Enumerated SPA list

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Prathun, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Yther Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Spell_Data might help you out.

SPAs identify the attributes of a spell to tell what it does. Some are difficult to figure from the few spells they are found in. I would say the 460 above, would have taken alot of research to figure it out. Others that do visible things in-game and on spells with only that attribute are easier to figure out. Examples Levitate http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=261&source=Live or Agility http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=154&source=Live

That's about as brief as I can make it, so not really side-tracking this thread too much. Hopefully it's enough to explain it. You can do searches for SPA and Spell Affect that it stands for. I k now affect is not the correct word for it, but it is what is used. I've been wondering if some one used the word to describe the animation, and some one stole it and used it incorrectly. Doesn't matter, I just wonder too much.

Yther Ore.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Yther Augur

3. Mykaylla Augur

That whole thread is an interesting read, and indeed, is what sparked this one.
    Yther likes this.
  4. Yther Augur

Yea, I had forgot PrathunSOE confirmed it when I was typing the message, that it was a typo. And the 30 min. edit timer had lapsed. And yea, it is an interesting thread.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well to be fair, I already knew what they were, I was just trying to get them added to the master list.

Affect is actually the correct term. There are Spell Affects, and Spell Effects, (two actually). Spell Effects depend on what Spell Affect is being used. Spell Effects are commonly referred to as "Base1" and "Base2" which is actually shorthand for "Base Effect 1" and "Base Effect 2".

As an example, here is the fire damage focus effect on CotF T1 arms.

[38889] Fire Damage 47-100 L100
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 03:15:00 (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 124 Base1=47 Base2=100 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Spell Damage by 47% to 100%
    2: SPA 134 Base1=100 Base2=5 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Max Level: 100 (lose 5% per level)
    3: SPA 137 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: SPA 138 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: SPA 136 Base1=-2 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    7: SPA 136 Base1=-4 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    8: SPA 136 Base1=-8 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    11: SPA 311 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Exclude Procs
    12: SPA 135 Base1=2 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Resist: Fire

Now slot one is SPA 124 "Fc_Damage_%" which is a focus for damage spells that is percentage based. To put it another way it means that this Spell Affects other spells by adding a % amount more damage. The specific Effect of this spell is to add between 47% (Base Effect 1) and 100% (Base Effect 2) more damage.

Slot 2 is SPA 134 "Ff_LevelMax" which is a limiter that is level based, or to put it another way, it means that this Spell Affects other spells based on their level. The specific Effect of this spell is to allow it to work on spells up to level 100 (Base Effect 1) and for every level over 100, reduce effectiveness by 5% each (Base Effect 2).

And so on and so forth. Make sense?

Good, because they did actually make a mistake, Base Effect 1 is actually called Base Affect instead of Base Effect, so technically they are "Spell Affect," "Base Affect," and "Base Effect2." Whether "Base Affect" is supposed to be "Base Effect," or "Base Effect2" is supposed to be "Base Affect2" is unknown, but I prefer to think it is the first one.

Clear as mud yet? Yay EQ!
  6. Yther Augur

I'm completely aware you are. You appear to know more about the specifics than I do, especially terms. I hate the misuse of words is why I never call it an affect, unless someone wants to know what SPA stands for, which I gave in the same post. Affects are in the context of emotions and animations.

It was response to the quoted text, asking what does it mean, what can we do with it, since this thread didn't already explain it. :)

Anyway. Hopefully your reply will be of some help to Godofwar who wanted to know. I understand how it works.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It isn't misused, which was my whole point. Affect is short for "Affection" which is the "act of affecting, influencing or acting upon" which is exactly what SPAs do. They "act on" or "influence" other elements of the game.

Affects cause effects / effects are caused by affects.
    Benzarden likes this.
  8. Yther Augur

Still seems bad to use the verb form as the name of something, instead of using the noun form, or finding a different word that is a noun. Try using the verb form of box to describe / name something and make it clear it wasn't the noun form? Do this with just about any dual noun / verb word? And Pranthun even said it was a typo, but in use so long no point in changing it.

