Heirloom Currencies

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gherig, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Is it possible to flag currency in the currency tab as heirloom?

Like most people who have played for a very long time, we have 1-2 raid characters, 1-2 heavily played alts and the rest mules or goof around toons on our accounts. Many of us are no longer 20 or 30-somethings but older and really don't have 10 hours a night to play.

It would be nice to be able to use some of that piling up currency to kit out our alts to reduce the farming commitment needed and free up much more actual playtime. Lets face, if we have been playing for 16 years, letting us move currency to alts is not going to reduce our playtime only enhance it, we will still be playing at year 20.
    Lifeshriek and Behee like this.
  2. Behee Augur

I like the idea, but I think maybe it could be for the FTP expansions (two back from current). That would be pretty great, and it's a reason to go Gold since raiding current expansions with FTP is challenging (to say the least).
  3. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Well most of the items purchased are Prestige so that would already limit the purchases for FTP, as a natural barrier to keep the gear in the appropriate subscription level already.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed. I talso see no reason not to flag "legacy currencies" as heirloom.
    And I agree with defining "legacy" as 2 or more expansions back from current.

-R
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Raid currency is already really good - you want it to be transferable to boot, to toons that haven't done the raids or unlocked the gear on the vendor? But it wouldn't be transferable to alts on other accounts? Don't really like this idea. We all end up with excess money over time, more so because of how cheap items are in some tiers.

Group gear would be ok with me I guess, but if one wants transferable raid gear, that's why there's FV.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You would be able to move currency YOU did the work for. I am just seeing of the DEVs are amenable to allowing us to move that currency to characters on the same account to extend the use of that excess currency on the same account. There is no real advantage here, you cant play both toons at once.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There's a lot of advantage. At some point during the farm if one plays enough you max out, at that point your currency is wasted on your main. Giving it to toons that haven't actually completed the raid it came from, flagged or were gimped in doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Raid currency is powerful enough as is.

Plus, many of the vets have multiple accounts, and if going down this road, why couldn't we use the same currency on our other toons not on the same account? One would think sony would want to encourage multiple accounts, but it's already a slippery slope.
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This request is for same account ONLY. There is no discussion about making currency tradeable at all, you are comparing apples to oranges. We all know making it tradeable across other accounts is bad, this is not a discussion about that.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's the exact same logic/concept: you want to give toons that didn't participate in a raid the raid reward. (Granted, already can/does happen with rots a bit). Heirloom is just a way to prevent it from being tradeable to people that aren't you. But since so many box, that would be lousy to not be able to move the currency to one's second account (it's still me after all - I did the raid!).

On my main account there's 1 alt that I play regularly. On my 2nd account there's 6 or 7 toons that could benefit from this. Maybe SOE could make an heirloom that used billing information to validate identity? It's a slippery slope and isn't needed, imo.
  10. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Would be nice, but I agree it would have to only allow 2-3 expansions ago to be heirloom not the current content.
  11. Ruven_BB Augur

Which is completely different logging in a character after the event is over to pick up loot? Not saying I agree with the OP but your argument is flawed, characters that didn't earn raid loots are picking them up nightly in the current state.

Ruven
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't see a need for this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hence why I wrote: (Granted, already can/does happen with rots a bit).

The difference is everyone gets money, loot has to be won by whatever system one's guild uses.

Just don't think it's necessary.
  14. Lifeshriek Augur

if not heirloom currency, would be nice to be able to sell rof raid and lower items back for same currency, or have some kind of conversion system such as 1 medal of heroism can be traded down for 1 dreadstone can be traded down for 1 shadowstone etc. thanks :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It completely excludes those who only play one character per account, that is a very bad thing.