatically receive an additional mount slot whenever you add a Marketplace mount to your Mount Key Ring. This slot will go away if you remove that Marketplace mount. This feature allows you to move Heirloom Marketplace mounts between characters, without fear of running out of space on your Mount Key Ring!

The storm is brewing; which mounts will you bring with as you enter The Darkened Sea on November 11? If you’re an All-Access member, you get 10% off this expansion, and you can purchase and play it two weeks early, starting on Tuesday, October 28, 2014! What are some of the first mounts you will add to your new Mount Key Ring?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

"Buy Slots." Nickel and dime us already…:)
    Lisandra and Iila like this.
  3. Furn New Member

ya what did they say 200 + slots during SOE Live ? They never mentioned buying the expansion only gives you access to 5% of them and you have to pay for rest of them.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I remember that moment. It will get worse with Illusion key ring. Oh wait, that's for sale for 1500 Station Cash too?
  5. Feradach Augur

You say 'nickel and dime' like it's a bad thing. Micro-transactions go hand-in-hand with free-to-play. Overall, this model is good for the game.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Good point. If the cash stayed within EQ and we saw the results. I fear it is just for the EQ Next money pit.
    Lisandra, Jordis and Ratbo Peep like this.
  7. Riou EQResource

128 slots iirc, they never said you got all of them for free
  8. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

And they never said we'd have to pay. honestly, too many people defending SOE's poor behavior, IMO!
    Lisandra and Melanippe like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

Look at basically every feature they add that is expand-able, it all costs you money to expand the feature to its limits. It shouldn't be expected to receive anything "Free" from SOE :p

Whenever they announce something new you should always ask how much it will cost you to max it out.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Let me make a key point though. The Mount Keyring was touted as a major - if not, leading - expansion feature. It would have been on the order of something like the free Extended Target Window or Tribute feature.
    Lisandra, Jordis and RangerDanger#1 like this.
  11. Knight-errant Journeyman

A feature from a $40 expansion, but we have to buy extra slots? o_O Shame on you.
    Lisandra, Ratbo Peep and Benito like this.
  12. Fendy Augur

I don't see a need to carry around more than 10 mounts. I use 2 or 3 and the rest are placed on my property.
    Aanuvane and Lisandra like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

True. That is the point in some ways. Why have a "Buy Slots" button hanging around when more slots are moot but for a few players and when it merely leaves the bad taste/eyesore for the rest? It is like all of those airline fees or hotel add-ons - you can make the point that it is because those businesses "break even" but it is pure profit here for SOE.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Look Bro, I was at SOE Live. They never even eluded to paying to upgrade. Infact when the question was brought up how many it could hold they made some lame joke about if you own that many mounts "thank you".

Were being bamboozled IMO, with this, the Gods illusion, just to name two of an on going degradation of my loyalty.
    Lisandra and Benito like this.
  15. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Yup. Misleading, IMO.
    Lisandra and complexication like this.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'm excited!!! Are you excited??
    /sarcasm off
    -R
    Lisandra and complexication like this.
  17. Tobin Augur

You do know we pay twice - The mounts cost SC too and now you have to pay to store them.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Xeladom Augur

And $40 expansion cost and 12-15 a month whatever it cost now.
  19. Goshdern_VZ New Member

I think practically this will work out as stated above; You'll put your fav few mounts in the slots that are "gifted" and then if you buy one from marketplace the slot is included.

So unless you're that one guy who HAS to have every single illusion, mount, etc in the game on him during the raid, you'll be fine.
  20. Tobin Augur

I'd like some clarification. All the amounts you bought in the past with SC come with their own slot or is it just future purchases? This is where I'm confused. And the reason for my post above.