Clever / Ironic / Etc Names we might have missed~

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

So I was researching a spider I found while putting in a concrete slab behind my home wondering if it was a brown recluse since they're known to live in / around Dallas...

Turns out this particularly dangerous breed of spider has a nickname due to it's pattern on it's upper-torso-y-thing.

The nickname is the "Fiddleback" spider.

I instantly connected it to the raid mob in Sunderock Springs and found a new appreciation for the thought behind the name.

Just wondering if anyone else has some other neat connections like that, be it a building, NPC, item, etc that isn't glaringly obvious?

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What is Leg piece of Fiddleback for?
  3. Fendy Augur

First shot at derailing this thread.
  4. Smallpox Augur

5. Taiqwon Augur

One of the 6 cursecallers in the CurseCaller event in the Inktu`Ta raid is named "Cursecaller Fhqwhgads". Like many mobs in GoD it sounds like a run-of-the-mill "I'd like to buy a vowel, Pat" mobs. It seems to actually be a reference to a homstarrunner clip:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail9.html
    Axem the Great and Denial_Sinfae like this.
  6. Belchere Lorekeeper

I know this was posted elsewhere a long time ago, but in Thurgadin, there are two bankers, Mort and Gage :)
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Bait Masterson in Qeynos area comes to mind. :D
    -W
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Obiziana Augur

9. Axem the Great Journeyman

10. Mithrandyr Augur

11. Hayzeus Augur

Okay it was a player name, but Xev used to have a toon running around with the name "Serant Vucks"
  12. sojuu Augur

The raid in underfoot expansion in underquarry where you kill all the badgers to spawn a snake and then do it again to spawn a mushroom. It is pretty much exactly like the badger badger badger song.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sorry was the first thing that came into my head when I saw the spider. :)

Tavid Dennant <3 Dr Who
  14. Tobynn Augur

15. Tobynn Augur

Badgers Metal Remix!
    Pelrond likes this.
  16. Wiji Elder

There's a shoulder that drops in ferrott, the dream called Great Ape's Nape Drape. Not really a reference to anything, I just always thought it was funny
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dzarn like this.
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

A lot of the guys in the upper floor (around the wall) of Sanctus Seru are anagrams of folks that ran EQ sites: Baelish, Allakhazam, etc.

In tower of frozen shadow anniversary raid (and maybe in the static zone, I'm not sure) the wedding guest names are also anagrams of employees of SoE.
  18. Edrick Augur

19. lancelove Augur

The best part is the librarian's corpse line...
    Shaantara likes this.
  20. Lily Augur

Tavid Dennant in the guild lobby- Dr. Who