Druid AA chat recap

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Fendy Augur

My feeling thru the chat was that Elidroth doesn't like druids. Even his maybe's sounded like no's. Variations of the answer "not my area" bugged me. As in he wouldn't be bothered to forward the question to someone who's area it was. Or "I'd have to talk with (another dev)" sounded like it would be a chore, he probably wouldn't do it, or if he did he would discourage a positive response. Another class already asked for this. So? What answer did you give them? Are you against multiple classes having similar abilities? Because that's been expanded a few times already. Gate and forage come to mind.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I find IRC discussion close to being among the most inefficient ways to communicate. It requires both (all) parties to be online at the same time.

There is a reason that email, text messages, Private Messages, forums, etc., were created. The Dev can then ask for requests at any time. And people can respond at any time. There is no time limit. There aren't a bunch of other people waiting in line for their chance to speak (type). No need to rush or limit what you have to say.

I've already told the Devs my ideas for AAs. Generally, I don't have ideas for new ones. What I have are requests to 'fix' current ones. And my ideas generally get ignored. Or, possibly, they get noticed but no response is made to me or publicly, because the Dev does not feel they should bother or don't have the time to reply.

It could be they agree and are going to implement it when they can. Or that they think it is a bad idea. I don't know, it is rare to get feedback.

So, if Elidroth posts a forum thread asking what improvements we want for AAs, I supposed I could post, yet again, my requests. But one gets tired of posting things over and over that seem to fall into black holes.

Regardless, Elidroth and the other Devs do work hard and they have improved the game tremendously over the years. My 'annoyances' with the game are just things that I curse at when they happen and I move on. I told them my wishes and either they will not be implemented or they are on 'The List'.
  3. Moklianne Augur

I love how after years of Eli incorrectly implementing what we asked for, he is still willing to dig his heals in simply because he doesn't care for the Druid class.

No Druid uses this ability in its current form when you can instaclick group cheetah, then half a second later instaclick group invis. Once again, this shows how blatantly the devs don't understand the classes they create for.
  4. guado Augur

I loaded a shaman for buffs the other day. Had to run thru a zone where invis was necessary. I cast the shaman version, Group Spirit Walk, which does indeed cast 2 buffs, 1 for invis and 1 for runspeed.

Yet the Druid version is combined in 1 buff....

Edit: more context

[27500] Group Spirit Walk
    Classes: SHM/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 100', AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 1s
    Duration: 20m (200 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Levitate
    2: Cast: Invisibility of Group Spirit Walk
    3: Increase Movement Speed by 65%
    Text: You feel attuned with the spirits.
    This ability provides you with the ability to attune yourself with the spirits and move silently and quickly.

[27533] Invisibility of Group Spirit Walk
    Classes: SHM/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    Range: 100', AE Range: 50'
    Casting: 2s
    Duration: 20m (200 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    2: Invisibility
    Provides the invisibility portion of Spirit Walk.

vs

[32359] Hidden Communion of the Cheetah
    Classes: DRU/254
    Skill: Alteration
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    AE Range: 50'
    Casting: 0s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48s (8 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Invisibility
    6: Increase Movement Speed by 115%
    Text: You feel the spirit of cheetah enter you.
    Imbues you with the spirit of the cheetah, greatly increasing your movement speed for %z.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Shaman always get the good stuff first and druids get it, if they do at all, only much later after much complaining.

Remember how both shaman and necros got push root for like a year before we finally did?

So, eventually, if we bring it up a few more times, we might get our hidden cheetah fixed to where we actually want to use it. Right now I don't use it, I just use the group cheetah and then group inviso, as mentioned by Moklianne.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I was under the impression you are never supposed to mention a shaman spell period in a druid thread. Goes against some unwritten rule.

Comparing a druid spell and shaman counterparts? Get ready for this thread to be swarmed to the point of childish bickering.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Druids got their first Push Root in what like VOA?

Shaman got theirs in POP. < Thats a bit longer then a year ;)
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  8. Tarrin Augur

DoDh, level 69.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

O snap
  10. Zanatos Fox New Member

Code:
    /alt act 939
    /alt act 518

^^^^^
    Regardless of all the other arguments about roots and such, the fact remains that the above macro, which is also instant, is Far superior to Hidden Communion of the Cheetah. Zero reason for that ability to exist in its current state, making it a waste of development time to have been implemented. I just think there should be more thought put into some of these spells and abilities as to whether they will actually ever be used rather than just throwing them at us for the sake of it and claiming you are adding abilities to the game because of it.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I was logging into the game now to find the alt numbers to test this and then post it for everyone but you beat me to it :).
    guado and Zanatos Fox like this.
  12. Darl Journeyman

50% more increase in runspeed is the difference that was why cheetah had the invis included in it(spell version anyways) When the spell(not AA) was added i remember a discussion about it. It was strictly a travel buff, not a get away from danger, assuming that holds true for the AA, Maybe ask him if you can get a form that is only the same speed as FoE with invis included i dont know just throwing it out there that may be the difference.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I promise you I would never use a FoE+Invis AA...when I could just use a Invis+Cheetah Macro and it would be better.
  14. Nenton Augur

The other one I hope he reconsiders is increased tracking AA's. Bards passed Druids after 13+ years of the track order being Rangers --> Druids --> Bards. Doesn't quite make sense that the jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none class (skills-wise at least) leapfrogged Druids after all this time.
  15. Zanatos Fox New Member

Definitely agree on the tracking. Was disappointed to hear him flat out say no to that request. I don't see the reason for the opposition personally, especially considering Druids' traditional place in tracking skill with respect to Bards.
  16. Tarrin Augur

I didn't see the reason for the opposition or flat out no's to quite a few of the questions asked.
  17. The Drood Elder

Convergence of Spirit AA has stagnated horribly
  18. The Drood Elder

Druids version's
    Convergence of Spirit single target use
    Increase HP when cast by 7110
    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 4200 per tick

Shamans Version's
    Union of Spirits single target use
    Increase HP when cast by 23225
    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 16750 per tick

These use to be almost identical in there healing power yet Druids version has stagnated seriously bad
  19. The Drood Elder

I play both Druid and Shaman class's on a regular daily basis side by side for over 13 years.
  20. Iila Augur

[15:08:09] <illa> similar, I've PM'd you about this, but can the values on the Spirit of the Wood and Converence of spirits be upgraded to match player hp values?
    [15:09:22] <@Elidroth> Pretty sure I've upped both of those significantly
    [15:09:40] <illa> maybe on the versions, latest ones weren't
    [15:09:44] <illa> *the beta versions
    [15:09:57] <Guado> 4750 hps per tick is where spirit of the wood is currently
    [15:10:15] <@Elidroth> ok

I don't think he doesn't realizes the shm ones got a 4x increase and the druid ones did not.