Guise of the Ancient Gods - 10 minute duration; unfocusable. 2 hour recast.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

2. SpamFactory Augur

I find it unacceptable that they did not disclose this information when the item was first announced.

They used this item to help boost ticket sales then announce it's not as good as people expected it to be after the August 1 refund deadline. That's pretty shady.
    Zarzac, TheQxx and Iila like this.
  3. Pwning Lorekeeper

I posted this in the announcement thread, but it seems better suited here....every illusion that has been released, as a reward at any rate, such as the phoboplasm illusion beta tester reward, has followed the typical illusion standards of no recast, and normal, focus-able duration.

Are the EQ2 people going to be able to access their new backpack once every 2 hours? No. That'd be stupid. The EQ1 reward has no beneficial effect to it that should reduce its useability, why put such harsh restrictions on it? The bag is an every day item, with what I assume is quite a bit of use. The illusion is a toy, and those who paid to go to fan faire, and want to show off the cool prizes they got for attending. Why restrict it?

Please consider changing this to be more in line with the Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch, no cooldown, cycle through illusions on
  4. Ringkeeper Journeyman

I am a bit disappointed. I purchased 2 tickets for the Guise.

I am a fan and loyal customer. Hopefully they can make this situation right.

It is the 15th Anniversary! Please give us a special keepsake!

Thank you!
  5. Tobynn Augur

These overboard restrictions will ensure that players will never again purchase SOE live tickets simply to obtain the advertised virtual goodies. Sucker play, bigtime. I trust SOE is laughing all the way to the bank on this one.
    SaderakhBertox and Lily like this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you purchased tickets just for the guise, then I would be worried about you.
    Rouan likes this.
  7. Tobynn Augur

If you ever spent a dime on EQ, then similarly you should be worried about yourself.
    Iila likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, from the economist's standpoint, look at the lost wages and productivity spent by people on EQ. From a different viewpoint, some people might want to trade their SOE Live code for Kronos or PP.

Please keep this thread constructive. Don't want it derailed/locked. We want to keep them honest.
  9. feiddan Augur

I suppose this remedies the scenario where some players run around looking like gods 24/7.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would they spend money to trade the code for knrono? Unless they think they will be worth more then they paid that just seems silly.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.