Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Ayoheee Augur

Happy to hear that.

How about making it mildly interesting instead of a copy/paste from RCC?
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for making it permanent!

Also, thank you for responding on these forums:D
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Imrahil Augur

Thanks Ellyria for the update, I think It's a good decision to keep it up permanently.
  4. Zeiss New Member

Just wanted to add, one post from a drunk-dialing druid is not an official MS statement. And tuning was discussed, yes, but not excessively. When you are testing something and make comments on tuning and are told 'No', you /shrug and move on to the next subject.
  5. Vlerg Augur

Raid permanent? GREAT NEWS.

now let's keep the difficulty till CoTF T2 is well underway.
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

So can the subscribers have a anniversary raid that is beatable as we've had every year now? What is your justification for making something that pickup raids cant do for years to come? What are you trying to show us? Cause it's not that we matter.,
  7. Trajet D'Or Augur

Arguably? Can you name any other raid that can't be beat with 24 or fewer in the entire game?
  8. Vlerg Augur

I'd be curious to see a 24 man HoF 2 raid... dps requirement and all... you have a valid point tho Trajet d'or
  9. Filatal Augur

You mean like the raid last year? In fact, there have only been 3 anniversary raids out of 10 years. If you are looking to do pickup raids, they have those. Its called CotF. You get a whole expansion of pickup raid material. Those of us that like a little challenge have asked and asked. They gave us this. Probably made it a bit extra hard to shut us up. ;)

Don't pull the passive aggressive "you don't love us" bit because they have shown you lots of love.
  10. Drakang Augur

Right now if all of COTF is down and we have a full raid we go play with it. My guild is not ROI but we have torn through all the raids of late with no real issues.

We have learned and improved but unless there is some massive trick we have not found yet I will be amazed if we get a win without a level increase. Right now it looks like the raid demands flawless execution by 54 COTF raid geared people in the perfect mix of classes. Meaning that the vast majority of the player base will never be part of a win as it is now.

Without a change we will visit it occasionally but only an idiot keeps banging his head into a steel wall hoping the wall will break.
  11. Triconix Augur

The whole game is based around this "we" you speak of. Let the 1% get a taste of the old times for once, just once.
  12. Karthos Augur

Great news! I suspect you'll see some guilds beat it sooner than people most think. It might take a little luck but it will get done.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Come on, they'll likely nerf it soon enough but asking to pickup raid anniversary events this early in the cycle is crazy. Sure, nagafen was doable, but at least early in the cycle most anniversary raids you couldn't just grab a random bunch of yahoo's and win.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

It's been a couple days. Now that we know it won't go away, there's time to learn it and beat it.
    I'm not seeing it as unbeatable in it's current form unless it ramps up later in the event.
    Hard as hell yes, unbeatable, I'm not ready to say that yet.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While i appreciate your thoughts on tuning this down in the future, Elidroth is adamant it is supposed to be this hard, its been tested if it was deemed not in need of tuning then, why would it be in need now? Unless the dev doing the testing wasn't doing their job.

My personal thoughts is enough time has been wasted on anniversary events and temporary content and CotF should be finished, there are a lot of angry players around at the moment, and 1 zone,1 raid, 2 missions, 1 HA and 6 quests isn't doing a lot make them any happier.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Initially when the anniversary events started there was LOTS of raid content.

Look at all those fables everyone loves, the year they were released you needed a raid to bring most of them down. We had a blast with Time and the dragons outside ToV, same raids just beefed up to the current level or raid difficulty for the year they were introduced. Yes there were group fabled as well, but there were a lot of raid ones.

Then we got to fabling the Gates expansion, it was decided not possible with all the mechanics in the raid.
  17. Kiillz Augur

as previously read, MS had a "unbeatable" buff placed upon them and still took em least an hour to beat it while testing. Shrug I guess nothing is impossible, but doing the raid live we dont have a unbeatable buff, but least they made it permanent, a step in the right direction. See what we see.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

Good move all the way around IMHO. :)
    Thanks for the info!
    -R
  19. Ellyra Augur

Because we want people to beat raids. We want people to get loot. We want people to play and have access to content, if they choose. This may not always happen the first week a raid is released, but it should happen eventually. I am sure there are people out there who want to give this raid a shot in its current, intended form, and they will have the time to do that.

In the future, if the content's not as accessible as we'd like, then it makes sense to tune it.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

That all makes perfect sense to me. :)
    Good on you!
    -R