Game Update: Wednesday, August 20 @ 5 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 5:00 AM Pacific* in preparation for the August patch. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately three hours.

Patch Notes can be viewed here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. Sancus Augur

If the pet changes are pushed live with this patch... Please just don't.
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

4. Sancus Augur

5. Dabbeny New Member

I don't see anything in the patch notes about fixing spell research. Personally I think sony should stop pushing new expansions and content until they can fix the current ones that have that are live and broken. Step it up Sony your competitors are beating you.
    Sheamous likes this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Mass exodus of subscribers might be a result of this patch. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
    Payoon, Mintalie and Wayylon like this.
  7. StopTheNerf New Member

Canceled all accounts. You're welcome
    Sheamous, Mintalie and Wayylon like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Well thats the mage required, it was bad enough after the 16th July patch and now they have nefted pets even more. Also not happy about the nerf to Wizzy forces before fixing Arcane Fusion.
    Sheamous and Wayylon like this.
  9. skye New Member

and they screw us over yet again as i said before they dont care what so ever for us players as they LIE and try to say,this nerf is more proof
  10. delfchen Lorekeeper

well one should kick all those *peeeeeeeep* not getting along with the fact, that there was a reason to build up different classes ... some are better DPS, therefor others had pets and so on ... you only needed to decide, for sure ... i am sad bout the fact that warris still have a better hard + softcap than SK does, but then give them their ability back to tank with 2 swords ....
    before you are going to nerf pets, make it possible that special nameds can be tanked by all the tank classes (esp if kept alive by Clerics (no mercs, real good CLR), yes i said tank classes.
    And i vote for the tanking stuff, that you insert the Class Warri, Pal, SK to the top, as it was in former days .. not like now "most useful for ....."
    i am glad that you finally increase the aggro of terror ... maybe i can go on for holding aggro, like i did in former days.

but what the bloody hell????

*quote out of patch note*
    - The healing effect of Manalinked Gauntlets has been reduced.

you take pets the ability to tank and finally, and take care that rest would be healed worse ...

we'll see what happens
  11. Igniz Augur

/mourn Magicians

Thank you, Custodias, for the many years you faithfully protected me. You've earned a rest.
    Sheamous likes this.
  12. buttercup Journeyman

I noticed one one of the main arguments about pets and tanking was how easy it was for a raid mage to get a raid warrior quality pet with just one piece of loot while warriors had to spend so much more time and coin. I can appreciate that. however, with your new system of diminishing returns on Enhanced Minion, now everyone can have a nearly raid quality pet with a group drop from Plane of War.
    EM XVIII=group EM XXI=raid. If enhanced minion decreases in potency the closer it gets to max, then those 3 levels wont make a huge difference. So raid geared tanks will still outperform group geared tanks by a large margin, while raid geared mages might as well not raid?
    Tual, Sheamous and Atlans like this.
  13. delfchen Lorekeeper

yet another question ... what are you planning to do with the raidbosses, that could not even be tanked by warries? (just because they are one-rounded by some of them)
    Revalla likes this.
  14. Igniz Augur

Let me ask another question ...
    Tanks claimed that pets "could tank" mobs that tanks were not able to tank.
    Now, that pets are definitely NOT able to tank those mobs - who will?

*whistles* *grabs popcorn* *waits for the splatter show to begin*
    Revalla, Treefrog, Tual and 3 others like this.
  15. Esmeralda Meredydd New Member

I did Dead hills 2 yesterday and my lvl 99 earth pet couldn't tank kanteer with EM12 on and 2 lvl 100 J5 mercs on reactive..... This should be wonderful....

So instead of making tanks stronger they nerfed tanks and pets... brilliant...
    Tual, Sheamous and Atlans like this.
  16. delfchen Lorekeeper

that is no good arguement for taking pets the ability to tank, as asked befor, whom will be tanking the stuff that could only be tanked by pets before?
    since pets only tank when no other toon is on the mobs (and esp close enough)
    and ever thought bout the fact that healing a pet, is just a different way than healing a Warri, or even a SK or Pal ???
    1 could think that some peops are really interested in making this game unplayable, esp those start to cry when they see something that possibly might be better *claps hands*

it would not make me feeling surprised if tons of pet classes say "bye bye EQ", esp those that played the game to have fun somewhere, just hanging around

(edited after rereading* ;) )
    Tual and Atlans like this.
  17. buttercup Journeyman

My post had nothing to do with who will replace pet tanks in raids/groups

still nothing to do with my point, but mmkay
    Sheamous likes this.
  18. RangerGuy Augur

They are happy with where tanks fall atm supposedly. Something tells me they have not seen parses of warriors under no time to bleed paired with last stand tanking 5 or more end game mobs at once for 3 minutes with less risk then most people face from a single mob in 30 seconds.

Game has turned into pick apart other classes with parses and present it neatly and the devs will buy into it. Pets never encroached on players but here we are under the guise of them being the better option having them reduced drastically.

EM basically means nothing now as raid focused pets are equal to em 15. And tanks are free to continue to the better option as they always were but by an even bigger margin now.
    Tual, Sheamous and Wayylon like this.
  19. Igniz Augur

Which brings us to the question: Which class will be targeted next?
  20. RangerGuy Augur

TBH I hope warriors no time to bleed and last stand combo gets removed. They needed both but they should not stack. Its not fair how drastic that combo is verse any and all content. The gap it provides is only going to continue to screw over every other class that doesn't have it. Its not balanced.