PoW down!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enkel, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Songsa Augur

You deserve your #1 rank (if some could sill have some doubts). Well done guys !
    Btw best reward for that event is the kill, screww the lewts.
    Bahdah, Nissko, Esero and 5 others like this.
  2. Drakang Augur

Grats. But that loot is crap for the effort involved.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Syrup Augur

Congrats RoI
    As someone who has wiped on this raid my fair share, this is a seriously impressive achievement.

The loot was meh, but the title and sense of accomplishment are reward enough.
    Thanks for showing everyone it's actually possible to down this event!
    :)
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Congratz on doing the "impossible!!"

So, what dropped?
  5. Stubar Augur

A bunch of group quality Augs, couple of t2 raid items and a whooooooole lot of xp bars.
    Enkel, Raeya, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  6. Ayoheee Augur

Cool, grats.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment!

So that other guilds can also experience the joys and the excitement of a kill like this, I will share with the community the rumored strategy behind such an accomplishment-

Enkel and PMJ pet tanked both named via chain casting earth pets. Obvious I know, but at least the cat is out of the bag now...
    guado, Bahdah, Elricvonclief and 3 others like this.
  8. Iila Augur

We finally recruited another 18 mages to be able to pet tank everything. It's working out really well.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

It probably was until the new AA/spells tipped the scales a little.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Stubar Augur

Aye, should give Triton the extra little bit you guys need to finish the deal!
  11. Tual Augur

Grats Y'all!
    You guys have put some time into that and it's good to see you pull it off.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

To be honest, the beta meant nothing. You did however spend like a month working on it, which was more than the 2 hours of developer resets we had to endure.

Seriously though guys, congratulations on beating the event that was seriously not possible when it was originally released. Whether the new AAs/spells helped out or not, who knows, but it's definitely an event that 99% of EQ players won't get a chance to defeat until level 105, for sure.
    Romance likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

grats roi!
  14. Stubar Augur

^^ This.

As it is in most cases with Beta.
    Yinla, Synisca, Nissko and 3 others like this.
  15. Enkel Augur

No, the new AA/spells wasn't needed, people showing up was what was needed. Stubar has been very giddy and sarcastic as of late, since his class got no boost. But, he is still my favorite Canadian by a kilometer ;).

We spent 8 nights raiding it in all, not a month. It was spread out over a month, but we had large gaps between attempts. This was partly due to ToR release, and the then subsequent fall off in attendance.
  16. Slasher Augur

All beta means is an event is beat a few days or a week before it would of been otherwise. If this were 2000 i would say beta helps a ton but everyone finds out the winning strat eventually anyway now so beta really doesn't do much.

Grats on the win.
    Fenthen and Stubar like this.
  17. CaptAmazing Augur

I expect the whole guild to now post that everyone has the achievement for the doing all the War group content.

Grats and all on the raid .
  18. Candydare Elder

It's was a great challenge and a memorable win!

Thank you:)
  19. Rafather Augur

Looks like some people got hurt by facts.
  20. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Thank you for the kind words and everyone elses as well. This really was quite a memorable win and makes me even more proud to be apart of RoI. Everyone had their parts to do and they all did them amazingly. A raid like this really shows what being a team is all about. With that said, thank you to all the members of RoI as well.

On another note, I find it funny about the whole "you did or didnt beta this raid". Even without it being beta'd, people love to make some laughable remarks of time spent or needing the smallest AA to win (the real secret to this raid is the 15 skill increase in forage).
    guado, Iila, Bahdah and 2 others like this.