If it's short for affection, why not use affection. SPA = SPell Affection -- it's much clearer using a noun in nouns place, than a verb in a noun's place that also can be used a noun, but when used in that particular place.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Affect is both a verb and a noun, it is just more commonly used as a verb these days.

For the same reason we use contractions and shorten other words: Because we can?
    Benzarden likes this.
  10. Yther Augur

What bothers me, is you want to use the word to explain itself but not clarify it's meaning. When using a word in a noun context, you expect the noun definition, not the verb. Saying it's abbreviation for a noun, affection, that has the same meaning as the verb form of affect, clears that up.

I never said it wasn't the correct word, but as it used it implies a different meaning that can be confusing. Clear as mud you stated. Why convolute an explanation by only using the confusing terms and not explaining what they mean. I try to explain things so people can understand and still use the correct terms. But when the terminology is confusing, I only use it explain what the abbreviation stand for and use synonym and other phrases to explain the meaning.

ynmavp because I can?
  11. Deillusional Augur

Long shot I know any chance of knowing what the fields (separated by ^) are actually for, we know most of them anyhow...
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

In order from 1-237

"SPELLINDEX", "SPELLNAME", "ACTORTAG", "NPC_FILENAME", "CASTERMETXT", "CASTEROTHERTXT", "CASTEDMETXT",
    "CASTEDOTHERTXT", "SPELLGONE", "RANGE", "IMPACTRADIUS", "OUTFORCE", "UPFORCE", "CASTINGTIME", "RECOVERYDELAY",
    "SPELLDELAY", "DURATIONBASE", "DURATIONCAP", "IMPACTDURATION", "MANACOST", "BASEAFFECT1", "BASEAFFECT2",
    "BASEAFFECT3", "BASEAFFECT4", "BASEAFFECT5", "BASEAFFECT6", "BASEAFFECT7", "BASEAFFECT8", "BASEAFFECT9",
    "BASEAFFECT10", "BASEAFFECT11", "BASEAFFECT12",
    "BASE_EFFECT2_1", "BASE_EFFECT2_2", "BASE_EFFECT2_3", "BASE_EFFECT2_4", "BASE_EFFECT2_5", "BASE_EFFECT2_6",
    "BASE_EFFECT2_7", "BASE_EFFECT2_8", "BASE_EFFECT2_9", "BASE_EFFECT2_10", "BASE_EFFECT2_11", "BASE_EFFECT2_12",
    "AFFECT1CAP", "AFFECT2CAP", "AFFECT3CAP", "AFFECT4CAP",
    "AFFECT5CAP", "AFFECT6CAP", "AFFECT7CAP", "AFFECT8CAP", "AFFECT9CAP", "AFFECT10CAP", "AFFECT11CAP",
    "AFFECT12CAP", "IMAGENUMBER", "MEMIMAGENUMBER", "EXPENDREAGENT1", "EXPENDREAGENT2", "EXPENDREAGENT3",
    "EXPENDREAGENT4", "EXPENDQTY1", "EXPENDQTY2", "EXPENDQTY3", "EXPENDQTY4", "NOEXPENDREAGENT1",
    "NOEXPENDREAGENT2", "NOEXPENDREAGENT3", "NOEXPENDREAGENT4", "LEVELAFFECT1MOD", "LEVELAFFECT2MOD",
    "LEVELAFFECT3MOD", "LEVELAFFECT4MOD",
    "LEVELAFFECT5MOD", "LEVELAFFECT6MOD", "LEVELAFFECT7MOD", "LEVELAFFECT8MOD", "LEVELAFFECT9MOD",
    "LEVELAFFECT10MOD", "LEVELAFFECT11MOD", "LEVELAFFECT12MOD", "LIGHTTYPE", "BENEFICIAL", "ACTIVATED",
