SK's need to be useful again.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zantor, Jul 1, 2014.

1. lumin Elder

Really dude, you have to be a about it? if you are not being used then your guild is making that choice, maybe start talking to some other raid guilds and see how SKs are being used there. But if all you want to be is a troll then nobody can help you.
  2. IDotPeople Augur

A simple, I can't think of an example would have sufficed, I was asking you a legitimate question.
  3. lumin Elder

We use them for kiting, off tanking, and page tanking, also for tanking while clearing trash, if you want to tank the boss mobs roll a warrior.
  4. Ineptocracy Leader Elder

Will the raid suffer and be worse off if there are no SKs around to do those things? Or can your other tanks step in and do it just as well? That is the issue as I see it in this thread. You give them these things because the other classes that can do it, nearly as well, as well or better, can do other more important things.
    IDotPeople likes this.
  5. Makavien Augur

Knights get rolled over on almost all bosses in wk 2 it is a warriors fight.. Have not even seen a paladin tank them. So that would be a bad fight to test it on . You guys tank just fine on dead hill 2 mini's Captain Kanteer is a different story.
  6. Rogue Augur

Raids would absolutely suck if every class had to do something unique in order to win. That is the issue you don't seem to get when you and others demand unique SK things for raids.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. IDotPeople Augur

Thank you Inepto, that was exactly the point I was trying to make. I feel like I know more about SKs than anyone should ever know about anything... And I cannot think of much of anything where people would go, oh, if only we had some SKs. An SK named (GoodSK) sure, but they are wanting the player, not the class. I can only think of two situations where a raid would require SKs above all else.

First being maybe 60-90 6-9k hitters with pretty much infinite life that need to be tanked throughout the entire raid. A group of 3 SKs with constant 2.0s would solve this.

Second being a raid mob that casts a debuff that blocks out all healing on the tank except for melee based healing. Granted this mob would have to hit fairly lame for this to work to an SKs favor, so lamely that tanks taunting off each other would also probably do the job, or even melee dpses benefitting off SK epic might do the job even better.

Never seen either of these happen, believe me I have racked my brain a lot to think of what an SK is actually 'BEST' at. It really isn't easy to see at all....
  8. Makavien Augur

You are the best at controlling swarms of adds that are tough to control in any other manner. And with less healers then any other tank.

Your best for things like Tanking the Bzzazzr in bixie 2 where you can fd and avoid getting death touched by the 2 Zzatazz that spawn directly after killing 1 of the 3 Bzzazzr.

You are second best for tanking npc that melee silence us.

You are best tanking anything that is magic spell immune while the warriors are needed to tank the really hard hitters later ie Chelsith.

All tanks are weak in dps . Not even sure why you bring this up you have never been good at dps.

I see sks tank just fine all the time . There has not been any dramatic change in the way you guys survive.

I do agree you guys need more hate but not if your trying to use that single target hate to tank the bosses that you are not designed to tank.

I am not sure what you are expecting here. If your taps are not good enough right now get them boosted but referring to things that no one uses sks to do is not going to get you what you are needing.
  9. Makavien Augur

Could not agree more here . If every fight had something we all had to do every single time then it would be pretty dull . There is 3 exceptions for this warriors , clerics , cc classes . We have always had the holy trinity when it comes to those 3 jobs . Warriors tank the biggest baddest bosses , clerics heal the best for them big bad bosses, cc classes control the massive amounts of adds that (sk and paladin get to tank).

I am not really sure what you want unique . There are bosses you can tank . Most bosses you can tank after you over gear the content.
    There are swarms of adds you kite better then anyone else.

There are fights where you tank mini bosses better then anyone else.

So again please explain what you want to do the best ?
  10. Agrippa Augur

Also, be careful what you ask for. I consider my paladin a decent tank, but raid leadership learned quick that he outperformed most of the raid's priests when it came to healing. I was normally put in warriors' groups and ended up seeing very little action outside of healing unless I specifically asked.
  11. Zarzac Augur

12. Zarzac Augur

Must be tough to have 2 roles your class is top tier at performing.
    Sheex and feiddan like this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

You Do realize SK's Do main tank right?

You do realize That many guilds use SK's do what your saying they are not "designed" to do. < and there has been a dramatic design shift to allow both knights to do this more often and keep the tanks relatively balanced to each other, problem being SK's are far behind the curve ATM.

The days of warriors being the sole tank of the big baddies is long gone dude, And if SK's want to be able to perform their job better (IE: TANK) then they are entitled to ask for it.

Everything else that was completely silly that you typed Zarzac already called you on so, but I thought that was important to say.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Also Sorry but Paladins and SK's have one tanked Galenth and 1 tanked Kanteer, maybe you need better healers/support team.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

That's at least twice now that a non-SK has specifically posted to yell out for a dev comment while no SK has. Why is that?
    feiddan likes this.
  16. Xeladom Augur

17. Brohg Augur

That one was sarcasm.
  18. Denyu Lorekeeper

Imagine for a moment you were a dps class, your sustain lower than the others, your burst somewhat decent, but its on par to some yet below most, and your survivability isn't as good as theirs either. What's your purpose for being there?

We're not asking for game breaking changes just some nice utility and some fixes to bring us into balance. All these non-shadowknights saying,"It isn't that bad, you do unintended mechanics rather well," are in no way constructive.
    Xeladom and feiddan like this.
  19. gnomeboss Augur

sk are paper. i don't even bother healing them since they die faster than roi beats new raids.
  20. Makavien Augur

I actually did say that . And there still are lots of bosses intended for warriors to tank . Sure you can tank them with your discs up and good healers but , it is not nearly as easy to heal you when you are taking 90k + hits.

When you over gear the content with good healers you should have no problem tanking any of the bosses in the expansion.

Also when you burn like some guilds it wouldn't matter if you put a druid tanking.

And he didn't really call me on anything because what I said is true even if people don't want to believe it.

1 example aoe kiting your aoes are faster refresh then anyone elses for no damage. Warriors do not excel at kiting a swarm of npc unless they stop to be hit (wade into battle is a defensive proc) rallying roar is a directional. Whirlwind blade does damage.

Sure warriors are good at kiting one single npc and we have always been good at this so nothing has changed. We can kite 3 if we rotate our single target no damage abilities right if they are all running at the same speed because range is the warriors biggest enemy which is not true at all for either of the knight classes.

Da and warrior fade that gets interrupted if you trip over a pebble is not as reliable as sk feign death.

This thread is all in response to warriors actually getting something good after 5 years that I know of that I have taken feedback from the warrior community and compiled it into many lists over those years. Before that I never visited these boards.

Wade into battle has a very specific use west karana 1 to use fortitude to pile up the wave. and then switch into last stand with flash of anger up while other tanks pick up the red cons and wardens.

Sks could already do this very well and still can if the warriors don't specifically take your job.
    Because that is what they are doing if your assigned to a wave and they use wade into battle.

And you act as though I am saying hey just quit complaining that is not what I am saying quit trying to use our new abilities to increase your power even more then us because sks have been pretty op for as long as I can remember.

All I was asking there is what specific job do you expect to come out of this ? Unless you want to off tank a kinda big bad boss on every single raid while the big badd boss is also being tanked.