Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Deillusional Augur

Can you please fix the lag? It gets kinda hectic at the end and the lag kills you because of this.
    Perplexed and Yinla like this.
  2. Ranpha Augur

It's smooth when the raid is not active, but when the raid starts, lag starts.. it doesn't seem to be graphics related at all, more like something else is the bottleneck.
  3. Vlerg Augur

remove the central table, please?
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Ranpha Augur

Seems to be the translucent models that cause the lag. Gets really laggy when the first 4 adds spawn.
  5. Songsa Augur

yea i get no lag at all (around 30 fps at start) then when adds pop my fps drop to 3-5, then its ok again, its really weird, i experienced that in the past during some full burns with billion swarm pets and parsing everyone hits, but that was fix some time ago.
  6. Edrick Augur

The frames per second is pretty steady throughout the raid for me - low, but steady in my case.
  7. Insaneox Augur

It's like fighting in a closet with a giant table in the middle!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Maybe that's Kyle's wifes closet... and the table is where she keeps her shoes?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Karthos Augur

Same here. I've got a pretty good video card. GTX 770 but a not so new CPU. i5-3500. Haven't had any problems yet.
  10. Reprisal Augur

Pretty disappointed with this raid. The idea, mechanics etc are fine and some are neat. The lag kills it. Glad some people aren't having issues... I'm not one of them. Finding out the new update consists of one raid, and then that I would actually be a liability to my guild during the critical parts of that one raid.. I don't know, I'm bummed. Hope that the lag can be addressed, and future raids (if they take place in the tower of rot) don't have the same problem.
  11. Imrahil Augur

While I myself don't have any issue, many members of my guild have reported the same problems and most of them have decent PCs, so I somehow doubt it is an issue with that.
  12. Songsa Augur

In case that could help here are my specs : dell XPS with amd processor phenom2 X6 1055T, ATI video card and win 7 64bits.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Why are we posting new threads?The developers know this raid is bad. They pushed it live anyhow, and they didn't correct anything with the patch after the patch. Hopefully next week we can receive an update to this zone/raid, maybe part of our weekly content?
  14. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

As a melee, I absolutely love to stay doing nothing for the greatest part of the fight, because the Melee Hater stroke once again. For this single feature, I nominate this raid for the Windsong Award.
  15. Snowman Augur

Master Dzarn - you removed the fire pots and chairs that one faithful night to help relieve some lag - any chance you could make this change again on the raid to help out a little
  16. Iila Augur

The DSes? You know those can be removed, right?
  17. Vlerg Augur

i will guess DS from the mage-type mob + the reverse DS from the cleric type mob, all of wich can be recast any time , without warning?

Even if you can stop autoattacking ( within 2-3 second, or you are dead), it's still a melee-hating mechanism.
  18. Deillusional Augur

We seem to think it the model types that are causing the lag. So either try different models or reduce the number of adds that are spawning .
  19. Axxius Augur

It's not the model.
    • The only mob up before the start is Kyle Bayle. The same mob in the group mission doesn't make you lag.
    • 54 people at zi = no lag. 54 people move up to the table = lag from hell. That's before even starting the event.
    • The people who lag out do so even if they stay at zi and look away from the table while everybody else moves up.
    • The more people move up to the table, the more lag there is. Move back to zi = lag gone. You can check this easily.
    There is something near that table. Some invisible aura or a script that does something to everybody nearby. Every character in that part of the room creates X amount of lag for everybody in the zone.
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur

It seemed to me to also have a component due to moving near the table. When everyone moved up and stood still, the lag was worse than it was at the zone in, but not half as bad as right after we asked everyone to move back to the zone in. All that motion nearly brought my computer completely to its knees.

When we got back to the zone in, and stopped moving, the lag wasn't bad again.