Ever Quest REBIRTH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zokaniz, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zokaniz Master

Salutations, I just wanted to share this Ideas...

*An new EverQuest expansion: In where ALL the old zones get upgraded with new graphics, like was done with South Ro, Commonlands, Freeport, etc. .

*On it, can contain a new window: In where you could be able to check your Faction in game, Like the /Achievements window, but one for see all the Faction as well.

*New Epic 3.0

*About levels: Leave the level cap at 105, and for improve better things for players, just introduce more Combat Abilities, Alternate Advancement, etc.

And any other great things that SOE may Add. (using this as Base). Thanks!
    FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 6 others like this.
  2. Sanh Elder

like the Epic 3.0 Idea, but PLEASE leave the old zones alone!!!! In fact, revert Commonlands and Sro to their former self.
    Shiea, RED_LINE, Dre. and 9 others like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

1. Much of the playerbase does not like classic zones being permanently changed, so no.
    2. That might be ok, if faction really mattered in today's game, but it pretty much doesn't outside of a few rare spots, so why put resources to monitoring it?
    3. They've repeatedly said no more epics, so no.
    4. Do we really need more buttons to mash? At 9-13k aa, didn't the devs say the totals were getting out of hand as is? (So no)
    RED_LINE and TheQxx like this.
  4. Benzarden Augur

Unfortunately, devs have said countless times that there won't be any more epics. I would like to see at least one amazing item per expansion locked behind a long/difficult quest line.
    RED_LINE, dimtekt, Ganton and 2 others like this.
  5. Siddar Augur

I don't oppose the idea of refreshing zones some of the original zones are simply bad looking. But at same time I don't like the way modern EQ builds otudoor zones. To many of them are generic looking are in the case of Valley in VoA just plain ugly. Beasts in VoA was a good zone but many of the other outdoor zones were simply bad. Prior refreshes of orginal zones were simply very bland smoothed over rounded and very generic looking. As opposed to the sharp edged angular nature of of Kunark Velious that looks very unique compared to modern games. Touching zone graphics any Kunark are Velious zone would be a huge mistake.

EQ should refresh EQ original zones but only if uses the art style of Kunark and Velious to do it.
  6. drkknight69 Journeyman

I for one love the way things look. When I first started EQ in 2000 yes the graphics were fine but in games I like the most realistic feel possible. So why not revamp the old zones to make them more like characters in plane of knowledge and not square and edged like kelethin and thurgadin. Just have the option in settings or within game to turn off new models and such for zones. Now for the epic 3.0 I hear people saying they not making anymore...well how about some quest to at least upgrade the 2.0 like they did with the shawls or something. With the increasing levels and power there should be an epic to match
    RED_LINE, Ganton and Zokaniz like this.
  7. Benzarden Augur

The reason they don't want to do another epic is because they don't want a piece of loot to be BiS for multiple tiers/expansions. Even though Burden of Truth and Bloodstained Shoulders have multi-tier/expansion relevance, I guess the justification is the rarity and that they aren't crucial to a class like an epic is.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  8. Iila Augur

They have to make 16 unique quests that most people will only see 1-3 of. It's a ton of time and resources that goes mostly unseen.
    RED_LINE and Perplexed like this.
  9. Shang Augur

Illa is closer to correct as to why they aren't doing more epics.

In Depths of Darkhollow, they put out a note saying why they were discontinuing them.

The gist was, to create a unique quest such as an epic, a developer would have to spend 1.5 weeks per class.

16 classes * 1.5 = 24 weeks, or 6 months.

So, one Developer would need to spend nearly half a year working on Epic Quests. Each one of the 16 quests would only be completed by 1/16th of the classes playing.

Why would you want 1 quest for yourself, when you could have 16? (was the general argument)
    RED_LINE, Dramatime and Perplexed like this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Do you have any idea how many zones there are in EQ? :eek:

Even if you call 'old' only the zones created before the switch to DX9 (i.e. before Gates of Discord) that would still take years for the dev team to upgrade to new graphics.
    RED_LINE, Vildayve, Zokaniz and 2 others like this.
  11. Wayylon Augur

I'd love to see old zones made lvl 100+ but keep the same graphics. Kunark would be my first choice, love every zone on the continent.

I'd also like to see the original items upgraded in a way that wasn't so cookie cutter, Kunark/Velious etc had a lot of class specific weapons with unique procs for instance.
    RED_LINE and Obiziana like this.
  12. Leerah Augur

THIS!
  13. Behee Augur

As for epics -- it was a design flaw in the original EQ expansions. They used to make you buy each one, and didn't include previous expansions like they do today. And with FTP everyone has expansions up to (current - 2).

So, each expansion has to rebuild a new epic for each class and they never knew which content any one player had access to. None of that applies any longer. They could now have epic quests, another leg of which exists in various expansions which in turn produces an upgraded epic. They could also have an epic augment with a similar epic quest, perhaps one that is not class specific (ie each archtype might have its own epic augment).

The maintenance of such a thing should not be overbearing. They could even use the existing finished epic as the starting point for the new ongoing epics. And the raid requirements also change over time as fewer character are needed to do older content, it's just one more reason to do older raid content.
    RED_LINE, Ganton and Zokaniz like this.
  14. Wayylon Augur

I never really was a huge fan of epics, pretty much forces every class into using the same weapon as everyone else in that class...I like variety and choice.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  15. Mysl Augur

I think I am one of those handful of players who is happy to see no more epics. I was in a family guild back then, and everynight, you logged into the guild chat full of "anyone on that can help me to work on my epic?". God forbid if you are a tank or a cleric, and just want to play that day. The whole epic 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 were just a mess. I know Crystilla always fondly remember her cleric 1.0 fight, but I submitted that she plays a cleric, if she plays other classes, she may have a different memory. ;)
    RED_LINE, Elricvonclief and Perplexed like this.
  16. Garshok Augur

May we never have another zone revamp like Freeport.
    RED_LINE, Sasenach, Sancus and 12 others like this.
  17. Melanippe Augur

New zone graphics: How many zones? You count them! http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?mode=bytype
    The amount of time required to just be sure that every task/quest/mission continues to work as intended would be staggering. Time better spent creating new content etc., not to mention being sure that existing content works as intended.

Epic 3.0: Sixteen classes each requiring a quest or series of quests to complete? As has been mentioned, the question of creating Epic 3.0 has been asked AND answered a myriad number of times over the years. Personally I was and continue to be a fan of epics however, developer time would be better utilized in seeing that the quests/tasks/missions currently in game actually work as intended.

Faction: You are already given information on the "faction hits" while killing mobs etc. I rather expect the number of different factions in EverQuest numbers in the thousands. Developer time required to keep track of that many factions for every character, seriously??!! To what point, in other words, WHY? They haven't even finished the Achievement information for earlier expansions as it stands now! If you want to know what your faction is with a particular NPC or mob, it's quite simple really. Go find said NPC or mob and /con it !!
    RED_LINE likes this.
  18. Melanippe Augur

You do realize that not every character in EverQuest is level 100. You do realize that such a request would remove two expansion's worth of content from the reach of lower level characters who, I might add, just might LIKE a chance to acquire those class specific weapons of which you speak.
    RED_LINE and Acidon like this.
  19. Melanippe Augur

Players have always had variety and choice. It was an accomplishment to acquire ones epic. It never meant that every class was "forced" into using the same weapon. In fact, while having an epic was very useful for particular classes, most players bagged it for use in specific situations and used the better weapons available to them. They still do that today.
  20. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

They have a Factions tab on your character window in EQ2, with graphical bars to show how bad or good your faction is. Why not in EQ1? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.