    "RESISTTYPE", "SPELLAFFECT1", "SPELLAFFECT2", "SPELLAFFECT3", "SPELLAFFECT4", "SPELLAFFECT5", "SPELLAFFECT6",
    "SPELLAFFECT7", "SPELLAFFECT8", "SPELLAFFECT9", "SPELLAFFECT10", "SPELLAFFECT11", "SPELLAFFECT12",
    "TYPENUMBER", "BASEDIFFICULTY", "CASTINGSKILL", "ZONETYPE", "ENVIRONMENTTYPE", "TIMEOFDAY", "WARRIORMIN",
    "CLERICMIN", "PALADINMIN", "RANGERMIN", "SHADOWKNIGHTMIN", "DRUIDMIN", "MONKMIN", "BARDMIN", "ROGUEMIN",
    "SHAMANMIN", "NECROMANCERMIN", "WIZARDMIN", "MAGICIANMIN", "ENCHANTERMIN", "BEASTLORDMIN", "BERSERKERMIN",
    "CASTINGANIM", "TARGETANIM", "TRAVELTYPE", "SPELLAFFECTINDEX", "CANCELONSIT", "DIETY_AGNOSTIC",
    "DIETY_BERTOXXULOUS", "DIETY_BRELLSERILIS", "DIETY_CAZICTHULE", "DIETY_EROLLISIMARR", "DIETY_FIZZLETHORP",
    "DIETY_INNORUUK", "DIETY_KARANA", "DIETY_MITHMARR", "DIETY_PREXUS", "DIETY_QUELLIOUS", "DIETY_RALLOSZEK",
    "DIETY_RODCETNIFE", "DIETY_SOLUSEKRO", "DIETY_TRIBUNAL", "DIETY_TUNARE", "DIETY_VEESHAN", "NPC_NO_CAST",
    "AI_PT_BONUS", "NEW_ICON", "SPELL_EFFECT_INDEX", "NO_INTERRUPT", "RESIST_MOD", "NOT_STACKABLE_DOT", "DELETE_OK",
    "REFLECT_SPELLINDEX", "NO_PARTIAL_SAVE", "SMALL_TARGETS_ONLY", "USES_PERSISTENT_PARTICLES", "BARD_BUFF_BOX",
    "DESCRIPTION_INDEX", "PRIMARY_CATEGORY", "SECONDARY_CATEGORY_1", "SECONDARY_CATEGORY_2", "NO_NPC_LOS",
    "FEEDBACKABLE", "REFLECTABLE", "HATE_MOD", "RESIST_PER_LEVEL", "RESIST_CAP", "AFFECT_INANIMATE",
    "STAMINA_COST", "TIMER_INDEX", "IS_SKILL", "ATTACK_OPENING", "DEFENSE_OPENING", "SKILL_OPENING", "NPC_ERROR_OPENING",
    "SPELL_HATE_GIVEN", "ENDUR_UPKEEP", "LIMITED_USE_TYPE", "LIMITED_USE_COUNT", "PVP_RESIST_MOD", "PVP_RESIST_PER_LEVEL",
    "PVP_RESIST_CAP", "GLOBAL_GROUP", "PVP_DURATION", "PVP_DURATION_CAP", "PCNPC_ONLY_FLAG", "CAST_NOT_STANDING",
    "CAN_MGB", "NO_DISPELL", "NPC_MEM_CATEGORY", "NPC_USEFULNESS", "MIN_RESIST", "MAX_RESIST",
    "MIN_SPREAD_TIME", "MAX_SPREAD_TIME", "DURATION_PARTICLE_EFFECT", "CONE_START_ANGLE", "CONE_END_ANGLE",
    "SNEAK_ATTACK", "NOT_FOCUSABLE", "NO_DETRIMENTAL_SPELL_AGGRO", "SHOW_WEAR_OFF_MESSAGE", "IS_COUNTDOWN_HELD",
    "SPREAD_RADIUS", "BASE_EFFECTS_FOCUS_CAP", "STACKS_WITH_SELF", "NOT_SHOWN_TO_PLAYER", "NO_BUFF_BLOCK",
    "ANIM_VARIATION", "SPELL_GROUP", "SPELL_GROUP_RANK", "NO_RESIST", "ALLOW_SPELLSCRIBE", "SPELL_REQ_ASSOCIATION_ID",
    "BYPASS_REGEN_CHECK", "CAN_CAST_IN_COMBAT", "CAN_CAST_OUT_OF_COMBAT", "SHOW_DOT_MESSAGE", "INVALID",
    "OVERRIDE_CRIT_CHANCE", "MAX_TARGETS", "NO_HEAL_DAMAGE_ITEM_MOD","CASTER_REQUIREMENT_ID","SPELL_CLASS","SPELL_SUBCLASS",
    "AI_VALID_TARGETS", "NO_STRIP_ON_DEATH", "BASE_EFFECTS_FOCUS_SLOPE", "BASE_EFFECTS_FOCUS_OFFSET",
    "DISTANCE_MOD_CLOSE_DIST", "DISTANCE_MOD_CLOSE_MULT", "DISTANCE_MOD_FAR_DIST", "DISTANCE_MOD_FAR_MULT", "MIN_RANGE",
    "NO_REMOVE", "SPELL_RECOURSE_TYPE", "ONLY_DURING_FAST_REGEN", "IS_BETA_ONLY", "SPELL_SUBGROUP"

