Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Axxius Augur

Grats!

And how many tanks? ;)
  2. Leighton_Orestes Elder

Let's see:
    2 Warriors, 5 SKs, and **2 Paladins who were just healing (1 is a new recruit with basically no gear)

So really 7 actually tanking, but that may, or may not have been the whole lynch pin to our strategy. :p
  3. Piemastaj Augur

Those pets coming up big! ;)
  4. Vlerg Augur

I'd like to include the famous wizard tanking too... despite his will... and thanks a certain cleric named curandera.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Grats guys. :)

Good to see more getting this raid beaten now.
  6. Stubar Augur

Agreed. At the end of the day, the 5 fps was not allowing raid forces to put together a solid workable strat.

Not being able to move or cast was a major ****block for almost everyone.

Gratz to those that beat it and to those that will beat it in the near future!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Enkel like this.
  7. Drakang Augur

Finally all came together and we got the win today. Had been getting him to 5% and falling behind on adds for a while. Today it just all worked and boom he was unshielded and I was going wait gotta be some other issues here lol.

Gotta say the idea of 10 coins when prices mean you have to raid this for 2-3 months getting it down everytime its unlocked to buy a single item is Ridiculous. Especially give you only get 5 items
  8. Powerful Elder

^^ What he said. Feels damn good to finally get the win on this.
    Enkel and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Enkel Augur

Congrats!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Cisco Elder

Down to Enceladus a couple hours ago. Believe we had 4 warriors, 3 SKs, 4 Pallys, not sure how many healers. Few of them were boxed. There is light at the end of the tunnel ><.
  11. Enkel Augur

Nice, good job : )
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Finally beat this tonight, raid had 54 paladins!

Pally Power!!
    Enkel likes this.
  13. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Hah 54 pallies.....
    Our guild Ring of Valor just finished this raid tonight. Took us 3 attempts on the new tweak I did to the strat but it payed off. So yes the raid is doable a little intense and you can wipe to it even after its on farm if you get lazy.
    Crystilla, Bjornulf and Elricvonclief like this.
  14. kramer2202 Elder

If the instance would stop crashing on us, we would have it beaten as well.....
  15. Axxius Augur

Crashing? :eek: That's new. Haven't heard of it crashing yet, and it has never crashed on us.

Don't use campfires? That's the only one of the 'usual suspects' I can think of there. We are using auras, pets, Circle of X clickies, with no crashes.
  16. Rafather Augur

I like seeing new guilds reporting in beating this event. It makes me wonder about any guilds that now find themselves unable to beat it ........ slipping slipping slipping :)
    Fooba likes this.
  17. Axxius Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/hotfix-notes-july-2-2014.211925/
    There you go. This 1 tuning change would probably happen before it went live if the beta was longer than 4 days, and then it would have been business as usual: same day wins by 10 guilds, same week by 20 more.

Grats the next 20 guilds on beating this event in the next 10 days! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  18. Rafather Augur

Bahdah likes this.
  19. Edrick Augur

The changes to this raid confuse me a bit. The changes to War I understand, even though I think they are extreme, as an opinion. But after the lag was fixed, guilds were starting to repeatedly down this event, as evidenced by this thread. So it seemed like it was okay where it is - a nice bump in difficulty from tier 1 raids. We'll see what happens after this hotfix.
  20. Numzan Augur

We are still waiting for members to log in...... I think we are fronting approx. 30ish members due to the summer events. and pulling in new recruits daily just to fill the missing ranks.

Still only fronting 30ish Full Time members.

Wont be a win for awhile I assume.