Test Update 07/09/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Narknon Augur

Patch is available
  2. Narknon Augur

Wish i was camped in sro
  3. feiddan Augur

We had just beat WK2 for alts and a new member. Surely it was rolled back. Might've even lost the WK1 win. :(

To Argin-Hiz! I'm glad I marked the zin on my map.
  4. feiddan Augur

Wow, awesome update with some great quality-of-life improvements. Thanks to the EQ team!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Gidmagic New Member

Just read the patch notes....now they make heroic characters able to be testcopied......LOL
  6. KevinMcP Developer

July 9, 2014

*** Call of the Forsaken: Argin-Hiz ***

- Call of the Forsaken: Argin-Hiz has been released! The hot ash winds blowing from portals in Ethernere-Tainted West Karana and the Southern Desert of Ro have dissipated, opening the way to the city of Argin-Hiz. The final relic needed to send Lady Lendiniara home lies within the city walls!
    - Finish the final chapter of Call of the Forsaken in the all-new zone, Argin-Hiz!

*** Highlights ***

- The time draws near to send Lady Lendiniara back to her world. Retrieve the final relic from Argin-Hiz, stay alert, and heed the call!
    - "Death, Death, Death!", previously only available as an SOE Live event, is coming to Live servers for a limited time! See the "Quests & Events" section for more details.
    - A number of improvements have been made to mounts. See the "NPC" section for more details.
    - Made several changes to the quests and NPCs in the Argin-Hiz launch event. See the "Quests & Events" section for more details.

*** Quests & Events ***

- The time draws near to send Lady Lendiniara back to her world. Retrieve the final relic from Argin-Hiz, stay alert, and heed the call!
    - "Death, Death, Death!", previously only available as an SOE Live event, is coming to Live servers for a limited time! Tudasali, Emissary of Thurgadin, will need your help to defeat the enemies of his people. When the event is active, seek out Tudasali in the Great Divide to offer your assistance. This is a "monster mission" that pits adventurers in classic gear against many old world raid targets under a tight time limit!
    - Made several changes to the quests and NPCs in the Argin-Hiz launch event:
    -- Most quest mobs have had their aggro and assist distances lowered. Ash giants and corpseseeker ashes now have greatly reduced assist distances.
    -- The drop rates of all quest items have been increased to 100 percent.
    -- The corpse-seeking ashes, ash giants, the Ash Hurricane, and most quest NPCs have had reductions to their HP and/or AC.
    -- Lowered some attack stats for all launch event NPCs.
    -- Forlorn ash NPCs can now be hailed for the task "Sympathy for the Forlorn" after 90 seconds have passed.
    -- All of the tasks now award coins and XP.
    -- Forlorn ashes, flameseeker ashes, flame elementals, ash giants, and cinder mates can now be snared.
    -- Increased the XP gained from forlorn ashes, flameseeker ashes, flame elementals, ash giants, and the Ash Hurricane.
    - The Brothers Zek - Plane of War - The currency reward for this raid has been upgraded to Fists of Bayle, and the amount given has increased to 20.

*** Spells ***

- Bard - Corrected an error that prevented Largo's Assonant Binding from being cast while in combat.
    - Bard - Ryken's Reckless Renewal and Ruaabri's Reckless Renewal will no longer take full modification from instrument effects.
    - Beastlord - Ensnaring Bite has been renamed to Fatiguing Bite, which will allow your pet's procs to restore some endurance to your group.
    - Increased the number of saved spell sets to 30.

*** NPC ***

- A number of improvements have been made to mounts:
    -- Mounts that previously offered stat bonuses as part of the mount spell will now cast a separate buff spell so that you can ride whichever mount you like best without having to worry about buff stacking conflicts.
    -- When right clicking the bridle of the mount you are currently riding, you will now be automatically dismounted. This functionality does not apply to the Bridle of the Flying Imperial Sokokar.
    -- When right clicking the bridle of a different mount than the one you are currently riding, you will be automatically dismounted, and the new mount will be summoned.
    -- Paladins and Shadowknights: When right clicking a non-expendable bridle, your mount will be summoned instantly, matching the functionality of the mounts summoned by your AA abilities.
    - Being much higher or lower than the chessboard for the Grandmaster fight in Plane of War is no longer a viable strategy to avoid the chess pieces or out-of-bounds penalties.

*** AA ***

- Shadowknight – Visage of Decay was not applying the melee skill damage reduction as originally intended. This has been fixed.

*** Achievements ***

- Hero of the Tower of Rot - Completing the task "A Rotten Heart" will now update that step of the this achievement.
    - Slayer achievements will now properly update for group and raid members if the final blow to an NPC is done by a member that doesn't have the Rain of Fear expansion.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected the messaging when starting trader mode in the Bazaar.
    - Corrected an issue that would cause some zones to stop responding and disconnect all of the players in the zone.
    - Heroic Characters can now be copied to test using /testcopy.
    - Increased the maximum FPS cap.

