Dive into The Darkened Sea with these Bonus Items!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Fendy Augur

Put the boat house (house boat?) on the marketplace. I'd rather just buy it separately.
  2. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

What I don't understand is why they are so cheap with virtual items, they could pack this thing full of little bonus items, they only have to make an item once then then can copy it to everyone.

Its not like they would have to get someone to build each item separately for every sale.

It just feels like they do things like this to antagonize people.
    juggalo and Lisandra like this.
  3. Jonny Panic Augur

Wow... $50 more...
    You guys remember that you're not paying for packaging or shipping anymore, right?
    Ebonylight-Xegony and Lisandra like this.
  4. Jordis Augur

I agree, it's just not worth it. The Ship is kind of cool, but I'd be a lot more interested if it weren't land-locked. I've bought the collector's version for some time, but this is one that I'm going to just get the basic. It looks like the problem is the download type of thing, it used to be fun to get the box with a miniature figure in it, a nifty map or something. The position of the rider on the raptor mount makes it a yard pet in my opinion. It's just too dumb looking to even think about. Why not some illusions or clickies of some kind? I'm not interested in merc skins either, I don't use the ones that I have because of all the odd sounds they make. Btw, thanks to whoever for making it possible to turn off the names on the mercs and pets.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That is inflation for you.
  6. Lisandra Augur

Well it's been $89.99 for several years at least as far back as House of Thule & probably further but yeah that collector's edition is pretty skimpy. Add some more stuff to it or expect it not to sell well & not fund any other SOE projects.
  7. Brosa Augur

For $90 (which is pretty ridiculous) I expect more in game useful items not fluff. Port clicky, a TDS collector container (maybe a treasure chest?), slot 3 stat aug, an evolving item of sorts. I'm not impressed at all and reiterate what others have said.This will be the first time in many expansions that I will not be buying the collectors addition on either of my accounts.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The Marketing folks probably saw their windfall profits (data) on big bag sales and purposely advised against implementing even a single-claim big bag for either expansion option.

Sad to see that they put the wagon before the horses - bottom-line cash flow before happy customers.
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  9. Edrick Augur

The higher ups at SOE are doing an excellent job with Everquest, although it's not what our definition of an excellent job is.

John Smedley has some questions to answer, but he shields himself from the community so well that it is impossible to get anything from him.
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  10. Hatsee Augur

First time I've seen the CE be worthless. A heroic toon? That should be tied to the base expansion to draw people in, not the CE.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Daddy New Member

would be awesome if you could add some waterfront property like Freeport docks to put boat at or even take a zone like ocean of tears and make a housing area that you could have boats on shore or something , they will appear a wee bit out of place when there is no water close by to have careened it from .
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. lefous Elder

90$ for collection edition and nada interseting not realy lol
  13. Bigbear Augur

i think for the first two weeks that the collector's edition should be $59.99 like our old pre-order prices and then maybe just maybe its worth it. but there still needs to be some bags thrown in there and/or mounts and another painting ( Painting: Call of the Forsaken (box art))

this year sounds like SOE marketing team wanted to loose money instead of make some... not gonna be very many CE expansion sales
  14. Clueless Journeyman

Look I like EQ. I have played it for way to long. maybe 9 years now. 1999-04, 10-present. Some people probably have played it longer than me. But an heroic character is pretty useless to me, I have 13 100 level characters. There are actually newer players that play this? The heroic characters dont do older players much good. Yes I have 2 master tailors, I have more unexpanded bags than I will ever need.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Brohg Augur

$50 upcharge for Heroic Character ($35 itself, but actual nothing to folks with a main character already), fancyhouse, and merc skin. Definitely already have more merc skins than I can keep stabled, let alone make use of. So we're left with $50 for fancyhouse. I'm disappointed to not be buying the collector's edition (x2) this time around, it's been my habit to have all the things but I just can't talk myself past the anemic enticement :(
  16. Slasher Augur

overpriced. We should not be paying the same for less. Would SOE pay employees the same for less work ?

Why not throw in a 36 slot bag for Collectors ? Charging twice as much for nothing more is absurd no one who would buy the collector edition cares about a heroic character.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I don't see the problem. If the collectors edition isn't worth it to you don't buy it. (I won't be this time around)
  18. shaiz New Member

bah, no bag...? Standard it is for me, I guess...
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That's the point. A ton of us who usually spring for it to support EQ, for the random goodies or who just generally want everything aren't going to do it again this year because of the higher than usual price coupled with the much more lackluster than usual benefits. A lot of folks learned their lesson with the entire CotF expansion or the recent god illusion snaffu.

It's not technically a "problem" for any of us, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Sony if they care about selling the higher priced version (who knows, maybe they don't). There's literally people here saying I *want* to buy the higher priced item, but it's so lackluster that the decision not to is being made for them by Sony.

If this stays as is, I'm willing to bet this is going to end up with the lowest collector's edition expansion sales since they started offering them in that model.
    juggalo likes this.
  20. Shiea Augur

So we buy the collectors edition for 89.99. Standard is 39.99. That's a $50 difference. And you get a heroic character as a bonus. But heroic characters when purchased separately cost $35. In the words of a wise wise man....... ALLLLLRIGHTTYYYY THEN! Add in 30 days of game time and you've got a deal. Otherwise, this will NOT be worth it for ANYBODY.