Paladin Healing?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Agrippa, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Agrippa Augur

When my main role is healing, I've been spamming Burst of Sunrise, Reverent Touch, and Dazzling Light, also casting Splash of Purification and Wave of Sorrow, if needed. My questions are primarily about using Aurora of Sunrise and Reverent Cleansing.

Aurora seems hit or miss if it's going to be a decent heal or not, so I typically only use it when I'm tapped out of mana. The paladin is a fairly new character for me, so I've only used Aurora post-nerf. Even so, I'm pretty sure that I can get better use out of this line of spell and I'm just not using it correctly. I'm hoping more experienced paladins could tell me how/when they are using this line.

I've only used Reverent Cleansing a few times, when clerics weren't available. I didn't notice any difference in my healing parses. When clerics aren't available, should this one be kept up on the main tank at all times? Granted, it was only a few encounters, but I guess I expected more from it. Again, when/how are more experienced paladins using this line? Any help, feedback, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

You can load 2 bursts

I wouldn't use Rev cleansing load another burst instead

As far as aurora line It heals for 13.2(I think) HP per mana up to the mana cost, However if multiple people have damage on them it distributes that healing across them (not sure if its an even splits even or not) as far proper use someone better then me can probably explain that, the Way I use it probably isn't the optimal way either.

But anyways what I do when in Cleric Mode is multibind 2 Bursts and Dazzling then Touch, Burst does lock you out of casting for alittle bit so it might not be optimal either.

If your in the actual tank group loading multiple spells of the Wave line can also be pretty money.

However I am going to be quiet now, because i don't usually get stuck in heal mode, so I might possibly be giving you bad or outdated infoz
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Another thing I do is 1 bind for bursts, 1 bind for dazzling wave wave touch If in Tankd group.
  4. Agrippa Augur

Thank you. I'm not logged in and I can't remember the names of the spells, but I was aware of being able to stack older versions of our yellow colored heals, which is nice for self healing, but didn't think to check other lines. Heh I'll have to check Stance and Preservation lines now 8p.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Pres/stance.dont stack with themselves. Bursts are single tatget quick heals not the self heals..
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

Also, make sure to twincast every heal, it helps. (Glorious I believe is the name)
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Forgot to mention group aoti and first spire are TGB friendly. When a war/sk has these on them I spam reflect heals, if a paladin is tanking same concept if my AOTI audio triggers for that tank I switch to valiant PA ostra rotation, since frequency of modded heals matters more. Popping glorious when its up and / to target for bursts if necessary.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

O and theres a warrior ability that mods inc heals to I cant remember the name, Hold the Line? I spam HOTT heals then too.
  9. Brohg Augur

There are two, actually. Hold the Line, and Resplendent Glory. Both are 15% boosts to incoming direct heals, HtL is shorter duration and cooldown and also nerfs melee damage.
  10. Agrippa Augur

Thanks again for the replies.

@Ravengloome: There's a command to target target's target? Maybe I read "/*** to target for bursts if necessary wrong," as /*** was filtered, but 'm hoping there is such a command and that I'm just about to find out about it.
  11. Brudal Augur

/assist can be shortened in game and will be filtered as obscenity on forums. If you have the mob targeted and /assist it will target the targets target.
  12. Agrippa Augur

I missed having pauses in my macro before so /assist %t wasn't working properly. Loving it now. It makes godmode....er, life as a paladin even easier. Is there a command better than /xtar 1 to return to the last target?
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Yeh i have an /assist hotkey bound on my cleric and paladin for assist healing in emergencies

Or Set Xtar2 to Target's Target and use your keybind to target Xtar2 (which is ctrl shift 2 for me)

If you want to return to last target just keybind Target last 2 targets