Argin Phoenix work around?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mugsie, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Mugsie Elder

So, they 'fixed' the Argin raid / mission so that for some reason mobs that blow up and respawn now constantly randomly warp and seem to be basically shadowstepping an average of once a second (not exaggerating.)

I am tired of wasting our time trying to figure out the work around to FIX that they put in to help cheaters recover. We have tried lurching, killing at spawn, killing at middle, killing at outer walkway, and they still constantly warp. Please, post or message me what actually works to get around this junk.

Thank you,
    Mugsie
  2. Weebaaa Augur

We tank them on the center stage area (raised) and they behave.

Them seem to be leashed there
  3. Silv Augur

I've done the raid and group version many times - we usually tank them outside the center area and have 0 issues. They spawn normally as intended, all of them are hitting and attackable, and no warping the entire fight from twin spawn to final death. I'm honestly curious what people who are having this problem aren't doing that's making this occur. It seems certain locations trigger the bug and cause the warping whereas other spots do not.

If you are saying they are leashed to the center, this is not the case. I've always seen them spawn with the twins, wherever you're fighting them.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Mugsie Elder

Thanks for response. We had tried at Ariel and we had tried at middle and both had them warping like gnats on crack. Now we are going to try moving Ariel to middle and have them spawn on middle.

Mugs
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

We fight the majority of the event in the south west corner. We have our tanks/pullers get mobs from the middle & bring them there. We have rangers/druids root the imps & we peel them off 1 by 1 & then we fight the boss with the numerous adds in that same corner against the wall near where you zone in while focusing on his adds & slowly DPSing him down. Then we put Jahar on one side of that corner & Ariel on the other & then when we get phoenixes fight them in that area & haven't had any issues with warping before or after the patch. We've had a few blow up due to DPS being a bit too slow but that's just part of the event.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Lianeb Augur

We do it almost exactly like posted above. We used to move the raid to the center area to tank the Keepers. We noticed that after the patch the birds were warping around, it "seemed" like it only happened when the bird was on the lowest part of the floor in the center. We have since taken to not moving the raid and just continue with everything in the corner from the zone in to the left. Our strat is almost exactly like what is stated above now due to the warping. Done it twice since patch like this with no issues.
  7. Axxius Augur

I think the issue with the 'fix' is that the dev leashed the phoenixes to the event area too strictly, and the lowered floor in the center of the room is considered 'outside' of the area.

Just tank Arieal in the outer ring.
  8. Prathun Developer

This is correct. The tether has been changed so that it no longer thinks the NPC is out of bounds when it's in the lowered area of the room. Sorry for the inconvenience. This change is not yet on Live servers.
  9. Iila Augur

Will it be hotfixed, or does it need a full patch?
  10. Mugsie Elder

Thank you, and thank you for letting us know a correction is coming.

To confirm, having Ariel spawn adds on the raised area AND keeping them on the raised area results in controllable adds. Thank you to those who offered this advice.

Mugsie