SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I hope they aren't playing the clock on the second item, which might turn out to be a huge disappointment with a miscellaneous effect (i.e. Summons Milk/Cookies) or furniture.

PR strategy? Somehow cooler heads will prevail. No one can chargeback their card. And the second grant (where there will be no feedback) will be regarded as a final settlement.

So far there is no mention of even the type of item - illusion, mercenary, potions, misc. click, furniture? Announce specifics (on a good item) and you will cut the bad PR.

At this point, for the benefit of all involved, they should just remove the restrictions and call it a day.

Quite honestly, the more days that pass, the Guise of the Ancient Gods loses a lot of charm. I don't bother keeping an eye on the 2 hour recast after a few days. So it basically becomes a once-a-day item (sure the 30 minutes helps but still very limited).
    Girlfriend likes this.
  2. Raen Journeyman

If I would've known about the cooldown, I would have most definitely not have purchased this item.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

4. Zamiam Augur

any word from the dev's on what the 2nd Special item will be for those who have paid money for the not so kewl Illusion mask with a 2 hour recast timer.. granted them raising the time to 30min was a good gesture .. but that 2 hour recast still sux .. I want to know when and what that 2nd item will be .. dont want them to forget about all of us who paid.. Fanfare is over.. would appreciate an answer from the devs. although i dont speak for everyone im sure most if not all are looking for some type of multi clicky illusion item with special illusions with no recast delay .. whatever it is please make it Heirloom-able ..
    P.S. i know this wont happen but what about a T6 merc :p doesnt have to be uber just a slightly better than a T5 journeyman with a unique illusion on it
    OldCa61 likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

6. Zamiam Augur

hey Roshen , Can we get some kind of feedback about what the 2nd Item will be ?? have not heard hide nor hair from you Dev's on the subject (that I know of ) since August 19th.. thanks .. it would be greatly appreciated ..
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They were busy spending the windfall profits from the Guise sale at DragonCon. :p.

I checked out the EQ2 (66 slot bag w/ visual) and Planetside 2 (dollar/coin camo) rewards and they garner way more attention from other players.

Also, my Guise won't work in many "indoor" areas (i.e. within any building) as stated by posters above.

Hope to receive news of 2nd item soon.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Lucy's shows an ancient illusion added AUG 19th... Soooo possibly Mayong
  9. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

^^
    Also shows a spell called Illusion Ancient Mayong.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

The second SOE Live item, Metamorph Totem: Ancient Gods will be included in the September patch. This will be a pet illusion with the same cooldown and duration as the first SOE Live item (2 hour recast and 30 minute duration). This will also be a placeable housing item.

--

How this is all going to work after the patch: The previous SOE Live item will turn into "Bundle of the Ancient Gods." This will be a one time use item that will award both SOE Live items. This will make sure that everyone gets both items, regardless if they've used their code and/or in-game claim already, or not.

[IMG]

Clicking this item will give players BOTH of the SOE Live 2014 items, Guise of the Ancient Gods and Metamorph Totem: Ancient Gods.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Pwning Lorekeeper

This is wonderfully useless, just like the original item. How unimaginative of you all! Trash. How about them refunds instead? Or you fix the original item.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Agreed, as a warrior I'll never use this :p I probably won't even bother to place it in my house.
  13. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Complete garbage, I want my money back.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

First off, I [we] appreciate the gesture. I wish that the item concept was floated and feedback was gathered.

I am not sure of the utility of another highly restricted item at 30 minutes duration and 2 hour recast. Furthermore, as a house item or familiar, the following are already available (and they last for several hours):

Rallos Zek Puppet (Station Store):
    [IMG]

Erollisi's Doll (Station Store):

[IMG]

Solusek Ro Puppet (Loyalty Points):

[IMG]

I guess I am trying to say that the magnitude of value is not met. I think a lot of buyers were expecting something more permanent in the original Guise (no restrictions). The other games (Planetside 2, EQ2, DCUO, Dragon's Prophet) seem to have more permanent benefits (not only permanence but multiple claims allowed). (You could argue the $100 bills/coins camo in Planetside 2 is immersion-breaking there). I figured a mercenary contract or another "old world" illusion (regular duration) would have been in the works. I even think a regular duration Bristlebane/Chaotic Jester illusion would have been sweet. I suppose the big bone to throw would be to remove all restrictions from Metamorph (at the least) and/or possibly Guise (just to satisfy the whole situation).
  15. Fendy Augur

I've had to replace my Erollisi's Doll 3 times so far due to, er, deflation.
  16. Kela New Member

What about classes and people that don't have pets? I hate to complain especially this deep into a thread but this doesn't seem to solve a lot of the issues people had with the item to begin with if they are non-pet classes (but grats Mages, Necros, Beastlords, Shadowknights, Shaman, and Enchanters!)
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  17. Silv Augur

Okay, I'm not even getting these items and I find this ridiculous too! There is absolutely no reason why there should be such stringent restrictions on these items. Trust me, you're not going to ruin my immersion in EQ by allowing people to Illusion:god; as an Enchanter, that novelty was lost a long time ago when you could start buying illusions (and could not even turn them in for the spell if you were an Ench like many other in-game illusion items).

The point about classes that don't have pets is valid too. People aren't going to run around with useless familiars (well, they probably will but that is still a pretty lame compromise). What about past rewards? How do they compare to this year's reward?
    Gyurika Godofwar, lumin and Dhdcf like this.
  18. Zamiam Augur

I have already claimed the mask of the ancient gods , but if this 2nd item a lousy metamorph wand ( which i claimed the mask on my Pally ) hmm no pet with my pally .. and a lousy familiar that has no benifits is just lame.. I WANT A REFUND pls .. take your mask back and give me my 70 bucks back..
    Gyurika Godofwar and guado like this.
  19. Dhdcf New Member

Wow. Annnnd well y'all (Roshen and co.) should never have promoted the buying of soe live tickets simply to get the gift. Bad, bad business; and it's added to this mess. You should have kept this to ATTENDEES ONLY as doing so would have - at minimum - reduced the number of pssd off people!

SB
  20. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I call shenanigans.
    Truly.

1: What is with the "single claim" for EQ1 FF/SOE Live rewards? My EQ2, PS2, DP accounts have all been multi-claim.
    2: This item has been a farce since the announced "change."
    3: Petamorph compounds the farce.
    4: EQ2 "stealth" market price hike

People riding goats over there at SOE HQ?

Nice "incentive" for people going to these events... $50+ for a pass ($130+ for premium), $350+ for a room (for 3 nights, covering the main days), plane ticket: ~$200-$500 (domestic), $1,000+ (international), plus food & drink, plus SOE/sponsored vendors. Not even taking into account any off-site attractions....

The stuff doesn't need to be crazy good. It is a bonus perk. A bonus perk that brings in $1000's to SOE to offset the cost of the event. It can -at least- be as viable as an SC counterpart. Other games get items that are useful, powerful (or both), and sometimes just fluff also.

SOE priced these at $35 (based on the ability to sell the cards from the event).

I doubt ANY player here would buy this bundle from the SC store for $35, especially given the limitations.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dhdcf like this.