Note that most of these are known by different names since a lot of them aren't terribly clear what they do, heh.
  13. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Can we get an update to this list please? I see SPAs go up till at least 471 now.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Dzarn Developer

461 Fc_Damage_%2
    462 Fc_Damage_Amt2
    463 Shield Target
    464 PC Pet Rampage
    465 PC Pet AE Rampage
    466 PC Pet Flurry Chance
    467 DS Mitigation Amount
    468 DS Mitigation Percentage
    469 Chance Best in Spell Group
    470 Trigger Best in Spell Group
    471 Double Melee Round (PC Only)
  15. Lenowill Augur

For what it's worth - and I can't remember if I already said this in the previous thread or not - using "affect" as a keyword related to spell data in MMOs is at least as old as a ROM 2.4 MUD (a type of text-based online RPG) that I played in the mid-90's.

The MUD I'm thinking of allowed the player to type "affect" or "aff" as a command to ask the server to return a list of what buffs and debuffs were currently on their character. The list, when returned, was headed by the line, "You are affected by the following spells:" (That sentence, by the way is definitely a correct usage of the verb "affected.") A list of buffs followed, each accompanied by a sub-list of one or more line-items describing individual effects from each buff (much as a simplified parse of EQ1 spell data might).

Questions of linguistic validity aside, the usage of "affect" for this purpose is as old as the hills, at least as far as MMORPG programming is concerned.

As for whether using the word "affect" in the manner discussed in previous posts ("nouning" the verb form, when a differently defined noun form having to do with presented emotions is far more common in usage today) is correct or not - as someone with a degree in English and writing, my response at present is to agree in part with both sides of the argument, shrug my shoulders, and declare that language is a weird and rampantly corruptible thing. :)

Fun stuff.
  16. cilenne Augur

fwiw: It's more likely that, since the meaning of affect and effect are "pretty close" AND two descriptions were needed, the dev just used them both. The intent is clear when reading the code and a dev wouldn't care about the nuances between them - It matters in english (sort of, people are pretty lazy about subtleties), but this is (was) code, so exact meaning doesn't matter, as long as the intent is conveyed.

Later, they got published.

A similar example is spelling 'class' as 'klass' - it's misspelled, but you get the idea and that's all that matters.
  17. mackal Augur

Any chance we can get the newest additions?
    Fanra likes this.
  18. Deillusional Augur

Seems they changed 146 to have something to do with ports:

Slot 1:Teleport to -86, 210, 21 in ikkinz_7
    Slot 2:UnknownSPA: 146 (calc = 100 base = 210 data = 0 max = 0)
    Slot 3:UnknownSPA: 146 (calc = 100 base = 21 data = 0 max = 0)
    Slot 4:UnknownSPA: 146 (calc = 100 base = 128 data = 0 max = 0)
  19. Prathun Developer

I've updated the OP. Happy belated Valentine's Day!
    Fanra, Silv, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  20. Prathun Developer

Yes, good eye. 146 was previously Resist Electricity. Obviously, it was unused.
    With the changes to the spell table, the SPA was re-purposed to store teleportation location data.
    Fanra, Riou, Sancus and 1 other person like this.