Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Crystilla Augur

I'm in the camp with all other players on this ... though SoE obviously wanted to keep this limited.

Suggestions I'd had (and shared) - make this like those later biC pieces where 0-3 dropped, create a 2nd aug with less than 50 AC and add it to the drop list (something that tanks would actually 'allow' others to go in on), etc.
  2. Sheaffer Augur

If your guild is a dkp guild, I don't see why youd change the bidding rules for tank only. It's not a gamebreaking drop. There is no reason a limited time aug on a short fun raid shouldnt be open to bidding by everyone
  3. Mintalie Augur

^^ This. Unfortunately it's caused some consternation in our guild but I don't get to make the rules. Still sucks. I know lots of non-tanks who want this and just absolutely have no chance to get it.
  4. Breaknek The Bouncer Journeyman

My guild has gotten 15 of the Augs. We are a D.K.P. guild and only 5 of the 15 were purchased by tanks.
  5. Corlen-Xeg Elder

22 Augs here with a distribution of:
    Warrior: 7
    Paladin: 5
    SK: 2
    Cleric: 2
    Necro: 2
    Shaman: 1
    Druid: 1
    Chanter: 1
    Mage: 1
  6. Iila Augur

What's our drop percent this year?
  7. Corlen-Xeg Elder

I stopped adding in the non aug loot because it was getting dumb so not sure :)
  8. IDotPeople Augur

How about making it cursor loot, but only useable for 10 minutes every 2 hours?
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

T
    Thats crazy talk, anything over five minutes and it's way overpowered! :p
  10. Jonny Panic Augur

It's been bugging me that the Naggy raid doesn't give rewards in a pattern similar to other, normal raids... such as 1-2 items from list 1, 1-2 items from list 2, terrormotes, seals and so forth. This is a challenging raid for non-professional raiders, but in some ways the rewards are inferior.

I agree that the aug should be cursor loot, at the very least. Other gripes would be melee gear with no Endurance (I've already addressed with with Chandrok successfully on the Gauntlets of Fiery Might) and THREE single-class-only gear drops (bard, druid, shaman)... just about every raid I've been on has dropped at LEAST one Dru Crook.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Iila Augur

I have 14 nag kills in my logs this year. I've missed a night or two of them, including at least 1 aug. But the breakdown of drops I've seen is:

6 Red Dragon Scales
    7 Gold Plated Koshigatana
    9 Mighty Cloak of Flames
    11 Treasure Hunter`s Satchel
    8 Prayers of Life
    3 Bladestopper
    7 Selo`s Drums of the March
    5 Gauntlets of Fiery Might
    6 Blight, Hammer of the Scourge
    5 Hierophant`s Crook

Special shoutouts to Bloody for this excellent chest
    [Mon Aug 25 16:56:33 2014] Bloodydagger tells the guild, 'Red Dragon Scales, Prayers of Life, Bladestopper, Selo`s Drums of the March, Red Dragon Scales'

The aug really should be a locked 1 per a chest loot, or get a 2nd entry in the loot table. I'm really not looking forward to 5 way splitting this every 3 days next year.
  12. FawnTemplar Augur

I personally am too lazy to go through my logs for exact loot counts but I have done this 2-3 times every lockout cycle and have seen 2 red dragon scales. My group seems to have an obscene amount of Prayers, Bladestoppers, Hammers and Crooks. Sometimes getting 3 of one of the last three items listed at a time. That being said, another fellowship I know is also running this event twice every lock out cycle and they have received two chests that have 2 augs. in it each. Frustrating is all I can say... well that and jealousy, lots and lots or jealousy! (Good natured of course)
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

I'll preface this by saying I have neither the Nagafen aug nor the Grandmaster aug, but considering the matching AC and shield-usable flag I would have gone about both a different way than it's currently set up.

Firstly, because the Red Dragon Scales predate the Soul of the Grandmaster I would keep the Nagafen aug at 50 AC but bump the Soul up to 55 AC.
    The reason for this would be 2-fold (with thoughts about Scales potentially being cursor loot and Soul having some longevity to follow).

As it stands now, the disparity between the amount of effort to acquire either of the two is vastly different but in different ways.

Red Dragon Scales
    Form up a full raid of 54 people or as little as whatever it takes to get it down, eg., way less people. More groups working in parallel = higher potential frequency of augs dropping.
    2.5 day lockout.
    Limited time/limited attempts as it's only around for a relatively short period.

Soul of the Grandmaster
    There's no forming up of any number of people to attempt a chance at this aug without each and every one of them banging out a relatively long faction grind and quest process. There's just no two ways about it. (Unless you're the lucky few that managed the zonewide rare which is equivalent to once a day putting on a blindfold and throwing a stone up in the air in order to hit some random bird where they don't actually take flight too much.
    No lockout, Hunter /ach is enough to claim the Soul as an option (or potential chestloot from killing him) but you need to endeavor to get there first.

As long as Soul of the Grandmaster is the same AC as the Nagafen aug there's no reason (from a shield point of view) to spend any time in Plane of War.
    Obviously you'd benefit from having both but from a Shield standpoint it wouldn't matter; 50 AC is 50 AC.

With all that in mind, what I would have done is the following, with their justification, and what I would do for the foreseeable future:
    Bump up the AC on Soul of the Grandmaster and make Nagafen's Red Dragon Scales cursor-loot. You still have to beat the Nagafen raid and have your shiny shield AC BUT if you want the best there will always be that one aug that's just a little bit better for our shields that's going to take some effort to get; a lot of effort. You want even better then be prepared to put in the work.

For the amount of effort required to get the Soul of the Grandmaster I wouldn't introduce a shield-usable aug higher than it for some time. I appreciate that it's been out for some time but it should remain relevant for a while considering the effort put in to get it. (This also gets into new territory considering augs are already around 48/50 so who knows what The Darkened Sea brings but that's a whole other ball game).
  14. Qualzek Augur

Don't have a good opinion of this when we are 0-23 in getting the aug to drop
  15. Gochan Journeyman

When does the Naggy raid go away this year? If after almost 30 kills and we still have no augs to show for it some people are going to go away with it. This random loot generator is always going to seemingly screw some people but we are having terrible luck! 0-30 really? Fix this.

Goch
  16. Edrick Augur

The R in RNG means it is working as intended and nothing needs fixing. SOE can't fix luck.
  17. Riou EQResource

Wednesday
  18. Ravengloome Augur

I like your idea because my Grandmaster aug would have more AC.
    Orbital101 and Mykaylla like this.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

I sure hope I wont have to bank my Grandmaster aug anytime soon! or boost it up lf so lol and WTF is Ancient Power on Band of Umbrage... may aswell remove that click when I can just camp Beltron for 12% or Discord tower for 16% OH wich take half hrs compare to the weeks I invested into PoWar.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  20. Noirfu Augur

Our guild's gotten zero Dragon Scales in six runs this year.