[Beastlord warder as of 20-08-14]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greyowl, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Greyowl Augur

Group geared Bst, 11500 AAs. EM18 - vs Shoon:

1st try (standard buffs, pet had mage gear)
    Me healer, pet tank, wizzy merc. Shoon slowed and crippled.
    Pet died after some bad rounds - i couldnt keep up with heals. Shoon at around 80%.

2nd try (standard buffs, pet had just belt and shoulders from dailies)
    Me range dps, pet tank, merc healer (reactive). Shoon slowed and crippled.
    I gated when merc healer was at 20% mana and Shoon still at 80% health.

Fun times.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Your point? I see nothing wrong with this.
    complexication likes this.
  3. Xicon Journeyman

Because we use to be able to Solo Shoon , Now it seems the Dev's have lowered our pets to a freaking weak image of themselves. If our pet can not Tank Names then imo Sony should up Beastlords Mitigation so we can.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm pretty sure stuff like that was the whole reason for the changes in the first place...
  5. lumin Elder

You should not be able to solo him, that was the point.
    Engineer and complexication like this.
  6. Krag Lorekeeper

Who said solo?? Solo he got waxed. With a healer in the group, he still could not kill the mob. MANY class can molo shoon.
  7. Sinzz Augur

hmmm id like to see how many group geared toons could actually solo shoon lol
  8. Sancus Augur

People of many different classes can still molo named. The nerf was to fix a bug with a pet ability that caused them never to see DIs 18-20. It was not to stop them from moloing nor to prevent people from a multitude of classes moloing T1 named (because it isn't just pet classes).
  9. Greyowl Augur

I wouldnt even go near Shoon solo. I talked about molo.
    And: if equally geared and with about same amount of AA, id bet a pally or a sk with a dps merc can.

P.S.
    EM18 is kinda bleeding edge group gear, or lower tier raid gear...talking about the warder you could say to compare youd have to take a half group half raid geared sk or pally.
  10. lumin Elder

That's who said solo, maybe read the thread before you post.
  11. Engineer Augur

I would love to see the logic in the beastlord design document that results in: shaman + monk = tank.
    Elricvonclief and complexication like this.
  12. Daegun Augur

You do realize you can heal your own pet much better than a mercenary ever could right? Even in group gear with group focus ... your 1sec pet heal lands for 45-50k non crit and crits for up to 91k (highest I've seen). You might not be able to DPS Roon/shoon down very well, but you should have no problems keeping your pet up nearly indefinitely without a healer mercenary at all.

Or reference this for more information:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...t-changes-round-4.212879/page-17#post-3116319

Of the 3 pet classes, with all that healing power beastlords are arguably THE most capable from a raw tanking/survivability standpoint ... but this assumes you know how to use and choose to use the tools readily available to you.
  13. Khauruk Augur

I don't see any reason that you shouldn't be able to molo Shoon after the patch, but even if you can't Beastlords being able to molo current content named mobs is a very new development in the game. It's not something to be expected or to get bent out of shape over not being able to do.
  14. Vlorg Augur

good thing you didn't pick one of the hardest hitting name out there.

you now need to add a range DPS friend to down him in a decent time.
  15. Stubar Augur

^^This

As well, to Molo Shoon you don't need to pet tank all that much. As a beastlord the pet should be used as a back up tank and dps. Relying on our warder as a form of m/soloing is PAINFULLY slow and if you are going to do that, the mage class is probably better suited to that type of game play.

And before people start calling foul and spouting "YOU HAVE RAID GEAR!", I've done it on test in group gear. It's rough, however it's doable.
  16. Khauruk Augur

Yep, and that's w/ the huge relative increases in beastlord nuke dps over the last few expansions.
  17. Zarzac Augur

There is absolutely no way a group geared SK would have a prayer against Shoon with a wizzy merc. Fight wouldn't last 30 sec.
    Sinzz likes this.
  18. Duhbeast Augur

I agree that there are other ways of trying to molo hard content. We do back up the pet really well. Popping spirit/monkey defensive discs when you go in for melee helps a lot. If you have 2 drain life/heal proc weapons you can turn bloodlust into another defensive ability. While you are in melee range, you can use that time to hit your offensive burns as well, such as beastial alignment with spirit frenzy and ruaabri's fury with savage rage. While your defensive discs are down you can back out and help the pet and nuke and paragon merc and such. Or you can use your bandolier to switch to your shield and stay in melee while you wait for protection of the spirit again and then switch your offhand back in. There are a ton of other things to use but this is one example to weave in and out and share pet tanking. I am in raid gear though and haven't tried since the live patch. That would be nice if they beefed companions sacrifice. The petty takes so much damage from that you almost have to use divine aura companion every time.:eek:
  19. Krag Lorekeeper

Defensive alone would take care of 30 sec. Then epic, vod, first spire, harmtouch, leach touch etc.. An SK can more than last 30 sec lol.
  20. Riou EQResource

Same place that says a pet user should be a top tier DPS while having a pocket Warrior :p
    Sheex, Benzarden and Elricvonclief like this.