FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME******FIX ROGUE ESCAPE******

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Zombiee, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Zombiee Journeyman

Seriously sick of rogue escape failing any time there are summoning capable mobs involved. I have posted this before and obviously being ignored. FIX THE PROBLEM.

If using rogue escape it is SUPPOSED to drop aggro and mem blur the mobs. If there are summoning capable mobs involved it almost ALWAYS FAILS. The escape will activate the mobs will drop aggro and all will seem well. For about 3-10 seconds. Then the mobs will RE-AGGRO and SUMMON you to your death. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS. FIX THIS.
  2. Apex Elder

I seriously hope you don't have a dot on the mob when you're blaming escape because that will reagro the mobs and kill you, j/s because it works fine for me..
    Iila likes this.
  3. Zombiee Journeyman

Nope no DoT on the mob. And if it hasn't failed on you then you're not playing a rogue. You're pretending to play a rogue.
    Cause it is most definitely broken. Has been for over 2 years.
  4. Fenudir Augur

Escape is supposed to drop agro but it does not blur the mob. None of the standard fades do.

Also, were you far enough away before hitting Escape? If not, you just re-agro'd the mob. What the mob mid-cast? If it was, you'll re-agro as soon as the cast hits you. Escape doesn't stop their casting. No form of fade does.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Esero Elder

Most likely this.. I try to keep moving away from the mob before/after I escape just in case.
  6. Iila Augur

This is the ability working correctly. If it was actually failing or broken, this wouldn't be happening.
    This is something causing aggro on the next server tick. The most common problems are a dot effect still ticking and getting aggro again next time it ticks. Or not clearing out of aggro range of mobs that can see you.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Works just fine.

Not pretending to play a rogue.
  8. Zahrym Augur

Zombiee is the guy my pet was out-parsing, I honestly wouldn't take much he says seriously.
    Obiziana likes this.
  9. Brogett Augur

It's not always down to dots. I've had it happen lots when doing large pulls and it is down to casts and bugs in other rogue AAs. Eg:

Mob begins to cast <foobar>
    <Escape>
    You have been nuked with the power of FOO
    You are no longer hidden.

Basically escape will drop all aggro on all mobs, but it doesn't cancel any cast bars. If something they were casting on you happens to knock you out of hide, then you'd better be real quick on the sneak/hide keys to hide again before they (or anything else) spots you.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

You know what would be great? If Nerves of Steel AA got higher ranks to address that.
    Brogett likes this.
  11. Songsa Augur

Yup i dont think anything is bugged but server/connexion lag can cause some issues as well.
    Basically to avoid any problems you need :
    1) a not so bad connexion
    2) no dot running on mob
    3) click escape after mob spell is hitting you (if mob is casting something on u)
    4) run the more away you can before and after you click escape to avoid proximity aggro if mob see sos

Escape is a nice tool but has his limitations.

Oh and if you cant succeed to one of the above point be sure to click your Gyrospire ;)
  12. Lace New Member

Did you turn attack off before hitting escape?
  13. Gyphon New Member

By the time I need to hit escape I feel I'm already dead and it's a last ditch effort. If it works it works and if it doesn't I just wait for the rez box to show up. Not that big a deal but I don't think anything is working incorrectly.
  14. kramer2202 Elder

I have played a rogue for 14 years, and I will say that I have not noticed anything wrong with escape. These are a list a few common reasons a mob may reagro after escaped is used
    1) Attack not turned off prior to escaping (will drop hide/sneak immediately after agro drop so mob can reagro)
    2) Mob targetting you mid-cast when you escape
    3) Mob sees through SoS
    4) Not getting out of agro range quickly after escaping
    5) Some new zones/missions have tricky agro rules and can play havoc with escape, or any fade for that matter (mainly Plane of War)

Escape is not broken, if you are having issues that do not relate to this list, it is a bug specific to you, not escape, and should be petitioned instead of coming on these boards and creating a over-dramatic post blasting SOE for something that is not broken.
    Iila likes this.
  15. Bahdah Augur

/attack off
    /alt activate 102
    /disc Rest Rk. III

boom
    zachison and Iila like this.
  16. gcubed Augur

I am not sure it would address this situation. As I recall, Nerves of Steel only prevents you from being knocked out of hide if you get hit by an AoE when the rogue is NOT the target of the AoE. Unless, you are talking about new ranks to ADD to what Nerves of Steel does.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

This exactly
  18. Justyse Journeyman

So Gash is now timing out Escape for 1 min 30 seconds. No it is not screwing up escape because it's a dot, that's a different thing completely. Gash is actually timing out Escape.
    Gash is also timing out the Twisted Shank AA for 1:30, while not greying out the icon.
    Doubt this was intentional.o_O ..right? =p
  19. Justyse Journeyman

some added info on that issue...
    You can hit Twisted and THEN Gash, but if you hit Gash first, it times out Twisted.
    Fun.
  20. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

i have confirmed this to be true. yes you can hit twisted first for it to work with gash. however escape is a whole other matter. this needs to be fixed asap. people just dont use escape as a means to flee combat its also used as a way to drop your hate while burning which we need more than ever now that they decided to mess with our Deceit line for some ridiculous reason.
    Justyse likes this.