Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Edrick Augur

Or it's an annual event they are going to keep the same because there isn't a reason to change it.
  2. Tearsin Rain Augur

hey hey HEY, that sort of statement does not conform to the currently fashionable marching orders on these forums to act like every class in a luclin era beastlord and that the game causes a hand to grow out of your computer and flick you in the nuts every time you log in.
    Benedorf, Sheamous and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We used to call that the Shar Vahl Slammer. Good times!
    Sheamous likes this.
  4. Deillusional Augur

At least give a guaranteed drop and a chance of multiple augs dropping from the same chest.
    We only got 2 last year, and 0 so far this.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

The event is easy. If it was cursor loot, then everyone's fourth alt would have one. Kind of defeats the purpose of it being a rare augment at that point.

I do like, however, the concept of one augment per chest. Yes it increases the amount of the augment into the game, but now not everyone is going to get it like if it was cursor...
  6. Benedorf New Member

It is just silly to spend time pairing down members from a guild that fields 60-70 raiders (Always having a bench anyway), to do a "SPECIAL" event. At the WIN you gain a bunch of basically nTov gear and maybe, just maybe 1-2 drops of the one item everyone wants..... Plus of course the wonderful lockout that prevents you from trying again to obtain it for a bit.

Playing the game should be about having FUN, achieving something, and moving on. Not watching paint dry with maybe 30 seconds of excitement while the chest is being open to hopefully gain one item for one guild member, then back to the grass growing/paint drying till your lock out wears off.
  7. Rafather Augur

Everyone should be double or triple splitting this raid and iirc you can be added at any time after death to loot. More raids = more chances at the aug.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

1. The lockout is 2 1/2 days. Which means you can get nearly three attempts per week.

2. The event can easily be done with 24 raiders, probably 18 is still easy. It can be done with 12 top notch raiders of appropriate classes. Heck it was one grouped last year. So like Rafather states above me, you should not be going in with 54 members. We took 24 mains and did two raids, then logged on alts for a third.

3. If it was cursor loot, then you would do it once and never do it again. Like you mentioned, the loot is NToV quality which (for majority of raiders) is not an upgrade. Having it be chest loot gives people a reason to continue to do the event.

I say all of this as a magician that does not have the augment. And the chances of me getting that augment this summer is extremely unlikely, unless I one group it during non guild raid hours. Which I will not do. And as much as I would love to have that augment as a magician, if I do not then I will live and carry on. Others should do the same
  9. Mintalie Augur

I want it. Give it to me.
  10. Kodaji Journeyman

Got mine finally! We're 12-18manning this on cooldown this year and mine is the first one to drop yet. We got 2 total last year and both went to people who quit :( Maybe not cursor loot, but at least a guaranteed drop is desperately needed. The rarity of this thing is just silly.
  11. Linoleum New Member

As a magician you're going to need that after the pet patch.
    Mintalie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Ariar New Member

I get why it can't be cursor loot; although the same arguments for the scale were also used for the diamond, way back when.

Anyways, would it be possible to have it drop more and have 4 different augs. One for Tanks classes, Healer classes, Melee dps classes and Caster dps classes.

You would also have to restrict it to those classes on the aug. The reason for this is whenever you make a rare aug that is beneficial to tank classes and it's all/all. Raiding guilds will assign those to tanks and cause class/guild drama. Drama causes people to drop EQ and thus drop your revenue. Nobody wants that.
  13. Mintalie Augur

Our guild has decided that tanks will get these drops, so I am SOL. So make it cursor loot already! :p
  14. Gochan Journeyman

Our guild has done it last year and this year so far, we have not had 1 drop yet!

Goch
  15. Orbital101 Augur

Its to late for that... If they ever do... How many people that had this bought via there guild currency will complaint... Including me!
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

I must also agree that this item should be a reward option for those who participate.
    That's been the way of most of these events - and really the only way to get 50+ people to blow that much time on something. I know the group I raid with would not likely consider this a target unless it was a reward option. It's a "time waster" from a raiders perspective.
    -Rat
  17. Taiqwon Augur

I love the silly arguments here. "If it's cursor loot everyone will have one". SO? What do you care if someone else gets some gear that you have? So freaking what.

If you can beat the raid, why not have it? Just because raiders can 2 group it doesn't mean most/any can. If you can muster the forces to do the event then you get the loot. Having limited content like this barely drip out the only item worth doing the event for rarely doesn't help anything. It just pisses people off.
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

my guild Rand must be very good right now - 2 raids - 2 Red Dragon scales
  19. Sheaffer Augur

If it's not worth the time, don't do it. I think it's a bit silly to ask for the best Aug in the game to be cursor loot. I don't see the problem with everyone not getting every item...just like every other raid
  20. IDotPeople Augur

This again huh, I'm just figuring I'll have to wait till 105 or 110, hire some mercaplayers and get an aug that way. That is, if the aug is still worth having by then, with the no dex heroics problem. AC on augs is getting pretty high in T2 CoTF :)

I would love to see this raid either available all year, or have the scales as cursor loot. I have no problem with it being rare if I have ample time to get it, which a month is not. But as mentioned previously, I expect no changes to be made here, so my plan mentioned in the previous paragraph is likely what I do.