*** UI ***

- Enabled number pad key input on edit controls. This includes the chat window.
    - Autorun has no default key binding now.
    - Moved the drag item definitions from the EQUI_Animations.xml file to their own file: EQUI_DragItems.xml. This will reduce the need for custom UI modders to update their UIs when drag items are added.

- Changed -

EQUI.xml
    EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_DragItems.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- The Brothers Zek - Plane of War - Lowered the damage done by the Zek Brothers slightly, and lowered AE rampage damage.
    - The Brothers Zek - Plane of War - Lowered the HP and damage values of the adds in this event.
    - The Brothers Zek - Plane of War - Increased bonus spell damage to adds and increased how quickly it scales up, but the bonus will only apply to the first hit every second.
    - The Brothers Zek - Plane of War - Rallosian Priests now have a bigger bonus to melee damage, but will lose health over time while charmed.
    - The Brothers Zek - Plane of War - Adds that are weak to fire now take more damage from hand-to-hand attacks. Adds that are weak to cold now take more damage from piercing attacks. Adds that are weak to stuns now take more damage from blunt attacks. Adds that are weak to snares now take more damage from slashing attacks.
    - Lord Kyle Bayle - Raid - The table and chairs in the center of Lord Kyle Bayle's room will turn to ash when the fight begins.
    - Lord Kyle Bayle - Raid - Kyle Bayle will no longer regenerate hit points while invulnerable.
    - Lord Kyle Bayle - Raid - Kyle Bayle's royal guards will now respawn every 45 seconds instead of 30.
    - Lord Kyle Bayle - Raid - Kyle Bayle's fallen guards will now spawn every 75 seconds instead of 45.
    - Lord Kyle Bayle - Raid - Only one fallen advisor can now be active at once.
    - Lord Kyle Bayle - Mission - The table and chairs in the center of Lord Kyle Bayle's room will turn to ash when the fight begins.
    - A Rotten Heart - Fixed a bug that could cause Adana Baxter to reset her health to full.
    - An Epic Request - Corrected a problem that could prevent the completion of the Northern Desert of Ro step of the shadowknight instance.

- The EverQuest Team
  7. Uddenden New Member

Something is very much wrong with the test server (that has also been apparently affecting live servers for the last 24h? Not sure on that, only what i've heard), in that everything has a 30s or longer delay. Zoning doesnt register for 30s, which then takes 3-10+m to actually complete zoning, chat has a 30s+ lag, the bazaar search has a 30s+ lag, HOWEVER recipe searching does not have any lag to it (which I find kinda neat).

EDIT: I think the issue has resolved itself, not sure what caused the crazy lag
  8. feiddan Augur

The Call of Forsaken Challenger achievement award gives 4 options. They are:
    Transforming Sol`Dal Mace Ornament
    Transforming Sol`Dal Mace Ornament
    Transforming Sol`Dal Buckler Ornament
    Transforming Sol`Dal Longbow Ornament

Safe to assume the mace shouldn't be listed twice. /bug
  9. onyuyan Augur

Beyond the new zone, some of these changes are great (/testcopy working for heroic characters is big, also the mount and spellset stuff).

Looking forward to all of this going live.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we make this a toggle please?

I always miss my mount icon and click it and get the you are already on a mount. We already had the /dismount command, we really didn't need this change.
  11. Feradach Augur

Big thumbs up to the mount changes. Shaman, Beastlords, Shadow Knights and Paladins everywhere will be loving this. Very well thought out and executed.
  12. Ayoheee Augur

WOOHOO! Thank you!
  13. EnchanterLoid New Member

I just wish it had come like 2 weeks earlier. I just returned back to the game and my old friend e-mailed me and said he was on Test. I logged in and played a bunch with him and he was like too bad your toon is not heroic. He told me I could not testcopy a heroic so I naively just bought ($ to SC) a slot and created it on test. Now I have spent $35 for a character that is forever bound to Test and exists no where else.
  14. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

The raid reward that gives "better" versions of these is listed the same way. I'm almost certain in both cases one of these is meant is be for 2Handers
  15. Dzarn Developer

It is intended that two are given out so that dual wielding classes aren't shorted.
    Mary Poppins and Sheex like this.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

Do you get all 4 when you get the Ach or do you get to pick one? If you only get to pick one it wont help dual wielders anyhow.

What about zerkers, with no 2h ornament they are left out.
  17. Wiji Elder

All 4 rewards are the same option so you get all of them.

There's no portal back into Argin-hiz once you atune to EWK.

Fighting the named Master Sage in argin-hiz static, he spawns 10 or so adds, none of them seem to despawn long after the Sage is dead. Could be intended, but seems like it could cause some headaches.

In the mission Burn Out, only half my group could see the beams on the second phase. I had spell effect on and couldn't see them, others had spell effects off and could see them.

The Sol`dar that walk around with axes have a comically stiff animation.
  18. jeskola pheerie

19. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

So dual wield classes arent shorted but anyone who uses 2handers is? Makes sense
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No staff/piercer for pure casters? Or is this just melee rewards?